Max Stirner

Just purchased Ego and His Own.

Who has read this and what did you think? What should I expect?

>What should I expect?
Retarded prose. And, close to the beginning, a commentary on why Mongolians and Negroes are inferior to Europeans.

Just fucking read it you dipshit. Why do people keep making these retarded threads.

>Mongolians

no

You got meme'd hard. Especially since Stirnerist Egoism can literally be summed up in a sentence or two.

Enjoy 400+ pages of outdated history and criticisms of philosophers and movements you've never heard of. Combine that with badly translated and dense prose you've got yourself the perfect sleeping pill.

Trust me, I fell for the meme too.

expect regret

I got this and Revolt Against The Modern World in the mail.

Ready to get fucked up my man.

you already failed by asking for prespookceptions before reading it. have a nice life

>a commentary on why Mongolians and Negroes are inferior to Europeans

post this now. i don't care if you have to type it out. ive got arguments that need winning.

I'm maybe a third of the way in OP. It's definitely becoming obvious that you can skim it and still take away exactly what is being conveyed. His philosophy is simple to intuitively understand unless you're spooked.

In essence, it's a dictated souvenir from the personal revolution against abstract concepts and the heavy yoke they weigh upon. If you've already unburdened yourself, why read 400 pages of Stirner bashing people who haven't? And if you haven't unburdened yourself, there's even less reason to read it.

this, except for the criticism of criticism was new - and the go as solution was novel for me. but he's fun to read, so why not?

This is the first page it is mentioned. I don't know what arguments you want to win, but it goes on like this for a while (about 5-6 more pages).

Bump before this gets pushed off.

At least 200-300 pages to long for its own good.
Stirner has some very interesting ideas but they are hidden in long ramblings which don't really get to the point. He often starts doing prose right in the middle of some paragraphs and then switches right back.
Also his Egoism seems inconsequential at times when he explains how people should stand up or rather work against this or that.
I would have loved to see some other philosophers pickup on his ideas on individualism and refine it further. But instead most literature on him is commies trashing him.

Also the meme density is a lot lower than you'd hope it would be.

>le kooky anarchist man

Don't expect a whole lot.

>What should I expect?

At some point you will realize that Stirner is just a meme.

None of those spook reactions succeeded. Religion is declining, smoking bans are here to stay, flag burning is protected speech (when the left does it) and property right are continually eroding

Yes, and?

what the fuck

>eating cocks

If you don't expect 300 pages of deep insight, it's a fun read. It repeats the same points multiple times, isn't really linear, and could be summarized in probably 30 pages.
But I found it entertaining, and his ideas are interesting and worth some reflection. The translation is kinda bad. I'm not a native English speaker, and I felt it was harder to read than it should've been.

>I felt it was harder to read than it should've been
welkommen to german phil

I'm about half way through my second reading.
Its pretty enjoyable, although you should expect Stirner to get into detail about why everyone else is doing bad wrong philosophy.

And by everyone else I mostly mean people of little historical consequence you have never heard of.

is he left wing or right wing??

WAD DE FUGGG :DDDD