Reminder that THREE HUNDRED PRINTED COPIES of this book exist, as published from that Lulu site

Reminder that THREE HUNDRED PRINTED COPIES of this book exist, as published from that Lulu site.

Blows my fucking mind

Other urls found in this thread:

lulu.com/au/en/shop/anonymous/the-legacy-of-totalitarianism-in-a-tundra/paperback/product-21802774.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regression_toward_the_meme
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopscotch_(Cortázar_novel)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mfw I wrote one of the most popular stories in this book

>tfw you contributed to a great work of art
>and it was in the purest way

We should write another one but make it good

I own one. It's pretty funny. One day when I'm old and Veeky Forums is long dead I will look back on it and have a laugh and some mixed memories.
Maybe in my will I'll leave some cryptic hints about how it has secret importance and my grandchildren will go on a journey leading them to one of you cunts as a wise old man who interprets the shitposts for them.

>It truly was a legacy... of totalitarianism in a tundra!
Cucked again. You'll never leave.

Top kek this website, even should it die, will continue as a spectre as long as the Internet exists.

this

why is it so fucking expensive on amazon?

That's impossible

>tfw the Quagga Project will forever be the unfinished magnum opus of Veeky Forums

I think it's time we wrote another book

>Veeky Forums will never do anything this funny ever again
Veeky Forums boards are becoming slowly less interesting. No more singalongs, no more end of the year compilations, no more tiny chat rooms. The more popular this site becomes the shittier it is.

Be the change you want to see and start your own meme project

I think its because Veeky Forums had a reputation and now that reputation is spoiled. It had it's 'golden years' as the frontier of internet badboys. The problem is, it became popular and mixed with reddit so now Veeky Forums is just a place that people reference as being "oh yeah I've heard of that" instead of "yeah, I live on Veeky Forums and spend all my time creating content for that place to relieve my existential suffering".
The generation that cared moved on, and the kids here are posers. You're a poser for reading this.

I have one.
It's a surprisingly decent read.

It's funny you should say that because /mu/'s collaborations have finally gotten good for once

Anything good out of /p/?

Also have Hypersphere. Haven't bought Miami yet but I suppose I should.

2013 was the last half-decent one.
/p/ is utter shite now, sadly

>It's a surprisingly decent read

Agreed. It's filled with meme trash, but it's ultimately an interesting, original, and entertaining snapshot of Veeky Forums.

we should do another one

/mu/'s collabs are pretty fucking solid, senpai. just check pic related.

We should do one where it's House of Leaves style with a plot about how occult memes are influencing reality

>The generation that cared moved on, and the kids here are posers. You're a poser for reading this.
Yes and no. The generation that cared grew up more than it moved on, and the newcomers/newfags basically just ride on the coattails of those who came before them without contributing much of anything.

/pol/ elected a meme president, if that counts

also /tv/ just dubbed a scene from cat in the hat lel

The /v/ Vidya Gaem awards show is this weekend, that stuff is always incredibly high quality

Hyped af

Having grandchildren means you'll have to stick your pee-pee in a woman and somehow raise your kid to also be able to reproduce

I feel like this line could be used in the theoretical newest Veeky Forums book

I realise that the book is incoherent nonsense, but dat name though. Its fuckin brilliant

A love story, brought to you by Veeky Forums

Sure, I'm in for another.

Yes
The plot is about a NEET neck beard who falls in love with a qt3.14, hijinks and post modernism ensue.

i miss the tundra projects. I mean the meme got stale by tokyo drift but it was fun

Let's do another one lads.

Plus like said, the name is truly brilliant.

This seems simultaneously and paradoxically the easiest and hardest thing.

How can I contribute to the book

Neck yourself on cam for us so we can write about your life and death

If Veeky Forums did another book, what would you all like for it to be?
One single narrative somehow?
A collection of related stories?
Something else entirely?

this isn't funny at all.

Would probably be impossible to have one single narrative.

The closest we could probably do is different stories based around the same character(s)/setting.

Edgy response, fellow 4channer! Haha excellent!!

this opinion is valued above all.

Because that's some jerk

There have been downloads floating around before, the virtual copy was never intended to cost anything

>We should write another one
This.

When are we writing a new book?

All we need is someone to make regular threads and take charge of the google doc.

And we need to agree on a rough premise, I guess.

Setting Ideas:

Plot/story Ideas:

Character Ideas:

I missed adding to the book by about a day. It drove me crazy. I'd be down for another.

I was on a break from the site when it happened.

I did get stuff into Tundra 3 and the Kolsti book, but that's like missing out on Jaws then getting to be in Jaws: The Revenge.

>Setting Ideas
Veeky Forums, Anons bedroom, Hofbräuhaus am Platzl (user goes drinking with Hitler), Mecca, Saturn/Titan (reptilians and the Bogdanoffs live here, Titan is the center of their empire).
>Plot/story
No ideas yet.
>Character Ideas
Adolf Hitler
user
Anons Severly Autistic brother
Al-Suq Yadiq
Currently unnamed reptilians
Igor and Grichka Bogdanoff
mοοt
The Prophet Muhammad

>Character Ideas
Caligula

that depends on how good it is

>user
>Anons Severly Autistic brother
>anons slightly less autistic sister-waifu

this

>setting ideas
the fall of ancient rome
>plot
the pantheon of great writers are so horrified by Veeky Forums's creation that they start the apocalypse early
>character ideas
moot as caligula, user (a self insert for all of us), Trump, a /pol/lack, Our nige.

>moot as caligula
I love it.

Now this has promise.

then user and his ragtag bunch of associates have to fight through the apocalypse to prove to the pantheon that it is actually the greatest work ever written

>Character Ideas
W.T. Snacks as Julia Drusilla (moot gets to take Snacks virginity)

They have to do trials, and one of the trials is to do a coherent analysis of Finnegans Wake. James Joyce sits on a golden throne, smoking cigars and chuckling under his breath.

3 chapters of excerpts of random yahoos from Veeky Forums explaining the book.

I chuckled

we need to make this happen

I agree. I just can't be the DM, because I have work. There's gotta be a neet on here with the drive, right?

Probably not.

Tentative beginning here lads:

It was finally finished. As user typed the last few glorious sentences of his 600,000 word novella, he knew he had truly completed a masterpiece. Light literally shone down from the heavens through the window onto his grungy, Cheetos and cum-stained keyboard.
‘This is it’ he murmured to himself over the faint sound of an angelic choir echoing through his 120+ IQ brain, ‘this is the work that answers the final question and renders literature obsolete’. It was at this moment user’s heart began to undergo difficulties, as years of browsing the chon and cheeto binges seemingly caught up with him. He clutched his chest dramatically while flailing around in his lay-z-boy reclining chair.

He pretty much gets killed so he can have a meeting with the greats of literature

make him killed by a hot waifu who explodes into a swarm of bees sent by the gods. They didn't want him to finish the book. This is ancient rome, right? But even with his whole body swelling up, he still manages to type out the last three words, thus fulfilling the prophecy.

>not going exclusively for the most impenetrable and obscure ideas

>Setting ideas
Aristophanes' depiction of Hades, complete with the designated throne for the "greatest tragic poet" from his 460 BC play "The Frogs" featuring Punished Pepe from the hit game Devil May Cry
Baltimore, Maryland by day; The Denmark LEGO factory, under cover of night
The reader's bookshelf (or is it?)
The microscopic etched surface of Martin Shkreli's Wu-Tang compact disc
a 6-month old choking on a cough drop for 11 chapters

>Characters
Boston English teacher Ellen Baker
Igor and Grichka Bogdanoff
Gondola
the illuminated sage Mundus Millennialis
Gregory Berrycone
Indian public sanitation activist KC Mishra
Ookawa Bkub
The haunted pipe of Max Stirner

The point is we could incorporate all of that in the idea above, getting steadily more needlessly convoluted as we go on
>3 pages of random user's thoughts on Infinite Jest for example

New progress:
user wiped the sweat from his brow- thinking on such a level as he were no easy feat! He took the moment to slip a tendie in his mouth and ponder the view outside his window. The light perfectly reflected off of the marble aqueduct that ran perpendicular to his villa, annoyingly, in his opinion, as it prevented him from being able to see the orgies that were now commonplace in the atrium. What was the point of living in Rome if you weren’t able to enjoy the finer things in life? It was 450A.D, the current time, for God’s sake. He shook his head and began to write again. He was nearing the last few glorious sentences of his 600,000 word novella and he already knew he had completed a masterpiece, no, THE masterpiece of literature ad infinitum. Light literally shone down from the heavens through the window onto his grungy, Cheetos and cum-stained keyboard as his chunky fingers danced across the keyboard spryly.
‘NOT SO FAST VIRGIN’ came the sudden cry from behind him, ‘WILL YOU FINISH YOUR GREATEST WORK WHILE NOT YET A MAN’? user turned around as fast as his reclining computer chair would allow him and two minutes later gazed upon the girl of his dreams, the waifu he never thought existed. Shocked speechless for a mere moment, he gazed at her bosom before entering a lengthy internal monologue with himself whether 2D or 3D were superior.
‘ARE YOU GOING TO SAY SOMETHING’ the maiden asked in a surprisingly masculine and commanding manner.
‘T-t-tis’ an awesome thing a girl in my villa. I’m user’ he began, ‘Don’t be intimidt-‘
‘SILENCE’ the waifu said, glad to be interrupting his poor attempt to talk to a girl, ‘POINT ME TO YOUR BEDROOM’

>user wiped the sweat from his brow- thinking on such a level as he were no easy feat! He took the moment to slip a tendie in his mouth and ponder the view outside his window. The light perfectly reflected off of the marble aqueduct that ran perpendicular to his villa, annoyingly, in his opinion, as it prevented him from being able to see the orgies that were now commonplace in the atrium. What was the point of living in Rome if you weren’t able to enjoy the finer things in life? It was 450A.D, the current time, for God’s sake. He shook his head and began to write again. He was nearing the last few glorious sentences of his 600,000 word novella and he already knew he had completed a masterpiece, no, THE masterpiece of literature ad infinitum. Light literally shone down from the heavens through the window onto his grungy, Cheetos and cum-stained keyboard as his chunky fingers danced across the keyboard spryly.
"user! user, please answer!" panic gripped user, making his fingers convulse against his will. A woman's voice! A woman! At his door? Perhaps finally, the females of his species have finally come to their senses, and realized what a gentleman he was. Much better than Spartans, or Gladiators; those brutes.
Daintily, he heaved his massive bulk out of his maxnomic casual sport gaming chair and made his way to the door. He hesitated, then let it swing open. A girl, too beautiful to be 3D stood their.
"Will you let me in, user?" she asked. Her voice was the voice of angels. Numbly, he stepped aside and let her glide inside. Her shift whispered gently as she moved. Strangely, there seemed to be a barely perceptible hum that followed her inside as well...

>stood their.

but nevermind. If such a beauty wanted to hum strangely, by the gods, she could hum strangely!
"I've heard stories about you, user." She hummed, turning to him.
"S-stories?"
"Oh yes. I heard you were handsome, and intelligent and could please any woman."
"Well, yes, obviously that's... true."
"Will you show me?" She hummed prettily and user nodded robotically. Neither moved. After 15 minutes, the woman made an odd, angry buzzing noise and stepped forward, grabbing user's hands. This is a kiss! She wants to kiss me! user's mind shrieked, and he whipped his head forward, to bring his lips to hers. They were... oddly lumpy. Just like he'd read about! Very soft and... pokey... He jerked his head back, eyes snapping open. Instead of his beautiful, perfect waifu, there was a swarm of bees patiently waiting in the vague outline of a woman!
"NO!" user shouted. Whether it was the despair of his first kiss being to a swarm of bees, or the fact that he knew now that the gods were jealous of him and his unbridled talent, he didn't know. He lumbered desperately to his computer again, ignoring the best he could, the thousands of tiny insects jabbing their poison into him.
'Just three more words!' he thought, his vision going hazy. 'Two more! One... more...' Slumping to his knees, user raised his arm high over his head index finger outstretched. With one last burst of herculean effort, he slammed it down on the period key. The sound echoed throughout all of Rome, perhaps even the world. Distantly, the gods bellowed in rage.
user, satisfied, rolled his swollen and discolored body over onto his back and died.

yes I know. good job.

>yes I know. good job.
Thank you.

You're clearly putting some thought into this, but I hate to say that nothing's jumping out about this at all.
It's dumb, but not even the fun or interesting kind of dumb. I don't know whether to tell you to try harder or not to try so hard.

>This is a kiss! She wants to fuck me! user's mind shrieked, and he whipped his cock forward, to bring it to her lips.
>Whether it was the despair of his first blowjob being a swarm of bees
ftfy

then participate and fix it if you think it needs fixing faggot

>Whether it was the despair of his first blowjob being a swarm of bees
AHAHAHA! PERFECT

>but nevermind. If such a beauty wanted to hum strangely, by the gods, she could hum strangely!
>"I've heard stories about you, user." She hummed, turning to him.
>"S-stories?"
>"Oh yes. I heard you were handsome, and intelligent and could please any woman."
>"Well, yes, obviously that's... true."
>"Will you show me?" She hummed prettily and user nodded robotically. Neither moved. After 15 minutes, the woman made an odd, angry buzzing noise and stepped forward, grabbing user's hands. This is a kiss! She wants to fuck me! user's mind shrieked, and he whipped his cock forward, to bring it to her lips. They were... oddly lumpy. Just like he'd read about! Very soft and... pokey... He jerked his head back, eyes snapping open. Instead of his beautiful, perfect waifu, there was a swarm of bees patiently waiting in the vague outline of a woman!
>"NO!" user shouted. Whether it was the despair of his first blowjob being a swarm of bees, or the fact that he knew now that the gods were jealous of him and his unbridled talent, he didn't know. He lumbered desperately to his computer again, ignoring the best he could, the thousands of tiny insects jabbing their poison into him.
>'Just three more words!' he thought, his vision going hazy. 'Two more! One... more...' Slumping to his knees, user raised his arm high over his head index finger outstretched. With one last burst of herculean effort, he slammed it down on the period key. The sound echoed throughout all of Rome, perhaps even the world. Distantly, the gods bellowed in rage.
>user, satisfied, rolled his swollen and discolored body over onto his back and died.

Just ordered one.

Yours truly, a Veeky Forums newbie.

I'll write a portion if someone actually organizes something, but i'm not going to mess around with whatever it is you're doing

Reminder that Veeky Forums has written three more of these pieces of shit.

there are at least 3 people participating. If you want someone to organize something, then sitting there and bitching about nobody organizing anything is a really great way to go about it, you faggot

truly the age of decadence produces only the finest literature

none of the others can compete with hypersphere

prove me wrong in detail

I agree

where 2 cop?

I've been here since 2k7. Please relieve my existential suffering

Same.

It always starts this way user with precisely your attitude. Then, the memelords come and shit on everything.

Still, It would be interesting to see what would come out with strict moderation that enforces a spartan code of rules and practices. It'd be purposely long, arbitrary and complicated so only the most commited and dedicated anons (and memelords) would be able to write anything.

Still, this thing would be more like an internet social experiment than literature.

Hypersphere is literally red dot

lulu.com/au/en/shop/anonymous/the-legacy-of-totalitarianism-in-a-tundra/paperback/product-21802774.html

The others are there too

It would be interesting and might even make something good. I mean other boards have been able to do things that is coherent and not just psychobabble.

I think the most difficult thing is that besides "We want to make a good book" there isnt any unifying subject that everyone wants. Nor is there a character or purpose. In the singalongs they at least had structure and guidence from a higher source (The song). In writing a book Veeky Forums doesnt really have that.

I bought one and never read it, as an homage to Veeky Forums

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regression_toward_the_meme

Good title

Something like this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopscotch_(Cortázar_novel)
Basically, a few dedicated anons would write something novella-length, and the rest would write shitposts that take place between chapters. That way it's both a serious art object and a giant fucking meme.

I don't remember writing this

>Anons Severly Autistic brother
how about user's severly autistic brother who is actually just user?

don't spoil the twist m8

Probably best book to be read in public.
Sadly I am from Europe and cant afford it.

>literally predicts that trump will be president and how, over a year before it happens