Books to deal with the fear of death?

Books to deal with the fear of death?
Why aren't you continiously terrified of having your entire self erased forever in mere 40-60 years?

Literally the most comforting thing in life is knowing that someday I'll be gone forever. Eternal life is more terrifying.

Aren't you exited to see what comes after death?

Also, being forgotten forever is a comfy feeling

>continiously terrified of having your entire self erased
What makes you so great? You probably deserve it anyway

Schopenhauers essays.

I don't care. What I'M fucking terrified is the slow descent into infirmity, while being taunted by the young. Prettier. More talented. Better in every way, fulfilling the dreams I used to have with what seems like no effort at all. All while my own dreams and perceived talents get harder and harder to grasp. Desperately promising yourself that it'll be okay, you're just biding your time. You're honing your craft on the couch in the 2 hours a night before you go to bed. It's already happening. I'm only 26. It's already happening. Oh god. Someone kill me.

Honestly this

Pretty superficial desu. It'll be worse for you if you achieve your dreams and realise they don't mean shit.

Keep telling yourself that everything happens for a reason. Also be kind to people. And you should have nothing to worry about.

Your looks and talents shouldn't dictate your worth. You will always be important as long as you have a family that loves you. If you don't have that I'm sorry.

>and realise they don't mean shit.
I don't give as shit about that. My dreams are completely selfish. My dream is basically having a job I love for 60 years. That just so happens to involve me making money, and being famous enough to work for myself and do whatever I want. Basically, I want to be Andy Warhol. Well, that and I want to make people happy with my art I don't give a shit what happens when I'm dead. I hope humanity nukes itself from orbit about 6 months after I die. Now THAT'S the dream.

Tibetan Book of the dead

The only reason I'd not want to die soon would be the knowledge that I'd live forever.

the fault in our stars

I disagree. I have that. Literally, a great family, but I hate my talent and Lois. It's all I think about.

but to die is to liberate oneself op

>mere 40-60 years
Which god granted you 40-60 years, lad?

>I want to be Andy Warhol.
Warhol was successful SOLELY due to the fact that he surrounded himself with people who were genuinely more creative and interesting than he was. Depending on your attitude, that should be either reassuring or a total nightmare for you.

The Holy Bible
The Koran
God

Wanting what you don't (or can't) have is the crux of the human condition

>he surrounded himself with people who were genuinely more creative and interesting than he was.
I don't mind, as long as I can be proud of my work. Being the best isn't a requirement, I just want to be happy.

People can compartmentalize it.
A belief in the afterlife is a way of dealing with it. You tell yourself the soul is immortal and you'll be happy in heaven or whatever, but I believe that intrinsically every human being is afraid of death, some are just more unable to deny this fear.

>I just want to be happy
to be happy is not wanting to be happy.

Denial of Death lol

Which is the fulfillment of certain requirements, like, having enough money, self actualization, healthy social relationships, etc. etc. When you have what you need, then you can stop wanting to be happy. I'm already a stoic. I don't need a lot. Hell, sometimes I get excited about the fact that I have enough blankets in winter. But 800 bucks a month is not enough money to be financially stable and I am at a point in my life where I can just do art all the time. Or even any art at all. I haven't made anything I was proud of for a long time.

>to be happy is not wanting to be happy.
is only half of the equation.

You're wrong. I've even seen people posting about how ready they are FOR death. Think about that for a little bit and you'll realize what little death actually means to some people. Absolutely nothing for someone whose spirit is grounded in God.

You have nothing to fear except fear itself

Are you horrible or miserable?