How big a deal is this guy?

How does he compare to guys like Einstein and Hawking? Also, do we know if his "M-theory" works?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Also, do we know if his "M-theory" works?
have you ever seen a string?

me neither

what a phenotype I crave for it

M-Theory doesn't have strings.

>hawking
>smart

pick1

Who are you quoting?

>M-Theory doesn't have strings.
Physics noob here, can you elaborate on this? First sentence of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory says "M-theory is a theory in physics that unifies all consistent versions of superstring theory."

BIG

ASHKENAZI

He's a far better physicist than hawking and, for what it's worth, has more citations than einstein (about 1.8 times). Many consider him in the same league as einstein and newton, though it should be mentioned that because much of his work is in string theory it remains to be seen whether this specific work will ever pan out, if it does you can bet he'll go down as one of the top 3 physicists to ever live. If it doesn't he'll still be considered easily one of the greatest of the 20th century, and possibly one of the top 10 of all time, maybe top 20. (many people forget that he's actually done a hell of a lot of work outside of string theory all of which is of the highest caliber)

Each superstring theory is defined on a 10-dimensional spacetime. M-theory is defined on an 11-dimensional spacetime.

What is seen as a "string" in a string theory is interpreted as an M2-brane wrapped around a circular 11th dimension in M-theory.

This sounds like completely made-up bullshit to me. How the fuck is any of this falsifiable?

>wanting your physics to be falsifiable
how 20th century of you, pedestrian

It is falsifiable, just not with any technology we currently have (or will probably have for hundreds of years).

How I can get some of his seed? I need it to impregnate my wife

Post tits
would unironically get cucked by Ed Witten as well

Most modern physics is just geometric math-poetry for super-smart Ashkenazim so they're too preoccupied to lead any major revolutions, criminal empires, or subversive organizations. We give then money and status, and in return they play with quirky ideas instead of do things to change society.

It worked well with Witten. He started out as a far-left McGovernite radical. But the delicious pleasures of physics caught up with him in the end.

Call it what you may but that sounds beautiful to me, minimalist in a way.

Does it seem too good to not be true, or is it actually a cluster fuck?

As if you can't do both.

As if developing your mind through ridiculously crazy math and physics doesn't make you an incredible asset

As if most of them really give a shit

All the various dualities that show M-Theory recovers each of the 5 superstring theories in certain limits really make it a beautiful theory.

It is disappointing we still only have a vague idea of what M-theory actually is.

BRAIN