Is there any scientific proof that points towards the existence of God? I'm not talking about any specific God...

Is there any scientific proof that points towards the existence of God? I'm not talking about any specific God, just any sort of creator who has created the universe and us along with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ew_cNONhhKI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Define the universe and us

Us = modern humans (Homo sapiens, primarily ssp. Homo sapiens sapiens), the only extant members of the subtribe Hominina, a branch of the tribe Hominini belonging to the family of great apes

Universe = all of space and time (spacetime) and its contents, which includes planets, moons, minor planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space and all matter and energy

St. Anselm agued that there is a greatest possible object using a vague set theory approach. and you could define that as God. It's not particularly easy to know a whole lot about that object. Godel wrote a modal version of it. The argument is controversial.

Causality seems to be pretty important to science and St. Thomas Aquainus argued for God based on cause and effect. Most people have heard a dumbed down version of his argument. I think it's considered more compelling than other arguments, but there's still good criticism of it.

TL;DR: No. But there's some interesting logic games.

Veeky Forums

Proof?

No. Proof would make faith superfluous.

Evidence?

Yes, but not of the kind that is on topic for Veeky Forums -- it is circumstantial, or more commonly anecdotal. It is not subject to falsification or repeatable observations.

If that, by its nature, is not of interest to you, good enough. If you find the topic of interest, I'd suggest "The Language of God" by Francis Collins as perhaps being something you would enjoy.

There have been ontological arguments which some see as proof of God's existence dating from the Middle-Ages onwards (Godel's proof of God is one such argument), although any argument relies on you accepting its premises.

I came to Veeky Forums because I want scientific proof, not autistic screeching.

post more of this willy wizard and you shall get the proof of god through deductive reasoning

Nah
youtube.com/watch?v=ew_cNONhhKI

Another user here, but if you're looking for more alternative views of believers, I suggest taking a look at Donald Knuth's lectures in "Things a Computer Scientist Rarely Talks About."

Shroud of Turin
Miracle of Lanciano

How is evidence not a form of proof?

Evidence is proof in the colloquial sense, but it is not by itself a proof. To illustrate, consider what would happen if God personally appeared to you in a manner consistent with the beliefs of others. How would you use this to prove God's existence to others?

But this would still be proof for me, making faith superfluous for me.

>Is there any scientific proof
No.
Proof is found in Mathematics and Liquor.

>I want scientific proof
You're out of luck, Science does not provide proof.

>implying 'science' cannot refer to the formal sciences

Maybe our God is math and pure math autists are his Archangels?

I haven't heard about the miracle of Lanciano before, so I just looked it up; fucking mind blowing. The craziest part being they found out the blood type on the shroud and the sudarium.

Here's the weird part, the blood type on both of those was AB. The blood type found in the flesh in the Lanciano miracle thing? AB

Atheists eternally BTFO; no recovery

Is there any mathematical proof that Hitler existed?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts

This is absolutely no concrete scientific proof via observable phenomena or data that proves the existence of God. However, there is absolutely none that proves against him either.

Again however, there are mathematical proofs regarding why someone /should/ believe in God even if He doesn't exist, though they are based solely on statistics and chance rather than hardcore reasoning. I did see an equation once though that proved an intelligent mind is needed to generate the phenomenon that we have observed in our universe, though for me it's long gone and I haven't seen it since High School.