What's the best way to make enough hydrogen leave the sun so it can become a red dwarf faster...

What's the best way to make enough hydrogen leave the sun so it can become a red dwarf faster? I'm genuinely curious about things that would speed up the life span of the sun that would force humans to migrate to Venus or Mercury.

Other urls found in this thread:

astro.umd.edu/~ssm/ASTR100/lecture20.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_lifting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nice try satan

Well what else would make the planet colder or inhabitable that isn't the next ice age? All I can think is the Red Dwarf

bomb the yellowstone caldera with big bomb

or does that just effect us

------------------ TROLL LINE ---------------------------

it would screw over most people from NA going east to poland and balrus, the farther east from NA less would be dead but they would be radiated from what I understand

A nuke would burn off protective layers in the atmosphere increasing global warming. Yellowstone eruption would decrease global temperatures, but it'd have to happen with out a nuke.

which begs the question, how much damage has been done to the ozone and atmosphere by nuclear weapons testing?

It's ionized gas.

So some manner of large magnetic field can scoop away the gas.

though you have to make sure the plasma doesn't cool and revert gas. then the magnetic field would not be able to contain it. the gas would fall back into the sun and become plasma again.

the field would also have to be immensely stronger than the sun's own magnetism.

or you could just shoot a bunch of iron into it. iron takes more energy to fuse than it produces. which kills stars.

>Remove hydrogen
>Sped up the life of the sun

Go back to school

Well wuz'za helium unna do wid'ow dem hy'ro'chen bons?

It's literally just A level physics to learn that more massive stars burn fuel faster and die quicker. Taking hydrogen out just makes the star expand and burn slower

astro.umd.edu/~ssm/ASTR100/lecture20.pdf

So it would actually last longer before becoming a red dwarf? Also thanks for the slides

Yep, if you want the Sun to die quicker, throw it more fuel since it ups the burn rate more than the added amount of fuel to get through. Although if you threw in too much it might not evolve into a Red Dwarf

Star lifting is the best known way.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_lifting

>I'm genuinely curious about things that would speed up the life span of the sun that would force humans to migrate to Venus or Mercury.

I'm not sure what the fuck you are on about here.

I see, this sounds almost like a way we could turn the heat down on stars that get in our way in the future when we travel through space and something is in the way (as inefficient as that sounds. . . )

It's for the premise of a game I'm making. . ..

If only user. The size and mass of Stars is truly absurd we could never really affect them. 99% of the solar system is in the Sun, but stranger things have been done in Sci-Fi so go for it

Well based on this thread I think exploring space to migrate humans because the sun Red Dwarfed sounds too unreasonable, I think I'm back to humans sending a probe to nevus and accidentally causing volcanic eruptions grand enough to create a growing magnetic field that will reach earths magnetic field eventually.

We could effect the mass of a star by surrounding it with pulsating structures. The push on it would force hydrogen out of the poles.

This is sort of what someone was telling me we could do to push Ceres towards mars and create a rotational orbit on mars

my dick pulsates pretty well, can we just use that?