Be me

>be me
>walking down Cambridgeshire
>bump into an old acquaintance
>he's dressed in a smart-casual attire consisting of a white 'Ralph Lauren' shirt and blue jeans
>he's acting all nervous and itching his scalp every two seconds
>asks me what I do and why I disappeared
>tell him I left University after the first year and obtained a job in software engineering
>he's shocked and asks me why I abandoned literature
>tell him I haven't and still write on the side and currently going through the process of publishing a short story collection
>he stands back aghast and completely phased
>informs me that he graduated with an english literature degree and has spent the past several years working in a low-level government position for 23k a year
>chuckle in my head
>tell him I'm earning up to 70k a year
>he's visibly shaken
>tries to boast by bringing up the fact he's married to a model
>just laugh and say "good luck with that" and walk away
>mfw this dumb normie thought he'd actually become a writer by going to University when all the information already exists online

haha, really made me chuckle

>things that never happened

>making money
>relevant
By the way, if your university is just an information-dump then it's a terrible university.

This but unironically.

If you can't teach yourself you'll never be anything.

Woah OP. You earn a whole 70k a year being a tech wagecuck! Aren't i impressed!

How will you convince employers to hire you without relevant qualifications?

t. butthurt grad student

>be me
>browsing the cereals at Ralphs
>bump into an old acquaintance
>he's dressed in smart-casual attire consisting of brands I can't identify because I don't care
>asks me what I do and why I disappeared
>tell him I left university after the first two years due to depression and have done fuck all since
>he's not at all surprised, says we should hang out sometime, then leaves without exchanging contact information

More like things that did happen but OP just switched the salaries around and cried internally each time he "chuckled"

I wish I could have Harold Bloom as my professor. I feel like he's the only good one anymore.

It's called "internship".

The only professor I've been unimpressed by is one sessional lecture I had last term. It was an intro political science course that focused solely on teaching terminology (that everybody, even majoring in the field, will forget before they are eligible to take a senior-level course) rather than the actual study of politics.

On the other hand, I had another sessional lecturer that was incredible, and whose term-paper idea is turning out to be the primary focus of my current work.

"Ralph's". Bitter screenwriter?

>be me
>hard two days at work
>come on /lit, see this thread
>oh wow, people are really shallow and petty
>goes to high-ceilinged attic with strong joices
>pull out some sturdy nautical rope I found in my grandfather's house when he died
>tie a nice, solid noose
>position a nineteenth century upholstered chair, provenance: Duke of York
>climb out, put the noose around my neck
>kick the chair out, die.
>TFW ghostposting

All these butthurt uni students realizing they're in thousands of dollars in debt for no reason other to boast on Veeky Forums.

this

>>he's dressed in a smart-casual attire consisting of a white 'Ralph Lauren' shirt and blue jeans

Bret? Is that you?

Yes. I forgot the keys in my other jacket. Can you drop by with yours please?

>be me
>walking up cambridgeshire
>run into a guy i knew in middle school
>he's dressed in an oddly coloured, ill fitting suit that's been out of style for at least 60 years
>I get nervous because he looks to be on the verge of a psychotic break, probably hasn't slept in days and who knows what he could do
>ask if he's ok and where he's been the past decade or so
>tells me he was kicked out of university after the first year for putting cameras in the girls bathroom and had to beg for a job at a software engineering firm
>I probably look visibly uncomfortable at this point and ask if he still reads to change the subject
>tells me he does and shows me scribbles on a coffee shop napkin that he assures me is his latest work
>he's really freaking me out now, i take a step back
>tell him honestly that my lit degree couldn't get me a job and that i opted to take a respectable government position
>he lets out a long hoarse cackling noise that i can only assume was his idea of laughter
>claims he's making 70k a year and banging his bosses daughter as sweat pours off him and his face twitches uncontrollably
>I'm on the verge of running away, this guy is clearly nuts
>show him a picture of my fairly attractive wife and mention that she just modeled for a local photographer for a town calendar project
>He says something but i can't hear it because he starts running in the opposite direction at full speed as soon as he opens his mouth
>mfw this old friend of mine is in the depths of a mental helath crisis and will probably be found dead in a week

>walking up Cambridgeshire
>middle-school
FUCKING AMARICAN-FAGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SECONDARY SCHOOL, YOU JAPANESE PORTRAYAL OF A FOREIGN SCHOOL-GIRL!

t. Butthurt grad student

What does this even mean?

Never been to grad school, not pursuing a lit degree, i've got no dog in this race i just wanted to make a joke. I have a trade actually
Canadian actually, i used middle school because i figured most people would understand. As for cambridgeshire i just wrote it to be the opposite of OP

Quality posts. Op a fag

Self publishing isn't publishing, my dawg

Did Joyce censor himself to be understood? You may not be American, but that is close to American thinking - be careful!

>be me
>see an emaciated homeless man talking to a rotund autistic boy.
>they're both extremely hirsute.
>but that's typical of people in the Cambridgeshire area so i don't actually notice it
>they're both yelling over each other about how much money they've hoarded/which women/chinese cartoon characters they've jerked off to
>literature is not mentioned but I also don't notice this omission
>they chase each other in circles around the street, frightening a cat and almost knocking over an old couple who have been married for 53 years and always walk down this street on Fridays to feed the pigeons.
>their exertions quickly tire them out and they leave Cambridgeshire road
>by this point I am long gone and I am doing various business of my own which is more spiritually and financially rewarding than YOU can ever imagine, never to think of them again
until now...

>really shallow and petty
>>goes to high-ceilinged attic

this is what is necessary

why do i return here

Oh Christ, is everyone really teenagers on here.

This one is actually the worst. When you meet an old acquaintance and they say something like "Yeah bro, we should totally hang out some time" even though they have no intention of hanging out.