Zero doesn't exist

Zero doesn't exist.

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ct6BUPvE2sM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If zero did not exist, how would you have that picture of it for your post.

how many apples are in your hand?

Define appul

Something you have zero of in your hands.

numbers dont exist

as a concept zero exists

zero does actually exist, there´s even a name for it. Zero is the way of representing null/inexistent values, however, it doesn't mean zero is inexistent.

This is literally just stupid. Of course zero exists. It may not exist physically, but for that matter no number does, or any word. They are ideas. They stand for things without being made of things. The fact that there is a symbol and word for zero as well as the idea of zero, it exists.

Ask an polar bear, they now what is apples.

Of course it doesn't. It's the absence of existence, AKA it doesn't exist. We just have a symbol so we know that there is nothing, it is useful to know.

kek

You literally refer to it as It's. That means it is something you dumbass.

>what's the origin of a vector space?
>LOL IT DOESN'T EXIST
>what's the additive identity to-
>LOL IT DOESN'T EXIST
>sir you need to calm dow-
>NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER NOT A NUMBER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>call securityy

and then OP was shot and his heartbeat amplitude went to 0.

Not only does '0' exist, but its is unique. There are many "1's. There are two '1's in '2', and so on.

The empty set is also unique. aka Leibniz, and two indistinguishable things are the same.

so no amounts of zeroes generate any other number, both through multiplication or addition. wheras 1 can be added to generate all other numbers. is this what you mean by uniqueness?

>how do you like them apples
>what apples
>the apples in your hand
>look down at hands
>no apples
>look up
>guy's gone
>then who was phone

there are a shit ton of zeros in 1

Define "exist"

How many times have you had sex?

Wouldn't the absence of existence/nothing be more accurately described by the empty set, rather than a zero vector?

Yeah that's kinda the point

There are exactly zero zeros in 1.

[math]1=1[/math]
[math]1-1=0[/math]

If x does not exist then x+1 does not exist.

0 does not exist

By induction, the natural numbers do not exist.

How will math ever recover?

nothing is a thing, which exist, because it not exist...

What is "1"?
>7·0 PROPOSITION If the ordered pair (x, y) is introduced by definition rather than taken as a primitive,
the term defining 1 will have 2409875496393137472149767527877436912979508338752092897 symbols, with
871880233733949069946182804910912227472430953034182177 links.
At 80 symbols per line, 50 lines per page, 1,000 pages per book, the shorter version would occupy
more than a million books, and the longer, 6 × 1047 books. I believe that the approach customary among
set-theorists, whereby one takes the class-forming operator as a primitive symbol, and defines

Bourbaki...

0 is the absence of a number.
Nothingness is another form of existence

But you are a big zero, OP.

Veeky Forums used to only respond to really high quality bait. what happened?
oh, is it summer already?

It is a fair point to say that in a sense zero doesn't exist, in that by the very virtue of saying that it doesn't exist or represents nothing, it must be, and yet mustn't be. To say it is zero is to say it must mustn't be, which is to say that it is A and not A.

However, refuting this also encounters this problem, for to say 'zero' does not exist, is to say it 'must mustn't mustn't be', therefore the counter-argument defeats itself in the process.

Tl;dr zero must exist, for to say there are zero zeroes is self-contradictory.

>If x does not exist then x+1 does not exist.

I will denote "q" as a random abstract number that doesn't exist. So since q and q+1 does not exist, the equation "variable plus one" does not exist as well?

How many women has OP slept with?

>the equation "variable plus one"
Hwhat

numbers are a social construct therefor numbers don't exist

how many gfs you got right now?

Having nothing makes perfect sense. Having less than nothing is what's bullshit.

>what is debt

How can a debt collector take what I don't have? He must wait until I have it before it can be taken, putting its value at greater than or equal to zero.

think of it more like having your earnings garnished.
You're getting paid 5 grand a month, but you're in debt and say 500 a month is being taken to pay that debt.

zero exists just as much as other numbers

just arbitrary ways to express quantitative concepts

A={0}

First post best post!

>NEGATIVE NUMBERS DON'T EXIST
>IRRATIONAL NUMBERS? ONLY IRRATIONAL PEOPLE BELIEVE THOSE!
>I'VE NEVER SEEN A BILLION OF SOMETHING
>INFINITESIMAL, INFINITIES? MORE LIKE INFINITELY STUPID

1 doesn't exist.

Prove me wrong

>.00
that's not 1.00??? wtf is this post supposed to be mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ct6BUPvE2sM

Tell me the number of girls you had sex with

negative numbers too
complex numbers too
variables too
points and lines too
functions too
2d geometry too
oh wait, we just removed the entire syntax of math and we are back to the level of counting goods for trade.
whoops.

0 MY ZERO

Check em

Be you
Happy family, 1 sister, a dad and a mom. And you.
Your sister however is being raped by your dad for years.
One day she gets pregnant and tells your mom she did not have sex with any guy, but that your father abuses her. Mom gets the picture and kills your dad. Your sister however goes crazy when she sees her daddy covered in blood and shoots your mom. Both parents are dead now.
Tell me, how many parents do you have left after this tragedy?

Itt: people think inventing a concept makes it become reality

Zero is just as real as God

Choose one
Or is there not any one you could agree on?
That would mean Zero arguments (notice the 's' at the end of 'arguments') are prove enough to convince you completely 'zero' is at least a real thing.

Daily reminder to eschew poo in loo numbers for traditional ayan numbers.

Checkmate atheists

We'll, it HAS been to be real in some sense. Or else it wouldn't exist in the universe... that's what being real means.

You are thinking about it in your brain, and your brain is made up of chemicals. Change the chemicals and change the thoughts. Thoughts are just certain arrangements of molecules.

Therefore, the concept of God is a physical object.

Bane?

Look greek numbers are fucking shit.

Anyways, probably arabic numbers are a jewish liberal conspiracy. I bet that behind the scene it was Hillary who pushed those numbers into our schools to turn the frogs day.

Top kek, it's time for you to go back to /pol/ isn't it?

>arabic numbers
>arabic

can we let this meme die?

The numbers are Indian, Fibonacci knew this when he wrote his manual on calculations, and even the Arabs call them 'Indian numbers'.

Arabs contributed nothing to science and technology in comparison to the Persians, Indians and Greeks.

Assume 0 doesn't exist. Then since 1-1=0 1 doesn't exist either. We can thusly prove inductively that no natural numbers exist.

0=infinity

but does not 1+(-1) depend on axioms that introduce 0 ?

Define exist

Does 7 exist?

define "Zero doesn't exist. Prove me wrong."

In abstract math, zero exists. In application, by definition, it cannot exist.

>"prove me wrong"
>anticipating 0 valid counter-arguments
>thus ironically confirming 0 as a unit of measurement

Suppose there exists no element x in some arbitrary set A such that x+n=n+x=n for all n in A.
Then A is not a group by definition
Therefore the operation + has no meaning in A

Have fun with your useless collection of elements.

>shadows dont exist

if 0 doesn't real then how come 0! = 1