Is the bottom of the pyramid really as important as people say?

>normalfags consider having sex on the same tier as breathing

>>social """""""""""science"""""""""""""

It basically is. Why do you think sex-starved young men shoot up schools? Not having regular sex is self-torture and slow-motion suicide.

>maslow's pyramid of memes
Might as well read your horoscope, brainlet.

T. Virgin

I agree with you that sex is important, but it definitely does not belong in the same tier as fucking breathing.

>sex as a physiological need
>morality
>acceptance of facts
>safety of morality
>security of body
Who created this trash?

pretty sure nikola tesla was a virgin but managed through life normally without murdering people

He was batshit crazy and only just kept his psychosis in check

T. virgin

what about heat

>sex as a physiological need
It is
How much time can you last without sex or masturbation?

That is homeostasis you fucking IGNORAMUS.

A lot of psychology is retarded and based moreso on superstitious beliefs than actual scientific data.
Right off the bat, the solely biological approach to psychology is the only real approach; and yet the approaches of spirit and all that tier bullshit are /still/ debated and even accepted today. If you believe that there is something beyond the chemistry and physics of neurons firing and their uniquely arranged structures that causes everything from psychosexual development to memories to consciousness, you need to off yourself and the classroom of whatever psychology class you took immediately. A large bulk of psychology is a meme field.

Even dream interpretation is still pagan in origin of its understanding and actually practical approaches are even ignored (and the approach of, "if you see a spider with cat ears that means you have a healthy sex life Lol rawr XD!!!1!1!!" is STILL FUCKING ACCEPTED).
Take it from a mate who took psychology as a minor. It's fucking retarded once you really look in to the nitty gritty. Hell, any mental illness could be cured with a very precise neural rearrangement in the right area, but otherwise will continue to be taught.

Much longer than I can go without any other item in the list. Many domestic animals go without sex their entire lives. Some monks do it as well.

This pyramid is for humans, not domestic animals, you fucking retard. When was the last time you saw a cow showing morality and creativity?

I'm quite certain that wasn't his point, it was moreso that you can last longer without sex than any of the things on the pyramid, which is relatively true. You can live a full and lengthy life without any sex, not even masturbation, but you may die without a stable country to call home.

I.e. For former statement see monks. For latter statement see wartime areas like Syria or Afghanistan.

Do you know what a physiological need is?

Isn't masturbation the same as sex in this pyramid? Sexual intimicy is like to blocks up.

Prove that sex isn't a physiological need for humans. I'll wait.

By both your thinking and what reality shows (you asked a post that gave examples for examples), you are implying that literally everything on the hiearachy is a physiological need, which I actually can't argue with given the modern day and age.
Congrats, you win, just not the way you wanted to.

>Sex more important than family

You are the one making the claim, so the burden of proof is on you.

Why would sex be a physiological need that applies only to humans and not any other species of mammals? That is unbelievably stupid. I'm starting to think you're not a scientist. Why are you on a science board?

Some funny guy added sex to the bottom tier, it belongs in the yellow area.

It is in the yellow area.

Bend over and give me your boi pucci

See
I'll take you boi pucci next thanks

Not the user you're arguing with, but I do have something.

In the yellow tier is "sexual intimacy." I believe you are confusing sexual intimacy with sexual development. Proper development of sexual understandings and actual physical development of genitalia is vital to the survival of a species, for if a species cannot reproduce, it will die out. It's the health of the overall species and in particularly a human example, an overall group of humans.
You can very well live without masturbating or getting laid, but if an overall group doesn't sexually develop, it will die out just as efficiently as if it didn't have exposure to air, water, or food. Just much more slowly.

>masturbation falls under "sexual intimacy"
T. virgin

Your time would be better spent reading a biology book aimed at 7 year olds.

I agree with what you said, but I think this interpretation is going beyond what the author intended.

Now you're not even worth arguing with, having stooped that low. I wanted to take your side for the sake of open-mindedness (as I had previously been a poster against you) and got down to what may have been your level of thinking, but now your just taking immature Ad Hominem pot shots.

Just please fuck off.

Sex is overhyped. You'll know once you have it. All I could think about was "Is this it?"

Sure it's not bad. But it's not worth dealing with women for.

Can someone explain to me why sex is on the lowest rung but also in the middle one? Make up your mind already Maslow

It's clear that the image was doctored and they knew exactly what reaction this would provoke here

Very few respectable psychologists take this seriously - same with Myers-Briggs and people like Freud and Jung
Wish Veeky Forums would familiarize itself with psychology a bit, there's still a lot of trash but at least stuff like this is considered pseudoscience even by psychologists themselves

>meme pseudopsychology
Not only are there any proof that school shooters were "sex-starved", there's also many more virgins than there are school shooters.

Only water, breathing, and excretion are actually important. I have had much of the above tiers without the rest, though in a patchy way and through various psychological means.

I think metaphorically the pyramid structure just reflects stability. Upper tiers will be less consistent and stable with pieces missing below, however, stability is not necessarily the ideal.

Probably that fact that people don't die off or outright shut down when deprived of any sort of meaningful sexual stimulation. Covering everything from lack of focus and awareness of sexuality, lack of masturbation, lack of orgasm, lack of sex, lack of attention from the opposite sex, and even outright lack of the opposite sex even being present. Organisms still function and generate viable output.

Getting laid is more important than achieving an 'intimacy' within the realm of sex. Pretty obvious. Not that I necessarily agree with its assertion. Though it seems for a lot of people it really is.

if you don't have the bottom layer you just have a slightly smaller pyramid

sex is definitely not required.

however, I would argue that physical activity is really what they're going for

case and point I know people who are amazing athletes that literally don't have time to fuck around with girls and they'll function like that for years

however they don't go crazy or anything because they're intimate with themselves and they masturbate when needed I suppose

however sex =/= masturbation obviously

The irony.

Months. I can't say the same for oxygen, water, or calories. Fucking normies

You are stil alive.
Do you need any other proof?

oh shit

If you don't have sex, you are already dead.

>Maslow's theory suggests that the most basic level of needs must be met before the individual will strongly desire (or focus motivation upon) the secondary or higher level needs.

hmmmmmm... Is this why I'm such a loser?

>Deficiencies within this level of Maslow's hierarchy – due to hospitalism, neglect, shunning, ostracism, etc. – can adversely affect the individual's ability to form and maintain emotionally significant relationships in general, such as:
Friendships
Intimacy
Family
According to Maslow, humans need to feel a sense of belonging and acceptance among their social groups

Wow. This is really starting to explain a lot.

Wouldn't be alive in the first place if it wasn't for sex.

That only requires OTHER people to have sex, not you.

You need to consider these things at society level. Sure, society can allow there to be some evolutionary dead ends, but not everyone can be so. Therefore it's of fundamental importance.

>there's also many more virgins than there are school shooters.

And how many virgins do you know that are happy and functional? I think that's his point, not that all virgins are cut out to be school shooters.

>Not only are there any proof that school shooters were "sex-starved"

The only school shooters I can think of off the top of my head were all sex starved. Maybe not all were virgins, but they sure as hell weren't popular with the ladies.
Then again, correlation doesn't equal causation. Of course you're going to be dysfunctional and abnormal if you're a school shooter.

what is this from? did that retard accidentally stab himself?

Can you provide some sources for that?

Ever tried not breathing?

oh hey it's the face of the modern right/mra movement!
all problems are his, none are allowed to have them, there is nothing more sad than an adult male virgin whose circumstances are entirely of his own making, NOTHING! mental illness isn't real, sex is the only thing that's good in life, if only one of those FUCKING DISGUSTING WHORES would pay attention to him!

also lmao i found the post and its literally a reblog holy shit i hope you die from your constant high blood pressure

What are you saying?

please, take this shit and go back to Veeky Forums. please, you can't stay here.

no he did not

It should say "orgasms" or something. Sex is generally a higher-tier desire.

can you tell me what this is from?

That he's a liberal retard?

Reproduction is a privilege, not a right.

Who are you quoting?

self-actualization is a meme.
people think they are working towards themselves. but in fact that our subconscious mind is what dictates our motivations. and mostly all human motivation is the same, stop thinking that you are special.

i can't believe popular psychology is so retarded

That's true. I'm actually a far better person after regularly paying for prostitution sex.

I didn't understand a thing you wrote. Can you explain in simpler terms? How exactly is he a liberal retard?