Just finished pic related, was Tarkovsky the most philosophical filmmaker?

Just finished pic related, was Tarkovsky the most philosophical filmmaker?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sCP2SGTIz28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

8:15 onward.
youtube.com/watch?v=sCP2SGTIz28

Most literary maybe
There are more philosophical directors like Bergman, Bresson, even Malle

This reply > /tv/ reply

Fuck you, phoneposter. I wasn't memeing and you didn't watch the video.
Leave your reactionary garbage off of Veeky Forums.

does this book have pictures
i need some more dilettante artsy shit for guests to thumb through

no shade at tarkov

I watched it though :(

it has some photos and a lot of poetry next to the photos (id say about 40 in total)

Please just stop. Why is this the mindset of so many posters.

it is just fun

I wish you nothing but pain.

thanks

it's like irony senpai

No, it's dangerous and you are choking the light out of the world.
Unironically.

that's some deep stuff you got there.

Tarkovsky is the most poetic but I don't think it's all that deep.

He's a Rousseauist and a naturalist. He thinks that society corrupts people. It doesn't go too much beyond that but he does deal a bit with faith.

Bergman is probably the most actually philosophical. Many of his films do serve the purpose of elucidating various philosophical arguments.

Yeah yeah, live your life. I hate you.

I was just overstimulated with someone who actually cared to reply, and I was watching your video while I replied to someone else. No need to feel hatred towards me, I am just here to appreciate more art and have some discussion.

sorry buddy

If you say so. The fact that you, or anyone, dismisses Lucas as a filmmaker is the tragedy of art of our age though.

I found his interpretation on cinema fascinating, and I felt his constant argumentation of distinguishment of cinema as an art form separate from others was exceptional.

I did not dismiss him, it seems like he takes personal experiences and interprets them into his films, as he was getting very passionate in the video. I haven't seen enough of him to judge, I feel he may have been misunderstood at the latter half of his career.

I won't preach at you much, but as long as I have your (and anyone else reading's) attention-
Now that you know Lucas's philosophy on the interplay of Joy, Pleasure, and Greed, examine this scene from the Prequel trilogy.

77 INT. CORUSCANT-JEDI TEMPLE-YODAS QUARTERS-DAY

YODA and ANAKIN sit in Yoda 's room, deep in thought.

YODA: Premonitions . . . premonitions . . . Hmmmm . . . these visions you have . . .

ANAKIN: They are of pain, suffering, death . . .

YODA: Yourself you speak of, or someone you know?

ANAKIN: Someone . . .

YODA: . . . close to you?

ANAKIN: Yes.

YODA: Careful you must be when sensing the future, Anakin. The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.

ANAKIN: I won't let these visions come true, Master Yoda.

YODA: Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is.

ANAKIN: What must I do, Master Yoda?

YODA: Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

Of course, this is near the breaking point for Anakin as it takes place near the end of the third film in the trilogy, and is built upon the previous film's events.
Lucas is a slandered auteur.

No, Isou was.

Underrated film, underrated dubs.

holy fucking shit this wins the platitude of the month right here
>why are you even on this board jesus

>implying you live for Joy
It's not a platitude until it sticks, mate.

>It's not a platitude until it sticks, mate.

No it isn't you idiot, it's precisely the fact of it being a half assed moral remark that has been chewed on so many times only people like you who fill their heads with this kind of crap can find interesting let alone 'philosophical'.
I am not saying that Lucas doesn't have value, or that SW is shit, but praising either one or making of them object of careful analysis is a sign you do not know squat because - check this - you have not seen most of what's out there for you to find. You just don't care. I bet the make up of the inside of your skull is a fucking storm trooper bobble-head figurine.

Wew lad. Many assumptions were made. That's the problem. Lucas has been toxified. You assume that I don't regularly enjoy art-house cinema, or engage with meaningful media is general, because I see a beautiful artist where you see Jar Jar Binks.

>Sam Hyde
yikes

>sam "muh health insurance" hyde
>current year
y i k e s

>not Sam - you can run but y'a can't - Hyde