Solar Eclipse Viewing

Yo Veeky Forums, tell us how you are going to view the 2017 August 21 total solar eclipse.

directly, through a telescope

only way right here

OP viewed the 2012 transit of Venus using a small mirror that he taped all up except a small square area about 0.5cm on a side. He reflected sunlight onto the side of his house, and was able to watch a little black dot walk across the sun. In effect I made a huge camera obscura.

I ain't gonna be around a building this year, so I need a different method.

Please share how you are going to view the eclipse, from shoe boxes to state-of-the-art telescopes.

sunglasses

driving to wyoming

Online :(

through the eye of horus

going to get a shade 14 welding goggle and look at the sun.

My aunt lives in Idaho, I'm going there

moving to central Missouri to go to grad school two weeks before it happens. gonna experience it firsthand.

Driving up the coast to Salem, Oregon.

Berserk is a really cool manga/anime.

While sacrificing my best friends to eldritch demons

>Live in Saint Louis
>buy 5 dollar Solar Eclipse glasses on Amazon
>lawn chair and can of bud light
>kek

Using a telescope to project the solar disk onto a screen while the eclipse is partial, directly during the two minutes of totality we're getting.

Protip: if there are some leafy trees near you, watch below every little gap in the leaves acts as a pinhole camera and projects the crescent sun onto the ground during the partial phase.

What happened to people in the past who viewed eclipses without protective glasses? Wouldn't it have affected thousands or even millions?

I live in Independence, OR. I'm going to look up.

Online since it wont cross "das Reich"

>get shot
>die

>2017 August 21
You mean August 21st, 2017?
Anyway, I've got a hotel booked in St. Joseph, and I just ordered some eclipse glasses. Gonna be rad