Daily reminder that expecting college grads to understand algebra is racist

Daily reminder that expecting college grads to understand algebra is racist.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/j9EeV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only if said college students are of African origin.

>2017
>black students still need to pass their classes in order to graduate

when will this blatant racism end?

The "civil rights" tagline exist solely to get traffic.

If the author had argued for all college majors to only take courses and subjects pertinent to their major Veeky Forums would be in full agreement while everyone else would handwave it off as some autistic sperg who didn't want to take literature art classes as a Math major.

>Black student are to stupid to pass their classes

That REALLY makes one ponder.

>If the author had argued for all college majors to only take courses and subjects pertinent to their major Veeky Forums would be in full agreemen
Except he didn't, good post retard.

>Everyone can learn everything guys!
>We can't teach these kids math no matter how hard we try

I wonder how "liberals" can keep denying reality before it hits them like a truck?

Algebra 2 is needed to graduate from high school (at least in my shit midwest state), how do they get passed that and can't get passed CC Algebra?

*too stupid

>Non STEM majors shouldn't have to take math classes.
>BUT BUT NON HUMANITIES MAJORS STILL HAVE TO TAKE HUMANITIES OR ENGLISH CLASSES

Can't pass English classes if you've never had any.

Fine with me as long as I won't need any humanities classes as a STEM major

>Except he didn't, good post retard.

Sorry to say this but you're the retard here. You need to read between the lines to get at the core of the issue that's being questioned here.

archive.is/j9EeV

>It is also the single most failed course in community colleges across the country. So if you're not a STEM major (science, technology, engineering, math), why even study algebra?
>That's the argument Eloy Ortiz Oakley, chancellor of the California community college system,

>Oakley is among a growing number of educators who view intermediate algebra as an obstacle to students obtaining their credentials — particularly in fields that require no higher level math skills.
>What we're proposing is to take an honest look at what our requirements are and why we even have them. So, for example, we have a number of courses of study and majors that do not require algebra.

Just replace "Algebra" with "Literature Arts". The guy is literally arguing about why majors are being bogged down with non-pertinent courses especially at the community college level.

>Teaching black people math is racist.
>Not teach black people math is progressive.

Yeah and if my grandmother had wheels she would have been a bike.

>there are people so fucking brainlet they can't pass algebra

In my country you don't have classes that are not relevant to your field, i.e., art/literature majors don't have math (they don't even have it in HS), and STEM majors don't have any arts/literature crap

algebra isn't just a skill for STEM majors. Its a necessary tool for navigating the modern world successfully.

Everyone should learn algebra in middle-school and anyone who doesn't know algebra shouldn't be allowed to graduate high-school.

but he's right?
why would someone studying fuckin Beyonce or whatever fuckmajor need algebra?
this isn't fucking High School anymore

MAKE ALGEBRA GREAT AGAIN

We have to stop this idiotic movement!
Because "ALGEBRA MATTERS"

>what happens when you allow anyone and everyone into your tuition farm to take their loan and grant money?
>most flunk out
>what do you do about it to ensure you get your milk cow?
>lower the requirements for graduating

USA education in a nutshell.

I like how in the 1980s we had all algebra in high school and not any of it in college as a class you took (you needed to know it, but they didn't teach it). Now, the local high school doesn't even have algebra classes anymore. Then I read shit like this.