I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this but I just wanted some anons opinion...

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this but I just wanted some anons opinion. I cut my finger a week ago. Pretty deep, almost to the bone and I'm pretty sure I cut a nerve due to the fact that I've lost feeling in the area around and above the cut. I went to urgent Care the next day to have it sutured and it's been constantly bandaged since. I clean and rebandage it every day. I just wanted to know if if it looks or is infected. Arigato to anyone willing to throw in their opinion.

At least you can finger a girl now for how long she can last.
Oh wait ur posting on Veeky Forums

Fuck

IANAD but it looks fine to me. You can stop wearing bandage I think. It might heal faster actually.

No redness or puffiness around the wound
Looks pretty dry as well
Does it hurt when you touch around it ? like pressing around with another finger ?
Is there anything seeping from it at all ?

It looks alright to be honest but the picture is really low quality so

I would advise OP and every one else reading this to rely on 4chanfoe all our medical advice.

kinda blurry but looks good as far as i can see.

looks pretty good desu senpai. just keep it clean and it should be fine.

The only time I feel pain is when I extend it or rough contact.

Thanks to all anons who replied. Put me at ease.

Here's a higher quality pic

ouch. howd you slice it? looks fine, and from answers you're probably fine. puffy and red is what you want to avoid, or any puss

Looks ok, if it starts getting red and swollen and oozing then it's infected just dip it in polysporin every now and then

spray it with peroxide and bandage it
you'll be fine, it'll be healed fully within a month

I was really drunk and for some idiotic reason I just took a sharp kitchen knife and just sliced my finger for no reason.

Thanks anons. I was about to waste even more money on another urgent care visit because I thought it was infected. I know Jack shit about this stuff.

>for some idiotic reason I just took a sharp kitchen knife and just sliced my finger for no reason.
lol what

Idk I was really drunk.

You'd fucking know if you cut a nerve tard

yeah because I can't feel a fucking thing in my finger you dumb nigger

Cutting a nerve is pretty damned painful

It was pretty damn painful

There was quite a bit of skin glue. This is it with the skin glue peeled off.

can't see shit captain
it mostly looks brown, can't see much detail; brown can mean a couple of things, but it's definitely not as bad as yellow or red
fucking nasty man
but it doesn't look infected to me
what he said, and to expand on it, the signs of an infection are:
>redness
>heat
>swelling
>increasing pain (or pain that doesn't seem to ever decrease)
>loss of function
>buildup or leakage of fluids, especially pus
if you have one of these you should at least keep an eye on it and see if you can ask someone who knows better
if you have two of these you should definitely go to the hospital
if you have three of these or more, or if you have a fever, you should stop reading this thread and go to the hospital right now
as for cutting a nerve, the worst you could do past the last knuckle is cut a small one that attaches to your fingertip, which may hurt your dexterity, but A) I don't think you did that, B) you can learn to live to live with it if you did, and C) nerves can regrow to some extent

also "redness" is kind of vague, and it can be hard to interpret even when you know what you're doing, but it's still worth taking seriously
what's not hard to interpret is red streaks, like in a starburst pattern; if you have red streaks leading to/from the wound you should see a doctor

I don't really care if I cut a nerve. It's just that there's no feeling around and past the cut. I just included it incase it was somewhat important. I've gathered from this thread and talking to personal friends that theres no infection. I appreciate your anons time and im thankful I was spared another $200 for potential treatment that wasn't needed.