Is Veeky Forums well-read about Africa and its peoples? (Also including the Near East, Fertile Crescent...

Is Veeky Forums well-read about Africa and its peoples? (Also including the Near East, Fertile Crescent, and the lands bordering the Mediterranean Sea)

Let's share book recommendations about these areas. Preferably non-fiction.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied-Noir
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Writers_Series
wiki.suicide.cc/doku.php
amazon.com/Lucifer-Principle-Scientific-Expedition-History/dp/0871136643
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hmm.

I read a book called "the fate of africa" about the history of post-colonial Africa, would definitely recommend for anyone who wants to know how Africa became the way it is today. Lots of interesting stories.

WE

Is camus consider african since he was algerian?

Somewhat, in my opinion.

>WUZ /pol/

Literally the first guy from /pol/ that showed up to troll the HWNDU installation was black.

Ironic, isn't it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied-Noir

African isn't exactly synonymous with "pure black" or "sub-Saharan." Africa is literally the most diverse region, well, besides the West now.

"African" is based on the region, the geographical location.

>Is camus consider african since he was algerian?

A better question is, who the fuck cares?

An Afrikaaner tried to get a scholarship for "African-Americans" in the US. It didn't work lol.

To explain my point a little more, I will ask a rhetorical question:

>was Marcus Garvey not considered a Jamaican?
>even though he advocated that Jamaican blacks should leave and go back to Africa and he himself left and eventually died in England?

The answer is no, Marcus Garvey was still a Jamaican, because the culture and times he predominantly originated (born in) was the geographic location of Jamaica.

Asshole made me type all this with his logical fallacy of begging the question. Cocksucker.

>tl:dr yes, Camus is considered "African" because of his birth there, and the culture his writings speak of came from the environment in which he lived, what he knew of

You can fuck right off now. You're rekt.

That's because affirmative action is meant to increase racial diversity, not semantically based definitions of identity.

Again, you can fuck right off to circlejerk with similar people like you who have less functioning brains.

>You can fuck right off now. You're rekt.

I didn't get over 12,000 confirmed (You)s by giving up easily.

>I didn't want to be rekt, but I was
>I was only pretending to be retarded

You only trolled yourself.

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Writers_Series
Here's two hundred and seventy-three African novels that are considered good for Anglophone readers

I don't even browse /pol/ but the insufferably ridiculous boogeyman-posting from post-Fappenning reddit tourists needs to stop.

>muh paradigm shift

Who are you even talking to?

just finished reading God's Bit's of Woods for an english class. i have to say it was one of the most boring books ive ever skimmed.
it was awful. turned me off africa related books altogether.

>Preferably non-fiction.

I should've just said only non-fiction.

Anyway, try "The Palm-wine Drinkard." I thought it was fascinating. It's authentically sub-Saharan African and not pan-sub-Saharan African, which is rare. It has absolutely no influence other than the local African culture it's coming from, not even any influence from the various other diverse African cultures.

3 posts ITT match precisely what I was talking about but clearly I'm just pissing in the wind, right

Can you be any more passive aggressive?
>gets asked who he's talking to and doesn't answer the question
>answers the question by referring to their posts, rather than stating which posts

Samefag detected
These were your posts:
Fuck off back to /pol/ already. You got rekt.

I love African 'mystery' novels. Ben Okri is an author a bit similar to Amos Tutuola - taking local myths and 'updating' them to come up with a kind of magic realism.

I can fake screenshots too, you passive aggressive cunt. Go back to /pol/ where the rest of the mental midgets are.

>I can fake screenshots too
No, you can't, if you think I could've managed to fake it within a 2 minute span.

I even screencapped it and edited sooner than you did.
See:
You can now fuck right off back to /pol/ with the other mental midgets.

This worked up and I'm not even that guy. I sincerely hope he shows back up in this thread and laughs at how much of a retard you are, because he's the only one who can conceivably benefit from this argument. Good night.

>still samefagging

You suck cocks.

>still insisting

You are a mental midget.

>being this butthurt about a thread about blacks that isn't a nigger hate thread

>being this butthurt you got rekt here:
You are literally a /pol/ meme. But let me show you the reality of /pol/ again:
>pic related

wiki.suicide.cc/doku.php

Samefag. Spread that boipucci wider, I know it's aching with hurt.

>still posting fake screenshots
>still being this butthurt

You're legitimately the only butthurt one. You're legitimately the only faggot quoting a bunch of posts for no explicit reason. Do it again and I'll have a screenshot posted within 10 seconds, which is not nearly ample time to fake shit. But do wait 60 seconds after I post this post so I don't get blocked.

Your boycunt is goatse.

Get psychiatric help, you're schizophrenic, friend.

You're the one pretending to be a whole different person. Schizo. As if the other /pol/ retard just """"""coincidentally""""""" never replied back and another person just showed up to the conservation. Retard. You're a literal mental midget.

Kek says you're a faggot.
See:

You got rekt, friend. I'm not that guy, but he did indeed rekt you.

You type like an autistic 17 year old girl.

samefag

Your dad is a samefag. Same fag that played with your butthole as a child.

>samefag
Prove it.

>protip: you can't

Lol, that's an even funnier joke than what you turned this thread into.

Your father is a homosexual.

BUILT FOR SEX

Your mother and my father had sexual relations and thus, you were born. You are my half-sibling, you autistic 17 year old girl. Now come here and let's make passionate love.

Now you're trolling yourself again. My job here is done.

You're a feisty one aint'cha?

baby pls don't go seriously tell me your asl I think this could work

Post-colonialism = neo-colonialism

mods should permaban everyone in this thread

I volunteer to go down for the good of the board

Real talk, are you a grill? Please tell me you're a grill. I can tell from your posting style that you are one.

Read this a few weeks ago, pretty good desu but obviously it's more about modern south africa but he also describes the human nature of africans in general.

stay thirsty bruv, i'm a 22 yo neckbeard bloke

>muh safe space

I disregarded nig lit the moment we had to read Things Fall Apart in high school. It's all trash.

>nig lit
niglet harr harr

OP here. Let the thread 404. This thread is now fucked- so utterly fucked. And there's no interest anyway, which is why became fucked. Saged.

/thread

can /pol/ fuck off already? they are ruining my board

Hiro?

It's our board now

>implying you've ever read a whole book

>he thinks a part of a community that isn't anything but useless
>/pol/
Pathetic.

>This thread is now fucked- so utterly fucked
I think reddit is more up to your speed

You're fucking crazy, I made two posts ITT and I'm not butthurt at all about "the blacks"

I obviously struck a nerve with my Afrikaaner-American post because you're going apeshit over nothing my dude.

There is no good literature below the Sahara

>all i wanted was to discuss ebonic lit
>tfw all you guys do is meme

I've been posting on Veeky Forums for an embarrassingly long time, but yes, anyone who came here after 2008 is technically a newfag.

Newfag

Do you have a death wish?

I warned you.

This one is for /pol.

amazon.com/Lucifer-Principle-Scientific-Expedition-History/dp/0871136643

Ban us all, mods.

>be me
>edgy Veeky Forums conservative
>have bad breath
>virgin
>post inauguration
>finally abandon myself to progressivism
>start talking to chicks
>don't ideologically repulse them
>literally drowning in left-wing pussy
>managed to fuck 2 chicks from my college in the past week
>tfw on the right side of history
>feels good

stay triggered conservacucks

if you don't care about the white race can you truly rek someone?

Whites are world minority. It's already established that the white race is rekt.
See:

Oh so I was right, that one dude IS schizophrenic. Sad!

>says the guy thinking shitposting on an anime imageboard will save the white race

Laughable. Kek.

Who are you quoting? You're psychotic.

>doesn't know greentext is used for things other than direct quotes

Newfag confirmed.
See:

This happened

this

Protip: "Africa" isn't synonymous with "sub-Saharan" you moron