Why people fall for pseudoscience and how Veeky Forums can fight back?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna_principle
youtu.be/Q5pggDCnt5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A genocide of brainlets.

no different to Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (not even using the proper test anyway) that's been all over Veeky Forums lately.

> tfw too deep and meaningful for /sci

pruned!

no different to IQ tests (not even using the proper test anyway) that's been all over Veeky Forums lately.

I think pseudoscience is marginally better than mysticism.

>no different to Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
MBTI is descriptive. Horoscopes are predictive. They're completely different.

>no different
Lol. You are retarded. I'm sceptic when it comes to Myers-Briggs but you are retarded if you think there is no difference.

What is Barnum effect, baby don't hurt me

>Barnum effect
What does that have to do with the MBTI?
Again, Myers-Briggs types are DESCRIPTIVE, all they do is pick four traits, and break the space they make into 16 groups.

>What does that have to do with the MBTI?

Every type comes with a overly-positive and vague description of the combination of functions. Based on this theory, i shoud be an INTJ, INTP, ENTP, ISTP, INFP and ISTP. And not because i say so. I scored these and guess what: all the description of these types fits in one way or another with my personality!

How's that not barnum effect?

Also: pollyannaism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna_principle

Probably because they were born Cancer under a waning moon

Education and power

youtu.be/Q5pggDCnt5M
Veeky Forums btfo

Why does nobody understand the history of knowledge that the Earth is round? Present-day trolling aside, that knowledge seems to have been accepted remarkably easily.

>pseudoscience
Some pseudos are more scientific than others so really it depends what you're talking about.
I seriously looked into astrology once because I figured whether you were born in winter or summer would have a significant effect on early nurturing and psychological development.

>Some pseudos are more scientific than others

stay delusional brainlet

What's the personality for eating the creme and throwing the wafers away?

A retard

>I figured whether you were born in winter or summer would have a significant effect on early nurturing and psychological development.
Or maybe because the standardized school year leads to kids starting their formal education with up to a year's difference in development.

>born in 1st quarter
absolutely JUST fuck my shit up