Raymond Federman
Joseph Mcelroy
Joshua Cohen
Adam Levin
William H Gass
William T Vollmann
William Gaddis

EXPLAIN YOURS3LVES. DO YOU EVEN READ

I've read a few of those fellas. Wasn't impressed. A highly cowardly lot.

>tfw I'll never get to see a girl that cute get blacked

Why live

Also OP, I've read them all

I've read a few of those fellas. Enjoy the William trio. Not a fan of Cohen or Barthelme. Interested in McElroy though have not gotten around to reading him.

>north-american "authors"

>Joshua Cohen
................................................. user, plz

Honestly you niggers should give him a chance. At least Witz. It's right up everyone's alley. Could be included in any meme trio collection bullshit you idiots do.

i don't read trash

american "literature" is a joke and is already forgotten. it has no relevance to the literary canon.

Been reading other stuff instead. Plan to get around to a few of those. Friendly reminder that reading isn't a competition :)

YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW

I did. It tries for Joyce and ends up at "not even DFW", sorry.

lmao btfo

>Vollman

I've read Vollman and Gaddis.
Long winded fuckers.
I'm on a 19th century Russians kick right now and am enjoying it inmensely. Probably not going to bother with American pomos again for a while

>Unitedstatian """literature"""

You mean white American men? Wow such diversity bro

Not a fan of post-modernism. A bit of Pynchon and a bit of DFW is fine, but I just don't have the energy to go through another confusing doorstopper again.

Gass, Gaddis, and maybe Memelroy are the only ones worth looking at. The rest are bargain bin postmodernists at best.

lmao leaving out donald barthelme

is this bait?

this t b h
i've tried reading american lit but have been unable to get through a single book from ANY author besides Steinbeck. None of them can hold a tiny candle against Euro, Asian, or south American authors aka everyone else.

I guess it's because I'm not american. American lit for americaners.

Not even Faulkner or McCarthy?

McCarthy was 2edgy4me "the world sucks and it's all an empty hell"

I have not seriously tried reading Faulkner yet. I will try him, though.

>"the world sucks and it's all an empty hell"
But that's not all, there's beauty in it if you look closer

moshi moshi bait desu

I know. As such I want to read books that inspire me, that show me the beauty of the world

Not books that show me how shitty it is. And this is 80%+ of american lit

>not knowing that the second greatest book of all time was written by a us citizen.

Who?

Gonna guess Melville