RYB

Why is this retarded meme still taught in schools?

Other urls found in this thread:

paletton.com/#uid=1000u0kllllaFw0g0qFqFg0w0aF
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_theory#Color_abstractions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wait, what's wrong with it?

>brown

Is there anyone left that thinks BLM isn't antiwhite

It's the primary colours for paint. The most useful (and real) primary colour spectrum is red, green, blue, forming white in the centre.

>not using Luv instead of pants-on-head retarded RGB

Redgreen and yellowblue, two of the so-called "impossible colors," can be generated brain via signal mixing even though we our eyes can't pick them up.

almost everuthing

Actually scratch Luv, it's been deprecated and largely replaced with L*a*b* now.

Still a better color model than RGB though.

I just did the yellow/blue eyecrossing exercise to see if I could see the color.

WHAT THE FUCK. HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS??

I don't think anything is wrong with it. Given these three starting colors you can physically mix any of the colors in OPs diagram.

Notice how nobody yet have given a reason as to why OPs diagram would be incorrect / impractical

Oh, didn't know about this.
Thanks user, looking into it right now

Who the fuck cares? The important thing is the concept of mixing up a few primary properties to come up with all visible colors. Once the student learns that he can mix RYB to form all the colors, he will have understood something far more important which is the conceptual basis. Then it's trivial to learn any other color space such as CMYK, RGB, Luv, Lab, HSV.

????

>saving solid-color mspaint images as jpg and not png
Good lord, is this what people are teaching their children?

Because it's useful when you are working with paint, as in an art class, where you will most likely be taught that.

Because proper colorimetry is extremely technical, and everything that is not proper colorimetry is incorrect. In fact, this thread is full of brainlets who think they are saying something smart while not knowing a thing about it. So it doesn't matter which incorrect model you are using, unless you teach them all those CIE models, transformations, response curves etc in depth. The color is a feeling, if you are teaching arts, you don't need all the math, you need the esthetic part.

for the same reason they teach that all atoms must consist of protons, neutrons and electrons - simplicity

Because no one under the age of 16 is expected to have a brain.

oh i thought you were mad about why they don't teach WHY colors are colors, like why certain compounds absorb or reflect certain wavelengths. You're mad at some picture used to teach kids how to mix colors? fucking lel

Are we talking hues of light or hues of pigment found in objects?
If it's light that's totally wrong

It's not even the primary pigment colors, those are magenta cyan and yellow.

Just save it as a higher resolution to increase detail.

The light one was taught in science class and this one was taught in art class. I don't see the problem my bitch

The color wheel for bending light is neither more real nor more useful than the one for blending pigment, and more than screwdriver is more real or is more useful than a wrench. Utillity depends on what you are trying to do.

"bending" of course should read "blending"

our eyes dont work off of ryb the wORK OFF OF RGB REEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The eye doesn't work with RGB either, it's LMS with a specific spectral response. (in normal daylight). But that's not very relevant because the color is a complex subjective feeling, not just a signal or value that can be reliably measured.

(OP)
paletton.com/#uid=1000u0kllllaFw0g0qFqFg0w0aF
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_theory#Color_abstractions

>God can't save you now

red (madder), yellow (onion) and blue (woad) were common dyes in the past

you can literally reproduce that with paint.
working with magenta yellow cyan is stupid as fuck