Musk Cucked

Where were you when Musk was cucked?

Elon Musk's keynote speech at the 2017 ISSR&D Conference:

- No more propulsive Dragon landings

- Red Dragon is seemingly off the table entirely

- ITS dramatically reduced in scope and size to focus on 'economics'

- Falcon Heavy pretty much expected to shit the bed on first launch

- Elon: 'we need to build a base on the moon'. Goodbye Mars.

Well fuck me. There goes the fucking dream.

>corporate shill overpromising deliverables and taking taxpayer money

people were surprised by this?

Yeah yeah, its fun to hate on the popular guy, but in reality spacex was shaping up to be a very successful company, with some very ambitious dreams that all of us hoped (openly or secretly) would come true.

This settles it though. Its not happening.

check the catalog you massive retard

Not science and math. Fuck off back to Plebbit.

Uh I did? The only slightly relevant thread is >
but that thread's topic is discussion about the dragons new landing function.

Please direct me to the other threads?

How hard is he right now?

What the fuck

He's not a scientist, he's a businessman.

Hes an engineer, which all of Veeky Forums agrees is more important than scientists.

As his company deals with space and space exploration, these topics can be discussed on Veeky Forums freely.

Well this is a depressing thread. Thanks.

>'we need to build a base on the moon'

Finally, some sense, if he actually said that.

That is a direct quote.

It's not smart, it's fucking retarded. Everything is harder on the moon and for no benefit. The only thing easier is its closer.

fuck you cunt
>- No more propulsive Dragon landings

>- Red Dragon is seemingly off the table entirely

Thats cause they found a better and bigger alternative to replace this

shits still happening

just better you dipshit cunt

Did you watch the keynote? Musk was visually fucking depressed. This is not an improvement

>Where were you when Musk was cucked?
I don't remember exactly, but it was when he didn't deliver the fully reusable Falcon 9 in two years as promised

Neither did they deliver a long-term cost reduction by a factor of ten, even potentially

he's not an engineer, he has a degree in physics and cs

now go back to suck dicks, engifaggot

>Everything is harder on the moon
u wot
landing on mars is harder than on earth or on the moon
more gravity than moon, the atmosphere is there but not enough to brake or parachute efficiently

>computer engineer
btfo

>- ITS dramatically reduced in scope and size to focus on 'economics'
You don't fucking say?
The whole idea was an obvious skycastle PR, a rocket to nowhere, just to shake the media up.

Here we see a truly emotionally weak brainlet. Just because Musk seemed depressed to you a single time, and they took away your cool looking hype features, you think he "cucked" and give up hopes? Do you really think they did not think this completely through and didnt do this as a way to make their company even more efficient in regard to getting your mars? Its like youre trying to be subhuman garbage...

Ya but he's not a physicist or a computer scientist.

Re read ops post and try and say he wasn't cucked again

>people un-ironically believing that for profit private corporations will ever get us to the stars

>for no benefit

He said "base" not "colony". You can't have a colony on Mars or the Moon due to Jello babies. Doing something much harder is actually better. The Moon is the best stepping stone we can use to advance our technology for everything else and places we could actually colonize.

When will the jello babies meme die? There's obvious ways to avoid that like building long-term human habitats on mars that rotate around to produce enhanced gravity ffs

Why not just build the same thing in space and live there instead?

i will never understand this clucking meme...
u calling elon a chicken? huh? u are the real chicken
BWAK BWAK BWWWWAK

We should, but mars is easier in a lot of ways since you have a much larger resource pool, easy sources for oxtgen and fuel and materials space you have to be gathering that stuff up all of the time and you have a lot less living space.

The rotating thing is also mandatory in space but with mars it could be fairly small and mostly for pregnant women and children, most colonists could live fine in non-rotating habitats and just rely on exercise and a good diet to keep their bones decently strong, maybe everyone could sleep in rotating gravity enhancers to give the bones a boosts to strength.

In the very long run we will genetically engineer the body not to throw muscle and bone mass away so easily as it does, but there are ways around it now that allow colonization without any radically advanced tech.

Colonizing other planets is a waste of resources at the moment

Colonize Antarctica, or recolonize Africa

>Colonize Antarctica
Why?
>Recolonize Africa
Again, why? What's there to gain? We need resources, not plain old living space

first time I've heard anyone say we're going to mars for the resources

limp.

he still hasn't put anything into orbit.
/
NASA has no money to go to Mars. So SpaceX has no money to go Mars. all because the republicans are cutting NASA budget to protect their oil and coal buddies.

So why no propulsive landings via Dragon ? NASA won't let them? Simply not worth it on a cost analysis basis?

no point in developing and building it. if they aren't going to do Red Dragon missions.

No, we're going to Mars for fun. Fun counts as a resource. What's the fun in colonizing an ice island or a nigger reservation?

>genetically engineer the body

Oh now you've gone into "I'm a full fucking retard" zone. Why does space bring out the fucking morons in droves? This thread is getting as bad as reading NASA youtube channel comments (don't fucking do that!)

well good luck with that, you need economic incentives to make things happen

The way that I've always seen it is that space seems to be jumping the gun a bit when there is still plenty of frontiers here that are far more economically viable, whether its the frigid polar regions, the deep sea, uncivilized africa, etc.

Literally the only worthwhile endeavor I see with space is something like asteroid mining for rare elements that the earth is scarce in

Entertainment is an economic incentive. Why do you think the space race happened

Why can't they do their balloon castle recovery thing with the Dragon too?
Or splash down in some man made lake/river

It's not like its hard to hit a target while parachuting

cold war

>mars?
>i think thats a dumb idea sweetey come back to bed and give me children :3

Exactly. Americans (and maybe Soviets, I don't know) were bored of the passive-agressive non-fighting between us and the reds. So we decided to shake things up with a little race to outer space.

Bone density is absolutely linked to genetic factors user....and we can absolutely engineer people to resist the negative effects of microgravity in the future.

You're the one that just went full retard.

>disappointed by hype train
>uses the word cuck
yep, you might not be aware of this, but you're a potato.

>Creating monsters in the name of science.

>he still hasn't put anything into orbit.

His orbital launch vehicle engine also exploded, so it's going to be an interesting campaign to figure out how to make the engine work.

> muh feelings

Since it is exactly the business model for Tesla cars, no, I am not surprised...

Veeky Forums swims in posts about SpaceX. Calm down.

he's going to focus on building a base on the moon instead of chasing mars? yeah that sucks but that's interesting considering there's a ton of recent moon interest from just about every major space agency. seems like he is following the money which is practical but at the same time there's no guarantee that anyone's moon plans will come to fruition. there's currently no funding for manned moon missions.

There's even less funding for manned mars missions and they don't have the capital to build a colonization-scale Mars launch vehicle.

Which is exactly the current funding mars missions.

But the near-term potential for getting somebody to pay you to go to the moon is better.

It's not a matter of "focus on building a moon base"

Any ITS is fully capable of landing on the moon just as easily as on Mars

>colony on the moon now

I love how this meme still holds true.

GET THIS MAN MORE TAXPAYER MONEY!

You're braindead. The space race was about weaponizing space.

check his twitter you numskulls

They can't do powered landings because the legs sticking out of the heat shield didn't work out. It can still *do* powered landings, but not with landing legs.

>which all of Veeky Forums agrees
But Veeky Forums are stupid.

Is Falcon Heavy finished?
Either SpaceX will pull the plug after a couple failures, or the vastly superior New Glenn will make FH obsolete.

as Elon mentioned multiple times today, they just can't do everything in simulations. They need to launch it to figure out how it performs. Iteration through failure.

they can't do powered landings if superdracos are never added to the Dragon

it'll always have the superdracos, for abort

That's the excuse they used to get military funding. In reality, it was just another way to make the people think we're fighting the reds without having to go nuclear

How much do you think a moon hut will cost?
Looks really /comfy/..

The only way Uncle Sam would get us to space is if we find a distant asteroid with oil inhabited by muslims.

That's just a conspiracy theory. It was more about just beating the USSR in any way we could.

Had it really been about weaponizing space, we would have already done it before that point, or even after.

More like Elon Cucksk, amirite?

No it wasn't. Space weapons was a separate thing, more or less.

>Iteration through failure.
Smells like 60s all over again. That's why America put people on the moon, they embraced the new methodology of pouring shit ton of money in ground testing without having to make rockets fail in flight. Much more data that way, and less money required total.

Brainlet

He even elongated the wrong sound.

>because the legs sticking out of the heat shield didn't work out
holy crap how can you mess this up?
TKS had a fucking docking port in the heatshield, in 70s

gemini had this too

Not if aerocapture is needed

Why would you unironically have a twatter account?

Well its mostly people screaming about moonghosts and flat earth, so yeah, dont do that

>Why does space bring out the fucking morons in droves
Star Trek. Sad lonely people think they'd be someone important in a space federation. Oddly enough, this is the same delusional thinking used by racist living in trailer parks who think if we could get rid of all non whites, they'd be someone important in the Aryan nation. It's daydreaming without being tempered by reality.

Embryos can't consent.

>Cucked
Fuck off retard.

>a literal reddit and hacker news meme turns out to be overhyped
Wow color me surprised

This is a good thing.

Moon is the obvious first step. Red Dragon is a pointless stopgap. ITS at fucking 550 tons is way too oversized and should obviously be reduced in size.

moreover, Elon said yesterday that they are putting every dollar they make right into r&D.

It's actually quite funny how star trek is said to be this "hard sci-fi" show for nerd when it doesn't even explaind things properly.
It's a optimistic feelgood tv show where even the "logical" cast makes the most absurd assumptions and inductions. I loved (and still somewhat love) star trek, but it's in fact just another feelgood soap opera.
Thank god for DS9, that's atleast not as optimistic, more realistic star trek that deals with politics and develops other races, than muh TNG and baldman.

t. I don't watch star trek

You will never be able to afford a trip to Mars. You will never go to Mars.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA get rekt spacex kids

no, the moon is a fucking stopgap.

I don't know what speech you watched, but the one I just saw contained none those things.

Then you watched the wrong one, you dolt.

>I don't understand gravity wells
Here's a hint, get an anchor and a rope, then tie one end to your foot and the other to the anchor, then throw the anchor over the rail of a bridge. This will teach you everything you need about gravity

Have a link?

That's right Andrevious. Only stupid whyate peepo care about space n sheeit. It's a waste when we need more money for dem programs.

Moon is good. Laughably small escape velocity plus a big empty ball with nothing to protect on it so once you develop some infrastructure you can fire payloads of materials up there with a damn mass driver if you want. Do your construction up there and gently push the rocket into space.

We need steps on the ladder to mars. More orbital infrastructure, facilities on the moon. Then Mars and points beyond.

Moon is not a stopgap, stopgap is something which is will be obsolete in the future. There will be a base on the Moon even if Mars is colonized. Moon is simply a different goal. And an easier one, so great as a first step.

>taking taxpayer money
It's not like the Lockheed Martin and Boeing are any better.

Just look at how much Orion and the SLS costs, infinite delays and the money keeps flowing.
Every Space agency gets handouts, but those guys have been ripping off taxpayers for much longer and for much, much more.

>Everything is harder on the moon
It's practically the same though.

Sure there are less resources on the moon. But you're going to reasonably expect any Mars colony/outpost to try and be as self sufficient as possible anyway.

It's not like you'll have the tools and energy with you to locate, dig up and process raw materials into finished products.

>“it ended up being way harder to do Falcon Heavy than we thought.
>“At first it sounds really easy to just stick two first stages on as strap-on side boosters. But then everything changes.”
>Mr. Musk admitted, “We were pretty naive about that.”
>“The amount of load you’re putting through that center core is crazy because you have two super powerful boosters also shoving that center core,” stated Mr. Musk.
>“So [we broke] the qualification levels on so much of the hardware [that] we had to redesign the whole center-core airframe on the Falcon 9 because it’s going to take so much load.
>“And then you’ve got the separation systems… and, yeah, it just ended up being way, way more difficult than we originally thought.”

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHY ELON
I BELIEVED IN YOU

In a way I'm relieved. I thought capitalism was working for a second there.

Wheww

>habitats on mars that rotate around
Are you retarded? how do you suggest that would work?

I can understand doing that in space. And you wouldn't even need any mechanical parts to make it rotate, just make the habitat itself rotate and inertia will take care of it.

He is trying to court the ESA (European Space Agency) for funds. The ESA president said he wants to build a permanent base on the moon. He shot himself in the foot when he quit Trump's advisory council in a temper tantrum over the Paris agreement thing, so now he must beg for money from other governments.

Musk is a charlatan.