Nobel prize for mathematics

Why is there no nobel prize for mathematics? I mean, there is a nobel prize for economic sciences … which barely qualify as "science" imho.

I heard some anecdote about Nobel's wife cheating with some mathematician. But somehow, this does not sound serious.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fields_Medal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fields_Medal

I'd argue the Abel prize is closer to being a Nobel prize for maths. The reason there is no Nobel prize for maths is because Nobel did not think it helped humanity, at least not directly.

Alfred Nobel was cucked by a mathematician.

The fields medal is hardly a nobel prize. The money you get is peanuts, compared to the funding you get for a nobel prize.

But he had the opinion that economic sciences do? That seems strange, even most capitalists do not believe this.

the prize in economics was added many years later

This.

Who added it?

the central bank of sweden. it was first given in 1969.

Urban myth.

>there is a nobel prize for economic sciences

it's a fake nobel prize, the swedish central bank simply stole his name and created a prize "in honor of nobel" for marketing.

>central bank
>marketing
I don't think you understand what a central bank is

fact is there's nothing in Alfred Nobel's will that calls for a prize for economics, and the Swedish central bank has no relation with the Nobel foundation, they just stole his name to make themselves feel more important.

This is incorrect. The prize is financed through a donation by Sweden's central bank, where a central bank is a state's money repository, but the prize is recognized by the Nobel Foundation.

In terms of what the prize is and how often it's awarded, yes. What about in terms of the prestige of the medal?

((()))

Earning a Nobel means you did something that matters.

What about Barack Obama?

Central banks are an organ of the state, not a bank where you create a savings account.

Obviously faggot

What about him?

It didn't seem like it was obvious given the post's implication seemed to conflate the two.

The "nobel peace prize" is subjective, it doesn't count. Its the yearly participation award.

He won a Nobel Prize.

For mathematicians I'd say it's pretty noteworthy.

He didn't win the Nobel in any science related field. Why is that relative to the conversation on this board?

The central banks are way jewier than your local credit union