Religious writers > atheist writers

Religious writers > atheist writers

Only if you don't include Protestants

Almost all the classics were written by religious folk.

And almost none by Protestants

Almost all of the great writers were against the church despite being religious or not

Pence is kinda based yanno

>catholicism's high conversion rate amongst classic modern writers
if your complaint is they're not good catholics, i feel you should be made aware no such thing exists.

Makes sense; they have good imagination.

I said nothing about being "good" I am simply talking about most intelligent writers were aware of the hypocrisy and corruption religious organizations present.

which is why they tend to catholicism despite or because of its apparent hypocrisy and its corruption being most human. seriously have you not read wilde's de profundis? it's a pretty good opener to the season, and by the time you get to kerouac cheering on the mccarthy hearings while smoking dope and painting pictures of the pope a half century later, you won't even think it's hypocrisy if you study catholicism alongside.

yeah most writers don't have good imagination

He is ashamed of his vivid imagination?

>Being the most human

You are deluded my man. There are countless transgessions against Jesus's do unto others motto. The Catholic Church in particular has been capable of unimaginable levels of torture and inhumanity.

Nietzsche was an atheist

I want religious ideologues to leave

Nietzsche was not an atheist, since any atheist is a nihilist, an since he doesn't believe in things superseding materialism/science. You selfinvolved snobbuffoonspecies.

Could a Stirnerian egoist be a decent writer? How could he who values nothing but himself have anything meaningful to say about the human experience?

> There are countless transgessions against Jesus's do unto others motto.
Christ never said to 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you'. That's a cuckold motto, not the Christian motto.

Seriously, read the original source material before posting your mongoloid drivel.

everyone else > mike pence

Nietzsche wasn't an atheist. Read his shit; he has more gods than a Hindu. As for wanting "religious ideologues" to leave, I'm sorry that the behaviour of authors in modern canon bothers you enough to break you brain. I guess it's magazines and tv from here on out for you.
Plato's the first source for that motto, and humans are by nature human Unless you're Mormon or something, believing we will all be godly and not act like humans is a bit odd. Not that being Mormon isn't odd.

Ironically, Christ's commandment is even more generous and self-effacing. "Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you."

>any atheist is a nihilist
Not true

Is this satire?

It's in both Matthew and Luke you troll

Atheism = a- (meaning without) -theism (meaning belief in god)

Nietzsche was an atheist.

>Nietzsche wasn't an atheist. Read his shit; he has more gods than a Hindu.
Nietzsche wasn't religious, cuck.
>As for wanting "religious ideologues" to leave, I'm sorry that the behaviour of authors in modern canon bothers you enough to break you brain. I guess it's magazines and tv from here on out for you.
>Veeky Forums shitposters
>the modern canon

He was a philologist who declared the last god to die would be grammar, so I doubt he was atheist. The madness letters are still pretty on form for him to know god in his own definition.
>user completely forgot I he was responding to a post about wilde and kerouac
>either that or he thinks I'm wilde and kerouac
I don't like Kerouac but I don't believe you've the authority to kick him out of canon, user.

>Its ok to be a murderous prick because it's "human"

You can be forgiven for many things. Yet there is a moral line that has been crossed many many times by catholic leaders and no matter how many times they have confessed, they are burning in hell if the things they day are really true.

This is true of all religions, personal spirituality and empathy are divine, but mass organization and zealotry leads to suffering.