What are some essential reads within Theology?

What are some essential reads within Theology?

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/arzobispo-de-barcelona-juan-josé-omella-suspendan-a-sor-lucía-caram?recruiter=676478819&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
newadvent.org/summa/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the bible

Buddha

rosicrucian manifestos

Church fathers

>Boethius
>Dionysius the Areopagite
>Ignatius of Loyola
>Thomas Aquinas

The only acceptable answer

The City of God

Theology, not memes, user.

These anons are correct. Also:

Confessions
Ecclesiastical History
Summa Theologiae
Catherine of Siena
Bernard of Clairvaux
Bonaventure

Bump I am struck with interest, are there any good pathway charts?

I'm atheist, but I think I would be interested in reading about theology.
Would I fail to appreciate it if I don't believe in God?

depends. there are some theology that are pretty dry for 'hardcore' christians, then there are some like confessions, that are generally pretty good regardless.

Nietzsche

problem is that 1 thing leads to another, that leads to another...would be better off reading plato, aristotle, augustine and aquinas. for an introduction to apologetics/theology cs lewis is a good start, chesterton is very friendly too, if you don't want to jump straight to the big bosses

see

Sacrae Theologiae Summa

>Confessions
pleb

Reminder for all Catholics to sign this petition and rid our Holy Church of subtle blasphemies.

change.org/p/arzobispo-de-barcelona-juan-josé-omella-suspendan-a-sor-lucía-caram?recruiter=676478819&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Can't go wrong with the Summa Theologica. It's a masterpiece, even if you don't believe in God. The Imitation of Christ is also a good one, and of course The Divine Comedy and Paradise Lost.

reminder that if you would like to read summa but is to willing to read the 10thousand pages there is the "compendium summa theologica", written by aquinas, 300~ pages long

but is not willing*

Or just read it here

newadvent.org/summa/index.html