Holy shit

Holy shit

Well, it's shit all right...

It really is the greatest book ever written

i have a theory that literally no one on this board has read W&M

This book sounds rad.

You actually spend that much, when it's getting reprinted for $100 or so less.
You make me kek

Not OP but I got a copy for $12 that's near perfect condition.

Working on it, my dude.

I read it user, ask me questions

is it good

I had a dream where I spilled water on someone's copy of the book

>Available soon
>230 days.

Jesus fuck your dreams are boring.

>win10
>chrome

>he'll die without having read a hundredth part of the books he wanted to read
>thinks 230 days for a book is too long
When you're 18 a year is a lot, I get you user. I was a kid once too.

I have terminal kidney failure due to a poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis, for me a year indeed is quite a lot.

>4032x3024
>Holy shit

Start with smugglers bible. W&M has 100K more words than IJ, it's too patrician for anyone on this board.

Meh, I would still buy the original monstrocity just to say I have it and display it, making me the victor!

how does it compare to other postmodern tomes. is it that unreadable?

allso

i dont beleiv you

I'm almost finished his ancient history. It's really good. The mystery surrounding Cy is driving me crazy. He hooked me this shit.

Then you don't give a fuck about that book in the first place. Grow up kid.

I took the screenshot in September or something like that

I don't like this grouping that Veeky Forums does with it's giant pseudo-postmodern books. More than anything else, McElroy is a modernist, and you can see a lot of Imagist tendencies in his writing: this writing at the cusp of thought, of an idea coming into existence. The book is...hard as fuck. It'll be like Ulysses/GR in that there are sections that will go over your head, despite the insane lengths it will go to repeat itself and reiterate. The whole book is sort of steeped in a native american mythos, and it does its best to incorporate it's own mythology involving the Jim Mayne, the protagonist, so there's a sort of fantastic or epic staging to the work. It is enjoyable, there are parts in there, particular little vignettes like "the departed tenant" that are strangely some of the best short fiction pieces I've ever read.

I'm posting this whilst fluid is slushing around in my abdomen in order to filter my blood.
I have nothing left besides reading, can hardly walk around the block.

How long do you have left?

32 years

kek

Grace Kimball GOAT female character

book is straight retarded. wtf is a navajo prince? Wide load? McElroy is a hack

Grace Kimball is great but has nothing on Jim's grandma and mother

and it'll all sort of make sense at some point

how long did it take you to read?
have you read it more than once?

when the fuck are we getting a reprint of this thing

there'll be an ebook eventually, whenever joe gets off his autistic ass and finishes proofing it

there seems to be a bunch of spelling mistakes in ancient history by the publisher Dzac books. is that his fault or the publisher?

Took a little under a month, tried to squeeze in 40-50 pages a day, and I've only read it once (and probably won't try again for another decade)