This is the best best book ever written

This is the best best book ever written.
No writer before Houellebecq described the human mind that accurately.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m8tmCQUURiY
imdb.com/title/tt3800012/
youtu.be/greF9wLQeBI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Funny to catch this thread now, I watched the movie just last night.

It's a straight shoot in the feels, though. Be advised.

>the movie

lel pleb

bland. pleb detected

Working as a software developer about the same age as the narrator, havent lost my marbles yet though. This is a good one too

great book

It's a pretty good description of what being fucking a while male in the contemporary world is like.

Stop drinking now and go to sleep, user.

I thought the elementary particles was a class apart. That entire section in the school had me crying of laughter in public.

Whatever, elementary particles, and my twisted world are the perfect r9k reading list.

Fuck lit and its desire to stick its head in the sand and pretend women don't live lives on easy mode and fuck tonnes of Chads ton tinder everyday while 80 % of males get almost no sex

I'm five days sober to be honest.

>tfw Taipei is the 21st century's Journey to the End of the Night

Is there a good translation? Or should I try to read it in French?

nod an argument

That is the only English translation and it's pretty darn good. Hollaback Girl isn't a man of flowery prose his style is rather plain which translates well.

Read Platform for sleazy amounts of the sex.
It's pretty much elementary particles 2, sexy bugaloo.

I love Houellebecq but this is really his worst

try Kant, bitch

Elementary particles is wayyyyyy better.

>"Whatever"
Really? That's the English title? Holy shit even the German translation got that better, with "Expansion of the Combat Zone".

Erzürnter Michel *g*

Mach den Kopp zu, Junge.

Saug dem Nächstbestem Hassan den Schwanz (;

>Fuck lit and its desire to..
Fuck all the evidence, my small bubble of robots circlejerk is the truth, the truth I tell you!

Do you really think Houllebecq has ever suggested that? The point is that everyone loses and is unhappy when sexuality is commodified.

Shut up Tao

It's a great book. It reminds me of Bill Hicks's comedy in that it doesn't really give a fuck about the reader being happy or entertained. It's just pure expression.

His problem is that it doesn't change anything if sex is stratified and categorized.

Sex has always been tied to personality, wealth and social status.

>This is the best best book ever written.

I resent you and your obvious youth. Lucky young moron.

>section in the school

Remind me what happened please? I just remember Bruno jerking off on the train.

The funniest part for me is when Bruno writes the racist manifesto all night and has a hard-on the entire time.

Saddest part is Michel's childhood sweetheart getting cancer and him burying her in a garden or something.

How could you go from THIS

Once you lose your virginity (it will happen user, i believe in you) you will realize sex is boring and overrated. Getting laid isn't really that hard, but it's still not worth the effort.

>babby's first existential novel

Read more books.

to THIS?

The fact is the desire for sexual intercourse is perhaps the most strident, ineradicable urges there is. People can easily get over the need for social status, even hunger can be ignored over time. But the erotic urge never dissipates, and as a result if causes untold misery and very little comparable joy.

Pretty sure if i dont eat i die while if i dont get laid i can still rub my willy

Nihilism, not even once.

i want to protect tsukihi-chan

to THIS?

The possibility of an island was awesome. It got me thinking of no country for old men. The idea that with every new generation new mores come and one must adapt to survive or otherwise face existential despair. In no country the idea was explored through chaos and violence, the possibility used love and sex. The whole scene of his girlfriend's 2 day party didn't really affect me the way it did the narrator but I suppose that was exactly what Houellebecq was expressing. In my view the narrator was a fool for falling in love with that girl when she was so vapid. Walking in on her getting cock slapped on the nose should have been expected. Again though, this detachment I feel is probably exactly what was being criticized. Should we feel remorse for this? I can't say that I agree. I'm not trying to be edgy and say that love doesn't exist or so what to the fact that we've diminished it, but that it had to be expected for the concept of love to change with time. It's been long due for a revision. I can't say I know where this detachment between love and sex will lead to. I'm only in my 20s. But I definitely do not have the same fear Houellebecq does

Islam invasion of your homeland

i wish i knew

fair enough

to this

youtu.be/m8tmCQUURiY

kek, what the fuck

Source behind the video pls? Why is Houellebecq dancing like he's on ecstasy while dressed in biker's gear?

imdb.com/title/tt3800012/

Hey man pretty cool that he's out there doing something new for him

Forgot to drop link youtu.be/greF9wLQeBI

''Bien entendu. C'est foutu depuis longtemps, depuis l'origine. Tu ne représenteras jamais, Raphaël, un rêve érotique de jeune fille. Il faut en prendre ton parti ; de telles choses ne sont pas pour toi.
De toute façon, il est déjà trop tard. L'insuccès sexuel, Raphaël, que tu as connu depuis ton adolescence, la frustration qui te poursuit depuis l'âge de treize ans laisseront en toi une trace ineffaçable.
À supposer même que tu puisses dorénavant avoir des femmes - ce que, très franchement, je ne crois pas - cela ne suffira pas ; plus rien ne suffira jamais. Tu resteras toujours orphelin de ces amours adolescentes que tu n'as pas connues.
En toi, la blessure est déjà douloureuse ; elle le deviendra de plus en plus. Une amertume atroce, sans rémission, finira par emplir ton coeur. Il n'y aura pour toi ni rédemption, ni délivrance. C'est ainsi.''

Haha, thanks. Houellebecq seems like a really cool dude.

One of my few 5/5/ on shitreads.org

I'm French and even here most people don't get him. Media sell him as some kind of reactionary while he comes from a communist background.

And seeing the titles picked by translators it's clear he's not understood abroad either.

>I'm French

not entirely true
It is absolutely possible to dissipate it and re-route it into other endavours. (like Buddhist monks do)

The problem is - it's dehumanizing to do so.

Few people have the kind of willpower necessary to become a monk or a priest. Even among them, many ultimately fold, sometimes doing horrible things.

>look up original title
>"Extension du domaine de la lutte"

wtf, they didn't even try to give it a similar title

>csq j'aime pas les robots mais je sens triste quand je lis cette passage

They could at least have tried to keep the Marxist reference.

Eliott i thought you were dead

Neckbearded Veeky Forumsfags enjoy Houellbecq because he confirms their isolation-distorted worldviews

You've never read him have you? He merely depicts people in an unfavorable light. We all have this ugly side to us. Why pretend like we're some noble Snowflake? Also all his characters tend to be hopeless romantics that simply confuse sex with love

Nice attempt at separating yourself from the isolation-distorted worldviews but we both know you're one of us.