Why do we see visuals when we meditate?

Why do we see visuals when we meditate?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entoptic_phenomenon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination
twitter.com/AnonBabble

define "meditade" first, faggot

I'm pretty sure the question here is why do /you/ see visuals when you meditate.

Meditation is clearing your mind and quite literally focusing on nothing, to allow for a brief sense of peace and allowing you to concentrate on either your next tasks or more complex tasks as there's less going on inside your head that would affect your mood. You're not supposed to see anything, because anything and everything should be gone. At the very most, you should be focusing on a single basic stimulus, like breathing.

And why is this on Veeky Forums?

You guys are idiots and obviously know nothing about meditation

What kind of mediation are you doin' man?

Release of DMT, in a similar mechanism to dreaming.

It's all a dream

Play around with the app fraksl

It's just ambient feedback loops in your brain, you become aware of them if you calm everything else

In a sense it is a focus on nothing, but not as you imply. It is both an appreciation of nothing and everything (kind of like that line in the Incredibles where if everyone's special no one is). It's the source of all the annoying eastern paradox talk, but they do have a point.

I see visuals as soon as I close my eyes in my bed at night, I can make some simple things appear like a green circle, some red dots but if I don't try anything, I see faint things appearing and disappearing everywhere, faces, objects, etc.

Also if I get jumscared by a sudden noise in the night for example wood cracking, I see a bright white flash with a static image in it, generally a simple scene or landscape.

It must be some dream-like brain activity when you're relaxed

third eye

Dunno

I think that's called a nap. And you're dreaming

It's called your imagination.

It isn't real.

>See visuals when meditating.
Do you meditate with Weed & Psychedelics?!

Ok guys I think I know how feynman photographic memmory works. I have been seeing this tiny flashes of images that looks literally as in real life and you can move it up/down/left/right just thinking about it, this only happened twice after waking up still with my eyes closed.

I have read that people with photographic memmory often say they can recall full books, they dont need to remember just call the book in their head and read it again, I know because I have see it but dont know how develop this thing further.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entoptic_phenomenon

I'd say it's more this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination

This happens to me ad well and I don't know either.

tetris effect.
if you close your eyes after a long time of watching you will still see visuals.
I firmly believe its the reason that we dream.

Is weird, it dont feel like memory is like another function of the brain and Im pretty sure anyone can develop it we just need to know how.