What are some classic short books? 200~ pages tops

What are some classic short books? 200~ pages tops.

Old Man and the Sea

short books are called Novellas btw

I think 225 pages is a novel. 90 pages to 185 is a novella. I don't know what to call the dead space in between. Maybe kill yourself faggot

Wasn't meaning to be a dick. My teachers always pushed this on me and now I can't stand people not make the desticnction. Sorry I guess.

Reading The Sun Also Rises atm and it's p. based so far

I'm kinda alright with there being that dead space where something isn't a novella but isn't a novel, just cuz intuitively those numbers you gave do seem pretty accurate

*destinction

You really like TSAR? It seems like a book version of a boring soap opra especially if you don't care at all about the specific routes the characters take and the names of roads, places or cafés they go to.

You need to chill, cunt.

Sorrows of Young Werther is pretty good

The Bridge of San Luis Rey
Hadji Murat
Billy Budd
A Hero of Our Time

Anything Beckett.
Metamorphosis
Story of the Eye
Candide
The Fall
To The Lighthouse
Heart of Darkness

Hasn't anybody made a website where you can enter your last 5 books read an get a list of related books as recommendations. It'd stop so much of this shit.

The people who make these threads haven't read five books in their lives

yeah screw discussion

To the lighthouse is closer to 300 pages than 200...mrs dalloway on the other hand is around 180-190

WHat about 'give me books' leads to actual discussion?

>tfw when you dream of making a last.fm type recommendation website but for books
>have neither the ability to make a website nor a vast web of peer-to-peer literary reviews

Le Price

>user says "give me books"
>helpful anons post books
>other anons see books they already read and comment
>op, ideally, reads posted books and is more useful to the board in future threads

Maybe people should see these threads not anymore as just dumping 5 book names and leaving but replying to suggestions of books they have actually read and say why this would be a good choide or not. But what do I know.

My copy has about 160-170 pages.

>give me books, i've read X
>have you read Y yet? his work is similar
>i've read some of Y, i really liked his first novel
>in that case, try giving his most recent work a shot. Z provided a lot of influence

etc
etc
etc

have you ever talked to a real person that has similar interests to you? more specifically, a person that doesn't require a captcha to reply to?

Yeah, but I wonder how much of that enjoyment is just being able to enjoy that period vicariously rather than any appreciation of the book's merits. Very early on, but I quite like most of the dialogue.

And still, none of that is meaningful discussion. It's the equivalent of a facebook post.

You can quite easily go to google and find a list of novellas. There's just no point of it being here.

So instead of finding relevant juicy things to discuss, we lower ourselves to giving little book reviews for someone who is too lazy to actually look for themselves?

It's not like this person gave any real information about what they were looking for. Absolutely nothing to form a decent conversation.

Yes.

>Absolutely nothing to form a decent conversation.
I'm guessing they were bored, probably lonely, and just wanted to start a thread for the sake of starting a thread.

It'd be great. Especially if you could do some fairly advanced searching.

The catching of the Rye is really good desu

distinction**

Strange Case of Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde

The Time Machine

>Franny and Zooey
>The Sorrows of Young Werther
>Demian/Siddhartha/Steppenwolf
>Skylark
>Notes from Underground
>Dubliners
>Heart of Darkness
>Slaughterhouse 5
>Between the Acts
>Things Fall Apart
>As I Lay Dying
>The Door

8/10 list. A bit too high school Veeky Forums but that's the best you can expect given the specifications.

The Great Gatsby
Train Dreams
Steps
The Trial

Seconded

These too.

>Call of the Wild
Shit, that's the first book I ever read. Brings me back to being just a tot.

like half of these are more than 200 words

Literally autism

If you like El Pato Donald DeLallio, I recently read Point Omega and it was okay. The Body Artist by him, too. I heard that one on the other hand was okay.

made me laugh.

Also to OP, The Lives of Animals is pree good for academic reading.

Solaris is only 204 pages if I remember correctly. I really enjoyed that book and I'd say it's worth reading, especially if you enjoy science fiction, math, or psychology.

fuck i tried man
im trying so hard to like goethe but its so boring dear lord

This, also The Bell Jar, kind of.

The Bible if the pages are really big

my favourites that spring to mind:
Heart of Darkness
Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
The Double