Medicine saved my life

But pure mathematics meme never will.

Think about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=IOf-z0D1mHk

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann#Death
newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/John_von_Neumann#Cancer_and_death
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't overdose. Read the instructions carefully.

Only microdose.

That way the doctors cant get you addicted

DrugsĀ“ Efficacy is studied in Clinical Trials whose result is expressed with Mathematics

>implying doctors (soon to be obsolete) could dose medications correctly without pure mathematics

Chemistry saved your life, not medicine.Chemists truly are the silent heroes of this world.

You can't be a doctor without being a competent mathematician. Honestly theyre the masterrace.

Medicine do not saved the greatest Applied Mathematician of All Time

John Von Neumann

He died prematurely at age 53, in 1957

Von Neumann was diagnosed with bone cancer or pancreatic cancer

Caused by exposure to radioactivity while observing Nuclear bomb tests in the Pacific & New Mexico. (Fellow Enrico Fermi died of stomach cancer in 1954.)

Von Neumann died within a few months of the initial diagnosis, in excruciating pain. The cancer had spread to his brain, inhibiting mental ability.

Sources:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann#Death
>newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/John_von_Neumann#Cancer_and_death

Pharmacology requires biology as much as chemistry.

How many Medical Doctors can Proof?

How many doctors know Real Analysis? Topology? Differential Geometry? Commutative Algebra? Chaos Theory? Financial Math? Differential Equations? Algebraic Geometry?

How many know all such math being able to prove all Theorems.

Besides Mathematicians I know just a few scientists that mastered that.

On top of that I know only one Physicist that not only mastered all of that but also won a Fields Medal.

>allowing another genetically inferior person to live and procreate
Thanks medicine

Medicine can't even cure a cold. Mathematics could predict physical phenomena that are so subtle that even experiments lied to the masses.

well thank biologists for figuring out how all of this shit works. otherwise they'd be bloodletting you instead of giving you drugs.

Whoa, so this is the power of Veeky Forums

Mathematics can predict the trend of epidemics so that Doctors would know what to do. If it weren't for mathematics, we wouldn't be ready for an epidemic strike and even Doctors would be powerless against Ebola or something like that.

t. Triggered math major that found out medicine is the real course that will get you 300k starting

Pulling at strings here

Man, I'm midway through medical school and I only know highschool level math why would I learn more if I don't give a fuck about it?

ITT: people desperately trying to deal with feeling inferior to doctors

He couldn't handle the physics..

this is a fractal

you'll thank me when you're older

>Implying it's a heroic act to save someone that according to darwin, should have died off, and more important; not reproduce and infect it's weaknesses to the future.

Medical advancements are the reason humans will get wiped off this planet some day.

Medicine save my life

But

>History
>Economics
>Law
>Mathematics
>Chemistry
>Biology
>Art
>Philosophy
>Finance
>Business
>Language
>English
>Music
> X

never will think about it.

Think about it.

top fucking kek

There is no such thing as applied mathematics. Mathematics is mathematics.

Sorry cant hear you over my 300K starting.

#sorrynotsorry

Captcha: calle expiriance

>Medicine saved my life
>But pure mathematics meme never will.

Maybe ""pure math"" never will but applied math sure as hell did.

Also, I'm curious if ""pure medicine"" could save someones life? Pure in the sense that it has no other disciplines of science involved in it. What would ""pure medicine"" look like? I'm pretty sure ""pure medicine"" is what witch doctors practice.

people interesting 10 times in mathematics and science.

what will happen?

We are still in a very primitive age of medicine. Our knowledge of drugs only goes to their first direct physical binding sites. Downstream effects are guesses at best. We have pharmaceutical hammers and everything looks like nails.

>implying chemists didn't get laid before biologists
the magic of GHB

>Chemists
What do you do besides mix muh chemicals?