How about this

now that, that would be Locos

Ruggles Pyncherino

Felipe Alfau?

Also added to my list ty

The Flounder

Catcher in the Rye?

Great album BTW

Read that thing Phil wrote man, it's pretty good.

My music taste is total shit-tier.

Can someone recommend me some entry-level Veeky Forums albums?

crude, post-modern, neoconsumerist

just start with the Beatles

Submission

>terrible music

Listen to this
I'm not kidding, it's very ethereal and relaxing.

You've got both ends of the spectrum of shit taste in here.

So predictable.

Brave New World

but that answer's too predictable

Holy Bible

What I'm reading. rec me an album

>not Mozart
Kys yourself

Wrong album stupid

the fuck is a Mozart?

:)

Gravity's Rainbow

>vaporwave posted multiple times
i didnt realize how reddit this board was

FSV was a progenitor so it gets a pass, fuck off for trying to be so contrarian.

no, it doesn't. just listen to lounge and elevator music if you actually enjoy it, non-vaporwave is much better.

try shigeo sekito

This isn't even a "favorite albums" thread so there's no need to get upset anyways. And I doubt many redditors know James Ferraro anyways.

>doesn't realize he's projecting
low sentience
stop posting.

In what way am I projecting?

>a gospel record = the atheist Bible
???

The Savage Detectives

Ground Zero - Plays Standards

>LORD KILL MY GIRLFRIEND
he was always a meme

Edogawa Rampo's The Caterpillar.

There's approximately two and OPN isn't reddit.

Dead Pig Collector by Warren Ellis.

alice's adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass

Wow this sounds grotesque, thank you

youtube.com/watch?v=LXdQqP5ogmE

It's a really horrible and traumatizing story.

But tabula rasa actually fits it quite well.

I'm legitimately curious

This is my favourite album. It's just so poignant and touching. I've already read Siddhartha multiple times, so don't give me that..

I wish the people here actually listened to rap because I want to know the answer to this

Thanks man. I looked it up and it sounds right up my ally

Hogg.

No, but seriously, Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs.

Enjoy.

David Duke - My Awakening

i listen to rap, and im sure plenty of people like me are on this board

the early 10's ended the rap game. there's nothing left to do. What did TLOP do that Blue Flame didn't? Everything post-Yeezus is all image driven. There aren;t any novel concepts left. Hot Nigga turned rap into pop music.

>Ground Zero - Plays Standards
what the fuck am i listening to

Covers. In hardcore avant-garde form.

My favorite song in the album is El Derecho de Vivir en Paz + Shinoshin

>Rayuela
what the fuck am i reading

youtube.com/watch?v=okEluVGlWio

Need a rec based on this.

Requesting this too. Can't think of anything but I'd love to read it.

Kanye is the only innovator in modern rap besides debatably a few trap artists who'll be forgotten in a few years. That being said, TLOP was a marked departure from the ethos of Yeezus and MDTF musically yet somehow furthered the descent of madness. It was a very striking parallel for that time in Kanye's life: incoherent and jaded yet bizarrely self-aware.

Kanye is really the only innovator left in rap because everything HAS indeed been done before, yet his controversial cult of personality status coupled with a fractured and unstable stable psyche grants him the ability to really push the medium forward in a realistic, non-hamfisted way. TLOP did just that with some of the greatest sonic experimentation in MAINSTREAM hip-hop.

Notes from Underground.

it's 2:30 AM and I just realized my second paragraph did nothing but reiterate my first one.

By Hunter S. Thompson? That's another one I've read. Give me another. I get how it would fit tho, good taste.

Yeah.

American Beauty kinda means "comfy road trip while on the fringe" to me, but Lolita doesn't really fit it. It's more of a "trip with bros" vibe, I guess...

Mh... Moby Dick would be fine if it wasn't for the didactic diatribes... American Gods, I guess?

I see where you're coming from, but like I said, it's image driven. Some kid listening to TLOP in 20 years because he found Graduation in his dads CD cabinet isn't going to have any idea what's going on, and in all likelihood won't care about the album. Divorced from its cultural context (twitter ramblings and all), TLOP doesn't seem like a big deal. Nobody is going to think about his blow-up at the VMA's when they listen to 808s in 20 years either, and they're probably not going to think about Amber Rose when listening to MBDTF either. Compare this with Late Registration (his best) which at least has the track 'Roses' to give you some context, or Yeezus which is just straight up good. People will still be cranking those in 2037, and won't be missing out on anything.

If you claim that TLOP has meaning in light of Ye's discography, I'll concede that. the production aspect of it is infinitely more interesting than the hip-hop part though.

What thing?

paranoid android in particular

>Kanye is the only innovator in modern rap

*ahem*