What books can explain me the historical origins of western concepts of morality regarding sex and how some people look...

What books can explain me the historical origins of western concepts of morality regarding sex and how some people look down promiscuity?

I want to understand the feelings some anons here feel about promiscous women.

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.fr/books?id=4BfvCgAAQBAJ&pg=PT117&lpg=PT117&dq=promiscuity taboo origin&source=bl&ots=8mBf5yd0vh&sig=eG0TSzd_GCEYnDV4imyGTbhrE1c&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8lZr20PbRAhULWRQKHcOuCU4Q6AEIQzAG#v=onepage&q=promiscuity taboo origin&f=false
maggiemcneill.wordpress.com/2012/02/28/why-is-sex-such-a-taboo/
sc2218.wikifoundry.com/page/The Social Construction of Sexual Taboos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nah nigga, I aint touching that shit.

and I'm searching for a cure for this Feeling. Any recs?

Delete the thread then, fedoracuck

got any modern book?

I aint reading the writings of stone age jews.

I'm not OP

Fuck off retard.

I don't think the bible talks about romantic medieval courtship retard.

and yes, my family is catholic.

>i aint reading
there's your problem.

>my family is catholic
So?

I have a faint idea of what is the bible, from what I remember from childhood.

I don't think western sexuality, at least the modern version that includes feminism is based on the bible.

>a faint idea
So, nothing.

What's there in the bible beyond what I can see in the movies here in holy week?

Why don't you read it?

I read some books off it when I was a child in church.

>some books
>as a child

I still remember genesis, kings, chronicles, the gospels and others.

people look down on promiscuity for the sake of a more cohesive society.
start with Freud's Totem and Taboo
then maybe Jung or Levistrauss?

books.google.fr/books?id=4BfvCgAAQBAJ&pg=PT117&lpg=PT117&dq=promiscuity taboo origin&source=bl&ots=8mBf5yd0vh&sig=eG0TSzd_GCEYnDV4imyGTbhrE1c&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8lZr20PbRAhULWRQKHcOuCU4Q6AEIQzAG#v=onepage&q=promiscuity taboo origin&f=false

maggiemcneill.wordpress.com/2012/02/28/why-is-sex-such-a-taboo/

sc2218.wikifoundry.com/page/The Social Construction of Sexual Taboos

wew

This is so American.

Also I'd include Eliade.

It's pretty obvious that humans would put sex into the domain of the Sacred, since it's the whole reason we even exist, and then consider anything that debauches the sexual act as Profane.

>It is an anachronism, and needs to be abolished; simply put, government needs to get out of the marriage game entirely except in its role as the adjudicator of private contracts. All marriages should be contracts written and freely entered by citizens of legal age, the number, sex and conditions of which are determined by nobody other than the participants.

A reminder that many women have autism too; it just expresses differently.

>sex
you can't say you're Veeky Forums if you want and/or need sex

Not only that, but the only places on Earth where sex is this much of a taboo is America and countries with brown-skinned dictators.

is that a painting or a fap doll?

It's CGI.

There really isn't a historical origin for it, it's biological. Men are attracted to women partly because they have good genes, and those genes will be passed on to your children. Having a promiscuous woman as your wife means that you may not be raising your own children, and instead wasting time, effort, and resources to provide for her to bear someone else's child, causing your genes to not survive, and just being a plain waste for you.

The real idea of the "sex is bad" from the bible is the fact that sex, in those times, was a real bad thing.

Having kids in that age it was dangerous and word of god was the only idea that clever people found as a condom.

Sex at Dawn

>people look down on promiscuity for the sake of a more cohesive society.
Wrong.
>legal age
Fucking statists.

t. disgusting cumslut

The only society that has ever had completely "free" sexuality is Africa.

That's all you need to know. Civilized people can control themselves for the sake of a good society. Sexual liberation is a sign of decay.

>Society
top slave

My God, you're right! Africa truly is the best place on Earth to live in, because they are free of the rigid expectations of so-called "civilized" society! At last I truly see

Africa has a society, one conducive to violence and such.

>Civilized people can control themselves for the sake of a good society. Sexual liberation is a sign of decay.
If one is not addicted to sexual activity and can restrain their impulses but at the same time can have sex and enjoy it at the appropriate time and context, what's the problem?
What is the mechanism of this decay? I keep seeing promiscuity->decay but never explain why they think so

>Enslave and impoverish population.
>Blame them for moral decay ensuing from said cruelty

The main reason you exist is sex, what a loser.

>white people created slavery in Africa

Oops!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa

>Slavery in Africa has existed throughout the continent for many centuries, and still continues in the current day in some countries. Systems of servitude and slavery were common in parts of the continent, as they were in much of the ancient world. In most African societies where slavery was prevalent, the enslaved people were not treated as chattel slaves and were given certain rights in a system similar to indentured servitude elsewhere in the world.
>When the Arab slave trade and Atlantic slave trade began, many of the local slave systems changed and began supplying captives for slave markets outside of Africa.

>What is the mechanism of this decay? I keep seeing promiscuity->decay but never explain why they think so

The line of thinking is something like the family unit is an important structure enabling a society to flourish, and casual sex devalues the sanctity of marriage, destabilizing the nuclear family which is one of the roots of all societal-ills. Marriage becomes merely contractual and not transcendent, sex becomes an act of perversion and profanity and not a sacred intimate affair. This in addition to the whole thing about harnessing sexual energy toward greater goals.

If you want to understand the conservative/reactionary mindset, you have to realize the same way leftists view education as the 'silver bullet'---the cure to the biggest public problems, e.g. drug addiction, poverty, crime, violence, poor morals, etc.---they view the family unit as the real key to it all.

Well, it's the reason.

I'm no fan of it myself, but you won't understand their mindset unless you read the material.

Personally I found reading the bible left me bemused yet bored, which is a strange and uncomfortable combination, but it has some highlights, like the bit where the guy wrestles an angel for a whole day to strongarm the angel into blesing him - that way banaynays.

I mean, it was written by people who barely understood not to shit in their own drinking water in a time when the best guess anybody could make about the world was starting with "A big man made it", then dressing it up in mystical pretence to disguise the fundamental absurdity of the claim.

The bible isn't a threat to your ideology or your way of life, reading it won't hurt you.

Which is kind of funny, while the traditional family unit has broken down; nothing has changed. Conversly, though, improvements in education have marked results for the welfare of the general public.

>while the traditional family unit has broken down; nothing has changed.

LOL

>nothing has changed.

Conservatives would disagree with you.

>marked results

Well, that's a matter of what concerns each side, no? You can't measure 'loss of important traditional values" as easily as you can the poverty rate, for example, outside of correlating symptoms like rate of addiction, mental disorders, depression, anxiety, single-parent homes, etc. And leftists will go on to apply band-aids to these symptoms while claiming only they have tangible results (e.g. antidepressants, welfare).

Who is this semen demon?

Families with children tend to be more responsible and less likely to vote for risky candidates, because they have more at stake.

I don't know, but she should get a new tailor because those clothes are much too small for her.

>You can't measure 'loss of important traditional values" as easily as you can the poverty rate, for example, outside of correlating symptoms like rate of addiction, mental disorders, depression, anxiety, single-parent homes, etc. And leftists will go on to apply band-aids to these symptoms while claiming only they have tangible results (e.g. antidepressants, welfare).

I mean atleast for addiction the problem affects conservative households more than the liberally inclined. (Excuse me for using anecdotal evidence) The only person I know who has even had any experience with OD deaths was conservative, all my friends in and around the city probably can't even comprehend something like that touching them.

Don't be dishonest. I'm not the guy your responding to but what you mean are poor rural households who might be more likely to vote conservative. You can't judge their prioritization of traditional family values off that.