Philosopher Tiers List

Tier 1:
Kant

Tier 2:
John Mill, Rawls, Wittgenstein

Tier 3:
Einstein, Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, Roger Bacon, Kierkegaard

Tier 4:
Aristotle, Plato, Lucretius, Zhuangzi, Descartes, Spinoza, Leibniz, Pascal, Malebranche, Hume, Voltaire, Tolstoy, Russell

Tier 5 (trash):
Evola, Debord, Montaigne, Giordano Bruno, Avicenna, Langan, Borges, Tagore, Stirner

mods delet this

This list is embarrassing.

Tier lists should be banned

Prove me wrong noobs

see

>Mills
>even being on this list
>mfw

Right into the trash with Descartes and leibniz

Tiers don't exist

this
Mill was legitimately retarded.

Jesus, what a terrible list.
Debord, Evola, Montaigne and Pascal are all brillant minds who should be above Mill, Nietzsche or even fucking Voltaire (whose philosophy is based solely on "contrarianism").

>someone who learnt calculus at age 3 is retarded

keep trying to stain his name bitch boy. you don't matter.

why kant you make a tier 1? nobody is that good to you yet?

>Borges

Tier 6 (You must be joking tier)

Ayn Rand.

I took a course on modern and contemporary social and political philosophy, and like the entire second half of the semester was spent on Rawls and arguments against him.

That's nice. He still contributed nothing to philosophy.

Aristotle below all philosophers in Tier 2: DROPPED.

>Tolstoy

where's hobbes at

Tier 1: Nietzsche

Tier 5: everyone else

>tfw not anglo

I put this here to get input. The next thread I make will have changes according to well reasoned arguments. If really good posts come out I'll make a chart.

My Tier 1-3 admittedly could be swapped with a lot of them in Tier 4. I'm open to change, so a major rework is possible.

I'd put Hobbes near Hume.

>Tier 3:
>Einstein
>Tier 4:
>Aristotle, Plato, Lucretius, Zhuangzi, Descartes, Spinoza, Leibniz, Pascal, Malebranche, Hume, Voltaire, Russell
>Tier 5 (trash):
>Montaigne. Avicenna

Fantasic b8 m8

here. I actually like Rawls. I just don't think he should be that high. He's certainly contributed to the field in an important manner by mediating between the Kantian categorical imperative and ulitilarianism, but a philosopher like Aristotle just blows him out of the water in terms of extent of influence, length of influence, etc.

Aristotle contibuted to aesthetic philosophy, logic, and natural philosophy, not to mention developing a sophisticated notion of causality, which is fundamental in almost every epistemological field.

And even though I'm not a big fan of Plato, he should be at least Tier 1 or Tier 2 b/c of sheer influence.

Underrated

Tier 0: WHITEHEAD

I'll take that into consideration in the next iteration.