Veeky Forums confessions thread

Veeky Forums confessions thread.

Only got into Veeky Forums about a year ago and when i first came here I thought Nietzsche was the german word for Nazi.

I tell people that Lord of the rings is my favorite book even though I never read it

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/channels/277205493410299914/277205493410299914\
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw i share a board with these philistines

I think viewing novels as anything other than entertainment is faggy.

Most of books are boring fuck

My Twisted World is the best post 2000 book and one of the best ever

Women have lives on easy mode

Dostoevsky has zero worthwhile things to say but notes from the underground was really great. His longer stuff is boring turgid shit

I would rather give my money to Amazon or charity stores than the type of people who work at publishing companies

Reading Shakespeare is pretentious pseudointellectual faggotry. Plays are meant to be watched. Not gobbled up as quickly as possible to get that"I read Shakespeare" pseud cred

If a kid's only exposure to books is school then he is right to hate books and would be faggy otherwise

Motherfucking reeee. Give yourself a nice big self high five cuz u triggered the fuck outta me.

The sole reason I got into reading was this: aged fifteen my friend linked me to an MBTI test, which came back saying I was an INFP. He thought it was just a giggle, and couldn't possibly have known the effect it would have on the next few years of my life, but after I got that result, I became obsessed. I saw INFP-ness in everything I did. I was emotional; that was an INFP thing. I liked x or y band; holy shit their lead singer is an INFP.

Soon, doubts started to creep in. I wondered if I was really a true INFP. I'd read somewhere that INFPs used introverted feeling over extroverted feeling, but I was always very aware of group dynamics. This was a glaring error in the system, which if I was to remain INFP, I could not simply abide. So I suppressed my natural social intelligence; I deliberately misinterpreted social signals; I willed myself into a state of complete autism, all in order to be closer to the ideal INFP. I similarly made sure to construct all my arguments in the most illogical, retarded way possible because I'd read online that INFPs do this too. It became my single goal in life, and I felt that if anything came about that could threaten it, such as the INTPish behaviors which I felt myself becoming prone to as puberty loosened its grip on my emotions, I risked my sense of self dissolving and I chanced being left a husk.

I read online that INFPs were often writers, and soon compiled a list of all the INFP writers listed on celebritytypes.com, from Albert Camus and Soren Kierkegaard, to Tolstoy and Woolf.

That, I'm ashamed to say, is the sole reason I began reading: in order to be more INFP.

I never had a gf in high school, not out of shyness or anything like that, but because I'd read about Kierkegaard (my INFP idol) and Regine Olsen, and decided this was the ideal relationship.

Was it autism? Or was it something more? Was it that the unreal experience of psychic unity provided by having your every action dictated by a new age psychometric test is indeed the most intoxicating and addictive thing a scrambled, fragmented and confused subject can have, and that I feared the dissolution of that unity as a junkie fears the fading of the heroin high?

That's for you to decide, Veeky Forums. Personally I think it was autism

I don't enjoy reading as I did years ago but it's such a big part of my identity that I can't stop forcing myself to read. I rather talk about what I've read instead of reading it.

omg I hate faggots

I don't know how to read

anime and fantasy is an unhealthy escape from the real world

the age of decadence in first world america has me feeling out of place because people centralize their lives around being relatively socially normal

i hate working minimum wage and would much rather have a job where i could die any moment because i never feel alive, which is something i already tried in the military but now im just a drunk

i actually hate reading if you want me to be frank, i believe a good author is a man well traveled who has explored roads in life where few dare to venture

most of my darker writing is hated or criticized by kids on this board so i seldom post the dark stuff and just the exploding goat poems to poke fun at the 'deep and sensitive' types

most of that writing is based off sensory perception because of how inept i am at identifying meaning through walls of text, i suppose this is why my writing has absolutely shit grammar but is ripe with substance and draws in a general audience

videogames made society retarded, and made me partially retarded because it was a thing that specifically catered to my ADHD

because im introverted, all of my third person writing is just garbage and i struggle to write anything that doesn't read like a movie script or is not in the context of a first person narrative

i prefer a typewriter over a keyboard because the 'tak' sound brings me some sort of entertainment and makes writing feel more genuine when you can crumple the fuck up drafts and toss them everywhere

i have a difficult time functioning sober and i've already been to rehab in my early adult life

due to shitty life experiences and dealing with some very bad characters, i believe having the capacity to use violence is a necessary requirement to survive in america

i often regret not buying a bigger van to live out of

>shakespeare is shit

its supposed to be a meme book, user. if you dont get it, read rosencrantz and guildenstein are dead, maybe then you will get it.

If this isn't pasta, great post

Kill yourselves you wastes of neetbux

There is dried cum in my copy of Blood Meridian

The reason I read is because I hate everyone.

I hate every single person, even my closest friends. I absolutely can't bear the thought that anyone is better than me, even slightly. Thus I dove into literature, as a way to feel proud of who I am, not to show off. I enjoy showing ignorants how much more knowledge I have than then, but I prefer to keep it to myself.

My objective is to learn five different languages. I want to be able to see a literature discussion and proudly say that I read all the books being discussed.

That doesn't mean I can't enjoy company or discussion. I do, yet I always feel superior even when the other person knows a lot more than me.

This pride is killing me slowly

Infinite Jest is good

theres just something about fucking a dickgirl in the ass that i find appealing

it's like the ultimate testament of asserting alpha male dominance

fucking a dickgirl

in the ass

In case you haven't done it, read Notes from the Underground, your self-description reminds me of such book.

My favorite books are 1984 and Flowers for Algernon.

I have tried and failed to read Ulysses four times but I still understand why it is considered the best English language book of all time.

I came close to reaching enlightenment once, and ever since I've been trying to reach it again. Now I'm just reading philosophy trying in vain to get somewhere you can't reach that way.

i started reading again to teach a cute 12-year-old girl english

Not too subtle about being a pedo, huh

>12
>pedo

I don't see how that makes it any better that you like underage girls

>when i first came here I thought Nietzsche was the german word for Nazi.

This is so hilariously pleb it's actually kind of endearing.

Why do you think I do?

Are you saying you don't, because you haven't yet

?
what do you mean

Being pedantic about which category of child molester you are has never helped anybody

I was once reading a book on anthropology and it had a typo saying that humans had 24 pairs of chromosomes.

I decided I could not trust anything else in the book so I ripped it up on the spot.

I'm not one, though.

Early social ostracization followed by a childhood of being sorrounded by kids being normal kids (I.E. doing stupid stuff) convinced me I was smarter than others because of my lack of interest. This was reinforced by my teachers and college lecturers always patting me on the back and trying to "connect" with me over other students. I find myself today as a college dropout reading books that Veeky Forums would deem pleb tier just to pass the time and I'm still seen as "the smart one" to people around me.

I don't even like reading that much but it's almost like there's an expectation there. I don't know if I'm smart but I think if I question it it demeans what people seem to see in me naturally.

I'm an insecure mess desu.

what the fuck do you mean boy

>I thought Nietzsche was a German word for a German word

Literally me

Yo I know how you feel. Here's what you need to do. Quit listening to Alan watts, quit smoking weed, and stop trying to think all your thoughts through to the smallest detail. If you are like I was your thoughts are really loud-if that makes sense- so it's good that you read because you need to stop being so meta and get a closer perspective of what you are doing. Enjoy what you are doing while you are doing it. Even if it's not as interesting as thinking a bunch, you need to get into things instead of zooming out and thinking from a cosmic perspective.

Enlightenment is a thought loop man. It makes no sense and if you keep learning about philosophy you will see how much tunnel vision you need to get caught in the loop. Drugs and meditation give you the feeling of figuring something out without you actually doing so. This makes you have an answer without a question that you see as the TRUTH. Absolute truth is a scam friend. It sucks feeling like something so meaningful to you was just bullshit, but you don't want to chase after that man.

Knowledge is power, digits are vanity

Seriously fuck people though. I checked my Facebook stream today, saw nothing but autist complaining about politics. So I've been scrubbing the ranchor from my mind by meticulously reading The Murder ins in the Rue Morgue

And those typos are what I get for phone posting

>anime and fantasy is an unhealthy escape from the real world
If anime and fantasy are not derived from reality, then where did they come from? Everything we know and think we know is either observed or from within. How do we know that anything within Fiction is fake?

I like to suck feet

If you truly hate everyone, then why do you read literature when it's made by other people?

>be lower middle class
>have to read hundreds of books, use a lot of energy to develop a good general culture
>rich fags can learn all of that through osmosis
>they will forever be ahead of me if I don't put in the necessary effort
>I am forced to read faster than is comfortable to compensate for this disadvantage
>always had an elitist attitude
>now it's worse
>at least I'm quiet so it never shows

Hopefully it'll be worth it the day I get my qt literary gf or something.

>he wants a "qt literary gf"

don't get meme'd on m8 just find one that you actually have real chemistry with.

>pseud: a memoir

Include me in the screencap pls.

Lold

I read really slow.

I frequently read out loud just because I like the sound of my own voice. I also sometimes come across people doing it IRL and think WTF before realising I admire them TBQH.

99% of the reason I come here is for the memes and sick Veeky Forums banter. I got sick of hearing about the same books all the time about 2 years ago.

About 1/4 of the threads I post in end up getting deleted because they're off-topic. It's a shame because you guys are so much discussing things that aren't literature.

it's pasta

this thread makes me sick

>actions are the same as ideas or thoughts
this is why liberalism has done to the world

Heres my confection.

I would fuck that bottom boipussy because I have been such a lonely straight virgin that I am starting to fetishize degeneracy and homosexuality because having social guilt that doesn't match with my outward want for masculinity gets me rock hard.

>people centralize their lives around being relatively socially normal
>most of my darker writing is hated or criticized
>i prefer a typewriter over a keyboard
haha silly i'm not like other boys!

>i believe a good author is a man well traveled who has explored roads in life where few dare to venture
>who is marcel proust
literally one of a million examples of people who never went anywhere or did anything and yet had beautiful, lasting things to say. So much of literature is about the internal world as much as the external one.

>my writing has absolutely shit grammar but is ripe with substance and draws in a general audience
>cringe_meme.jpg

>because im introverted, all of my third person writing is just garbage
this has nothing to do with being introverted and everything to do with a lack of perception, a crucial characteristic of all good writers

I cant read any fiction because humans are so unrelatable to me

Frankenstein's monster is the only character I have ever related too

All my friends despise the act of reading

t. INTP

One reason I read fiction because it helps me intuit people better in real life.

t. INTP

I feel like in the year-and-a-half that I've been on Veeky Forums I've already outread it. That is to say, I've read many of the books that are usually shilled, and have now worked deeper and deeper into somewhat more obscure works, and now I have no one to talk to about them. Occasionally I post a thread hoping to get someone in to talk to about books I feel Veeky Forums is less familiar with, and usually get no replies. This makes me feel like shit, and I often wonder if I should just stick to repeating the same lines about Blood Meridian and Ulysses to appease my need for someone to talk to about literature.

I miss the "I'm writer" meme.

I miss DFW-posting slightly less, but I do miss it.

My best friend works at Barnes and Noble and is a turbopleb. When I talk about literature he talks about comic books as if they are on the same intellectual level. It kind of irks me, but he's otherwise a great guy so I don't say anything.

I feel like if I had stayed with my ex from before I joined Veeky Forums I could have made her that ideal Veeky Forums girlfriend. Instead she likes Steinbeck and John Green.

I'm probably just going to off myself in a few months having wasted most of my final two years of life reading. I should have just gotten another girlfriend.

Who is this cutie.

I first came here when I was 16. I hated books back then and only started reading them because I wanted some of that smug intellectual aura that Veeky Forums has.

I just love to pretend that I'm a well read intellectual, that's basically the only reason I visit Veeky Forums.

I usually have to force myself to finish a book because I mostly lose interest halfway through.

I tell people that Herman Hesse is my favorite author even though I haven't read a single book of him.

Idk, but I'm 90% sure it's a dude.

Sucks for him to be so feminine then. Not that femininity is bad, but for a dude the lack of masculinity is pretty disheartening.
Or at least this is how I view it.

I don't read literature, like for real. I lurk /ic/ and dabble here because I like exploring 2deep4u shit.

Humans, including their failures and even death, are the apotheosis of natural selection. Thought is something you can hold in your hand; it's objective: your brain.

Diogenes, unironically, is one of the most correct people ever.

>tfw there's no such thing as an honest man.
WHOA

"The beauty of nature" is meaningless if it's not linked to an idea.

he obviously doesn't feel right being a man

You don't want to mould other people to be "perfect" archetypes dude, take it from someone who tried it with their ex boyfriend. It doesn't work and the person grows to resent you...

Not at all. Being a trap like that is fucking amazing.

What really sucks is when you're small and want a bf but you're an ugly man.

i want to make love to her/him with my penis.

I prefer short stories and novellas.

That's nothing to be ashamed of

can you guys stop saying such lewd things about me ; _ ;

>I frequently read out loud just because I like the sound of my own voice
I'm jelly. For me it's
>Read absolutely beautiful passage
>Reread it multiple times
>This deserves to be read out loud
>Read it out loud and fucking butcher it
>Consider suicide for ruining such a beautiful passage, I don't deserve this book

Well, insofar as she was already that sort of person beforehand, she just happened to read shit. So if she had read actual literature, she would have been fairly close to that ideal, I think.

Ahh ok, sorry I misinterpreted what you said. Yeah I men's if it's just giving her better reccs there'd have been nothing wrong with that. Any chance of getting her back?

To be fair it's actually easier to mold females than it is to mold males. Women usually adapt a lot more to the people they're around and like compared to men.

Was meant to quote

>he think's most rich nowadays are Victorian gentry and not nouveau riche plebs
If you ever move up the ladder you're in for a rough surprise.

She hasn't talked to me in two years.

Who is this slut

thats because most men don't understand how to adapt to people they are around.. you are not molding anyone.. people are just forced to act a certain way around you because you act based on your emotions

ie you are an autist

I'm married to her now, so it hasn't been action-free exactly.

I once went on the Veeky Forums discord and I liked it:

discordapp.com/channels/277205493410299914/277205493410299914\

I'm a young lady and I'm quite anticipatory to talk to some brooding sensible gentleman!

i have 4 books tattoos
and i didn't read 2 of these books

Both exist...there are lots of monied kardashians but go to Harvard or Oxbridge and youll see there lots of real elites left

Yeh name pls...shes got my cock doing push ups

Trap or girl? I need to know for my fantasy so i stop switching back and forth.

I'm well read and able to hold an interesting discussion.

I come to Veeky Forums only to shitpost and be contrarian.

I WOULD BREAK HIM

Thats like, all of Veeky Forums.

Except for the first sentence.

lol i'm not telling . What do you care if i'm a boy or a girl?

Well shit, now i have to masterbate.

we're real men on Veeky Forums, we like our women with small feminine penises

8ree

Thank google later

thats obviously a guy fucksticks

oldfag here, from memory it's actually a girl who likes to dress up andro for whatever dumb reason... last user was right the name is 8ree

however my memory is shit and i cbf checking this but i'm pretty sure this one isn't a trap

imagine egg girl and 8ree had a sextape.

Regardless of your sex, I want to rape you.

i actually had a thing for egg girl back in the day. she almost made me a footfag.. almost.. this picture is weird and distressing delete it immediately please

I know lad, but the real elites are still vieille richesse fags.