youtube.com/watch?v=vFXF9qnlYR4&list=PLKtI6DyKnYmOvFUDwk9Mm3-ly_uN27qje
youtube.com/watch?v=sflQe6ih3tg
youtube.com/watch?v=xL3MBMim36E
youtube.com/watch?v=e9zA68z9zMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh hello

>listening to music while reading
>reading with your shoes on

Anybody have that quotation from Nietzsche about women reading for the sake of being seen reading.

Wew

> eading for the sake of being seen reading.
I do that all the time.
I normally take something easy to read out with me (to actually read) and a Dostoevsky book to whip out on a crowded train or bus to look smart , its impossible to read when its crowded anyway so i might as well look well-read

lonely again, anontan? i'll pray to saint simeon stylites for you

At least women read

Not really. Reading shit is the equivalent of reading propaganda encouraging being retarded.

But this is why I read. I was reading A Game of Thrones once and felt physically incapable of taking it out in public. Whereas usually I'll find an academic-looking person and angle the title of my v. patrish book toward them.

Sabira?

>not reading infinite jest on the subway

Pick up your game my good man

And of course she is reading lovecraft...
Pffffffffffffffftttttttttttt

>Dyed hair

kys social justice faggot

A bit rude la

You can't read with music on? Your concentration must be really poor.

HOT DANG! who is this semen demon??

it's insulting, both to the musician and to the writer, to do this. it also proves how you are unable to have respect for both mediums. fatally injure yourself.

me

AYY BaBY want sum fuCK? i have patrish taste in art and literature.

Shut the fuck up retard. Then I suppose watching a film is an insult to
>the screenwriter
>the cinematographer
>the choreographer
>the composer
Etc.

>tfw I want that book but it's $50 and I don't even like Lovecraft much

Fuck off you idiot. Not all music is intended to be listened to non-passively, and some people actually focus better on reading with music, especially music that matches the mood of what they are reading.

also all these posts: prove how shallow Veeky Forums is and how they aren't any better than women.

the real crime in OP's pic is that she is using earbuds and sitting on the goddamn floor.

no, you moron. the film is made to be experienced this way. it's the same as watching a film and listening to your own music/reading a book during it. it makes it impossible to fully experience the art.

What if the music you're listening to is really fitting and it elevates the art

What about ambient music or chants, they were sung during the work hours of priests.

what about ambient music?

As a musician, mix both is stupid.
Read a book makes its own music.

And there are details in music that will make your experience a lot of better if you take your concentration listerning.

ok, concentrate on field recordings.
concentrate on drone ambient.
There is nothing to concentrate on.
You are supposed to feel the textures, not fucking analyze the melody.

But you can listen to music for background noise or for focused enjoyment, it's not a binary situation

I'm gonna elevate YOU!
*teleports behind you and throws you into the air*
Heh...that was too easy.

>being this autistic

I like ambient music during the day for reading. Something like Philip Glass can add new levels of emotion to a story, too.

Hey, do whatever you want. You will lose great details in both, but music has the privilege that you will hear 1000 times.

>There is nothing to concentrate on.
>You are supposed to feel the textures, not fucking analyze the melody.
that made me feel sad... it seems that you will never hear the "message" in Beethoven's compositions. It's ok, other of the good things about music is that you can feel it.

Is there actually a secret to classical music besides it sounding alright or are you playing holier than thou with me?

I'm laughing very much at this autistic as fuck thread. Thanks everybody.

People dedicate years of their life to the study of classical music. That alone should tell you there's more to it than "sounding alright"

That's a fucking terrible argument

People dedicate years of their life to all manner of nonsense. You can get a masters degree in sports science.

>using beethoven as example
>literally something I did not mentioned, no drone there, very hard to search for textures
OK, bring me non-textural "message" of these albums:
youtube.com/watch?v=vFXF9qnlYR4&list=PLKtI6DyKnYmOvFUDwk9Mm3-ly_uN27qje
youtube.com/watch?v=sflQe6ih3tg
youtube.com/watch?v=xL3MBMim36E
Maybe be more open-minded to music and realized that not everything is full fledged fucking baroque and romanticism.
Also
>studying music by listening to it
its like you have no musical imagination and listen to some fake reendition of the original sheet
It's like considering studying theatre and only watching the plays.
you always need little bit of autism now and then when you are ranting with acutal autists

>Biosphere
My man. Everyone should check out Shenzou, that's his best imo. Entire album made from Debussy samples

youtube.com/watch?v=e9zA68z9zMo

>dedicating yourself to a field where any pseud can claim just as much authority as anything you say

just get used to it
same goes to any other culture related field

Those are sounds, not music. Pachebel used in the ideas that those artists used in those things in 1600 to create great compositions.

Every sound can be used in music, but not every sound is music.

>non-passively
Why?

fucking essentialist scumm just get out
so tell me when does a piece of art becomes piece of art?

When the artist is a hard worker, it has an idea of what he do and knows how to use his tools.

Music is not something that requires you to mentally engage it in the same way that reading does to enjoy it. You can enjoy a piece of music even if you are not just sitting and doing nothing but listening, but it is impossible to enjoy a book if you are not reading all the words. So it actually makes sense to combine the two, because you can still read every word of a book with music playing, and in many cases, as I already said, the music enhances the reading experience.

>composing field recordings
>making them into textural works of art
Don't say to me that Biosphere is sounds

I didn't say it isn't art. I said that it isn't music, just sound.

The only insult is how we still allow autists to roam this board and post like you.

How do you define music? And at which point does a combination of sounds become music?

I was joking around