How do we stop this man?

I'm 100% serious.
This guy is getting out of hand; he's going to take over the world.

This tunnel thing was supposed to be a meme.

Other urls found in this thread:

rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/papers/2008/P4874.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=fM-hXbgybxk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underground_rocket
youtube.com/watch?v=Il8w-Fz31Hk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does his boring technology have any improvement over any other traditional tunneling machine?

Remember when SpaceX was declaring Elon Musk has nothing to do with Hyperloop?

It's all part of the plan.

Read this and compare it to Cucsk's 'Hyperloop Whitepaper' (protip: it's plagiarism at best):

rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/papers/2008/P4874.pdf

Thus we don't know. He claims an improvement to the order of 1000 magnitude can be achieved. How? I would bet my money on nuclear TBMs.

His enthusiasm means nothing. He pretty much announced that Falcon Heavy will blow up on the first launch.

He's trying to curb expectations to reduce internet backlash if it actually does fail

But he also admitted he was naive to think you can just strap two side boosters to easily increase lift capability.

So? If that failure will give them the experimental data needed to improve on the design it's a necessary risk. In engineering there is one thing called wicked problems, which are problems that cannot be solved unless they are precisely defined but cannot be precisely defined until they are solved.
I remember a bridge that was like that, they didn't know they had to take into account some vibrations, so they build the bridge and it crashed. Then they built it right.
Simulations can only take you so far, sometimes you need that trial by fire to give a design the finishing touches. If the falcon heavy blows up but it serves to build an improved version that won't blow up, props to him for having the balls to go with it.

translation: he knew it wouldn't be as simple as strapping three cores together, but underestimated the difficulty of simulating those conditions

Brainlet here, how can they bore a tunnel that long in just 29 minutes?

"an idiot who accepts that he is an idiot is admirable"

They tunnel it first, then elon comes in and build the hyperloop. He was talking about going from NY-DC in 29 mins using hyperloop

If you watched the speech, that was said tonguing cheek

He was pretty bummed out about it

Who knows, you'd think that business failure after failure his investors would drop him by now.

Which failures are these?

Red Dragon

That's not a business, and you mentioned multiple...?

>That's not a business
yes it is
customers could have paid for cargo to the surface of mars for a relatively cheap $180 million

No, the business is space x. Stop being a fucking idiot.

Please direct me toward some of these failures businesses?

Is english not your first language?

SpaceX is a business venture.

DUDE
HYPERLOOPS
AND
SHEEEEIT
MARS
LMAO

Still waiting for these business failures you mentioned

>you mentioned
I'm not the user you originally replied to, moron.

I want to live in a world ruled by Elon Musk, I would gladly take the technopill.

So why are you responding to me at all?

because you're retarded and wrong

No idea why either of those guys felt the need to defend my statement but I was talking about his business ventures into things like Tesla, Solar Cities, etc.

If you have a spare 15 mins or so you may be interested in this video which goes into some of the details of what I was talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=fM-hXbgybxk

>being this retarded

Except I'm not because a company is also known as a business, so, you are wrong.

How fucking stupid are you? You're literally playing semantics and you're also incorrect.

Stop being retarded.
Shifting the goalposts like an utter moron; and you're also wrong.

As other user originally said (if you knew how to read properly) "business" in this case refers to providing a service for pay; it doesn't refer to companies or business ventures or whatever the fuck you're talking about.

That video is made by a teenage Australian kid who has no idea about the realities of actually running a business. Missing deliver targets (stated a year or two years prior) by 20% is really insignificant at this stage of the business.

No goal posts have not shifted. He literally said failed business failure after business failure.

You named Red Dragon. Which is a very small slice of a larger pie, that is space x. Space x is proving to be very successful and will very quickly turn profit for its investors. They don't give dick about your precious red Dragon.

Investors really take a much wider view than you clearly understand. But, I'm posting on sci, a board full of people like yourself that cannot grasp simple commerce.

Perhaps his businesses are "failure" in the sense they need constant government subsidies to operate.

I don't know why investors or clients would give a fuck about that though.

We create a quick rundown of the flaws of hyperloop in order of relevance and bulletpoint format and spread it around.

He reduced the diameter of the boring head, and streamlined the tunnel wall application process. There was an interview with him about it.

is this the same as the reduction of orbital launch costs to the factor of 10 bullshit?

of course he would be
it would have been spectacular if it had worked how he wanted it

Actually, 100m/min was achieved half a century ago

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underground_rocket

Capitalism, gone bonkers.

>inb4 tunnel collapses

>Elon Musk: who thought engineering underground tunnels could be this hard
>claps and cheers an whistling

100m/min is walking speed

>Wants to make fast transit so the us can catch up and get rid of its horribly outdated rail system
>You want to stop him
The human race ladies and gentlemen.

When was the last time a subway tunnel collapsed?

Take away his subsidies and he'll vanish into thin air along with his hairline.

>con artist
>falls for his confidence tricks

Yeah that's how it works.

I love when autism shows itself so obviously on Veeky Forums.

2008 ....in china

Trump $ funded $ That Musk's shitty idea.

>outdated rail system
go fuck yourself, being able to catch a train and travel the entire country in it is a privilege

You dont get a (You)
Work harder on your shitposts next time

fucking moron
digging tunnels at walking speed is a pretty huge deal

the thread is talking about travelling from NY to DC in 29min and not digging that tunnel in 29min

The thread is also about digging the tunnels fast since it's one of the claims of the boring company

Elon is not unstoppable, as this video proves.

youtube.com/watch?v=Il8w-Fz31Hk

He's a scam artist preying on the public. People are starving for be advancements in space and technology they can get excited about and Musk is selling snake oil.

His space program is not delivering viable vehicles at nearly the price point he promised and probably never will if they ever get it off the ground at all.

Hyperloop is retarded and extremely expensive with low utility/cost.

He will keep taking American tax money and failing to preform because that's how crony capitalism works.

That is total and complete nonsense. Government approvals do not work that way.

>Government approvals do not work that way.
I know right? He is dealing with multiple state transportation authorities and crossing tens of thousands of private property lines. There is literally no central government official with the authority to verbally authorize any such project.

As with anything else, yes; the estimate is based on eliminating inefficiency of moment so that the operation doesn't slow down or stop for different steps in the process.

What a big league chew piece of shit. The Hyperloop bill never happen, even approval at the federal level is meaningless, you have to go through 3 STATES with their own infrastructure laws and get around years worth of red tape. Even if all that is done there is no successful business model for the hyperloop.

Musk is so wrapped up in doing "cool tech stuff" that he ends up now realizing the importance of business savy. Tesla is going to get gangbanged by 2020.

Let them
They're creating potential infrastructure for underground trains either way, after the hyperloop goes belly up they can use it for normal trains and maybe add more stations on the way for some pretty fast back-and-forth trains, maybe adapt ti to be two-tracks? who knows

Why do you call it boring? I think digging tunnels that fast is really interesting

1) A vacuum is an incredibly unstable state to be in while inside an atmosphere. Any break in the vacuum will cause air to essentially BTFO all the passengers and everything in the tube.

>verbally authorize

hue hue

Magnets.

>having efficiency XX in your shovel/pickaxe

1A) Even if the tunnel has sufficient tightness it's still easy as fuck to do devastating terrorist attack on it.