Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qPU5dUFv8yk
youtube.com/watch?v=9SBNCYkSceU
youtube.com/watch?v=A6s49OKp6aE&ab_channel=smalin
youtube.com/watch?v=bYyK922PsUw&ab_channel=ThomasTurner
youtube.com/watch?v=GKkeDqJBlK8&ab_channel=poloshia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I admire everyone who can

If you can't study with music on, we understand, don't worry, nobody will mock you for being a brainlet.

>he doesn't study whilst listening to slow, ambient piano music

Brainlet detected

>not taking advantage of the full concentration your brain has without any distraction from the music
>sacrifice some concentration just so you could listen to music to subdue your autism
And I thought people here were smart

[spoiler]hipster[/spoiler]

t. I have ADHD please be understand.

Music cuts down retention by 20-30%. This is because the brain confuses the subvocal resonances implicated in reading with the harmonics of music, which play to our language center (yes, even instrumental music). As a result, the brain often stores data related to your subject area in the wrong place, such as the striatum.

This guy gets it.

>not studying with a movie/game soundtrack as a background music

Just brainlet things

>At Princeton he received complaints for regularly playing extremely loud German march music on his gramophone, which distracted those in neighbouring offices, including Albert Einstein, from their work.[53] Von Neumann did some of his best work in noisy, chaotic environments, and once admonished his wife for preparing a quiet study for him to work in. He never used it, preferring the couple's living room with its television playing loudly.[54]

Okay. Are you going to cite a passage about Einstein's smoking habit next?

>he thinks one exceptional case is proof of anything
Once again, Veeky Forums shows it's mathematically illiterate.

>he's never experienced the joy of listening to space ambient while doing math problems
Why do you hate yourself?

Why the hell would he listen to German marching Music when he wasn't even German? Austro-Hungarian maybe.

I've been putting on rainymood with my autism music recently

Source?
Genuinely interested.

>Von Neumann did it, so it would work for me too

Music increases retention by 20-30%. This is because the brain confuses the subvocal resonances implicated in reading with the harmonics of music, which play to our language center (yes, even instrumental music). As a result, the brain often stores data related to your subject area in the wrong place, such as the striatum.

You posted this twice, you know that right? Is this a new spicy meme?

Read the first sentence again

>storing information in the wrong area = greater retention
I don't get the logic here.

Didn't people with photographic memory have a dysfunction that made them store information in the wrong place, hence why there is no passive erosion of those memories?

Music increases retention by 20-30%. This is because the brain notices the subvocal resonances implicated in reading with the harmonics of music, which play to our language center (yes, even instrumental music). As a result, the brain often stores data related to your subject area in the right places.

It's not optimal, but the random sounds of other people are even more distracting to me.
I use soft nondramatic classical music, no singing, as a kind of white noise to drown them out.

>I have ADHD please be understand
Heh, I have ADD, the only thing that keeps me concentrating is heavy metal music, even though I don't really like it, I prefer indie /classical.

It keeps me getting distracted by the slightest things, like pic related I saw it when I was in the library.

I got distracted by a fucking 0.2cm spider, but I love spiders

>he studies

But muh ADHD
ADHD isn't real nigger you are just a brainlet

ADHD might be overdiagnosed, but it isn't just made up

>photographic memory
doesnt exist

>it isn't real because I don't have it

I was put in a special school when I was young because of it, and you literally don't know the social problems this shit creates to you when you can't control it

Back to Rebbit please

I am taking a break right now, but just now I was literally studying with this in the background youtube.com/watch?v=qPU5dUFv8yk

>when he wasn't even German? Austro-Hungarian maybe.
>"my work on various forms of operator theory, Berlin 1930 and Princeton 1935–1939; on the ergodic theorem, Princeton, 1931–1932."
>1935-1939
Au contraire, he was German. Everyone from Austria was German.

Brainlet the post

He's not German ethnically or nationally.

He was a Hungarian Austro-Hungarian.

So you got put into a special school because you were shit at academics and blamed """""""""adhd""""""""". Get the fuck over yourself and apply yourself for once instead of shifting blame

some of math geniuses say they link the numbers with colors, sounds,tastes because it help them to mentaly build the calculus. And do you have proof that listen music disturb your attention? And I don't ask you some logical and obvious evidences, I ask you real proofs

ADHD's a meme bro. I literally got diagnosed with it once by a psychiatrist just because I stated the symptoms on the chart which I read up beforehand. Now I got like prescriptions for stimulants whenever I want, although i don't take them anymore since they really fuck with your brain after long term consumption.

In 5th grade in music class, we did an experiment.
We were all given a set of 100 fairly easy math questions, and told to solve as many as we could within 60 seconds.
Then we did it again with new questions, except this time music (i think some kinda rock music) was playing in the background.
Exceptionally, the performance of all students decreased by at least 20%.

HOWEVER, I am a strong believer in listening to ambient, calm instrumental music while listening, and therefore reject that experiment because it used violent rock music

Of course they're gonna get distracted. They're subjected in a way to notice the rock music, their brain isn't able to tune out something foreign. If you wear earphones and blast your own music, your brain doesn't feel that it's a foreign sound and likely just put it in the background. It's basic survival instincts.

Iirc, there was a study conducted regarding student efficiency while doing problems. Classical music produced positive results but, depending on the tastes of the subjects, I think the same conclusion can be reached with just about any other genre.

Obviously, lyrical music is out of the question.

I'm curious as to whether or not the performance of the subjects on the tests was better than it was without music. I.e., if the music corresponded to qualitative improvement as well as quantitative

youtube.com/watch?v=9SBNCYkSceU

Nah its real, one of my friends has it pretty bad. You can tell there's something wrong in his head, and when you talk to him he paces around and doesn't stop looking at things. He can not hold still, ever. He gets distracted super easily, like mid conversation he'll go "oh" then go touch a thing he was looking at. Always always moving. Sometimes he'll try to explain what's going on in his head and he just can't do it and he gets really frustrated, like sometimes I can tell he's trying to not cry when he attempts explaining his dilemma. And no he's not retarded, he does well academically somehow.
But please dude don't go telling people it's fake, it's certainly overdiagnosed and there's also a lot of people like you that are abusing it. It makes me pissed when I see people say things like "oh I have ADHD" when they clearly are just lazy pieces of crap.

>playing extremely loud German march music on his gramophone, which distracted those in neighbouring offices, including Albert Einstein
und das heißt *BOOM* *BOOM* Eeeeeeeee-rika

>the cerebrum and the auditory cortex do the same thing

Just admit you're a tryhard brainlet that needs to give 110% just to stay on top of the bell curve

I study with music only when I need to learn something by heart, the rhythm helps me I guess.

>Not listening to Debussy while studying
youtube.com/watch?v=A6s49OKp6aE&ab_channel=smalin
You guys are really missing out. Music makes studying a delight.

Shiz that's actually good, mostly the beginning and end melody. Got any more? (going to sleep rn but I'll be back in the morning)

The thing is that I learned how to control it, and now I'm doing masters in robotics, you sound like a nerd that became a loser after high-school, I know loots of them

I usually do.

I avoid it when i have to learn something theory-heavy, which requires me to pay attention to the words in the book, and not sing along. However, when I'm doing problems and exercises, you can expect some melodic narration.

>he trolls Veeky Forums boards
>he posts epic memes

youtube.com/watch?v=bYyK922PsUw&ab_channel=ThomasTurner

One of my favorites

youtube.com/watch?v=GKkeDqJBlK8&ab_channel=poloshia

Have another, though this is a Ravel