>i.imgur.com/IBs9KE8.jpg
General:
>i.imgur.com/r55ODlL.jpg
>i.imgur.com/gNTrDmc.jpg

NPR's Top 100 Science Fiction & Fantasy Books:
>i.imgur.com/IJxTQBL.jpg

Previous Thread:

Comfy fantasy scene.

Anyone read the Dragon Age books are they any good?

>A book I don't like is in a chart of the OP so I will get butthurt and make a new thread where only the books I like will be posted

Underrated trope desu.

Any books with a little girl protagonist?

I'm halfway through this. Extremely good, I'm surprised I hadn't come cross his work before. I'm slightly disappointed that he hasn't written much else so I was wondering if anyone can recommend me similar authors or works.

I especially enjoy the fact Chiang writes a kind of "soft" sci fi. No lace cannon wielding spaceships or warp travel machinery.

>What if men built a tower from Earth to Heaven-and broke through to Heaven's other side?
PICKED THE FUCK UP

he writes like a short story a year. i dont think he has the chops to write an entire full length book. he's like a computer that only puts out the most efficient short story possible.
>extremely good
just wait till you get to hell is the absence of god. your perception of him will take a serious nosedive after that heap.

>he's like a computer that only puts out the most efficient short story possible.
I know that feeling.

>Let me say this. Once when I was swimming underwater in imitation of her, I saw her swimming toward me, and she was swift and graceful beyond all telling. There are no words for that, as there are none for her beauty. She caught my hand, and we broke the surface, up from the divine radiance of the sea into the blinding glare of the Short Sun, and the droplets on her eyelashes were diamonds. You that read of all this in a year that I will never see will think me wretched, perhaps-certainly I was wretched enough fighting the inhumi and their slaves on Green, fighting the settlers, and before the end even fighting my own son. Or possibly you may envy me this big white house that we in Gaon are pleased to call a palace, my gems and gold and racks of arms, and my dozen-odd wives.
But know this: The best and happiest of my hours you know nothing about. I have seen days like gold.

You guys weren't kidding when you said Short Sun was fantastic.

Lads, serious question here.

Why are there no other science fiction stories that include Lightsabers?

Why does George Lucas (and now Disney) get to have sole ownership of this awesome type of weapon, merely because Star Wars managed to popularise it on screen?

Lucas copied the idea from other sci-fi stories of the past, but since SW nobody wants to include a lasersword less they get accused of copying him.

Would you read a sci-fi/fantasy novel that included lightsabers?

There are

Shardblades.
They're just not called lightsabers or described the same way but the functions is literally the same (almost)

It's a boring weapon, that's all. A sword takes a lot more skill and technique because it doesn't slice through people like butter. Also they have more variety and look cooler.

Also azoths in Book Of The Long Sun are practically lightsabers.

>Why are there no other science fiction stories that include Lightsabers?
No one wants to get sued by Lucas' estate.

lightsabers are literally the worst
they cut through basically everything (except some rare ancient dragon armor somhow) and in order to make any part of plot challenging that includes a jedi you literally have to make up ways to separate a jedi from his lightsaber because otherwise you're literally invincible

Jedis were far from invincibile tho seeing as they could be simply shot down from a distance, blown up, bested with another lightsaber or even a vibroblade or some such weapon, and what have you. If they were invincible they wouldn't have been wiped the fuck out.

>ywn get a morally grey Star Wars movie
Sigh

Report this thread We have to send Stevian a message. This shit has gone on long enough.

Make your own chart and add it to the OP. Don't be modifying people's chart to suit your financial gain.

ITS NOT STEVIAN
YOU FUCKING RETARD

How thick and dense are you? Or what do you think he never sleeps and mentions to kill a god any time he can because he is 24/7 here?

Jesus christ this autism you have, never seen anything like it

Calm down Stevian.

>Or what do you think he never sleeps and mentions to kill a god any time he can because he is 24/7 here?

Even if he did it wouldn't even crack the top 10 autistic things I have witnessed on this site. So, entirely possible.

No one except Stevian would get this mad over his blatant shilling being denied. Kindly hang yourself. You're both a failure as a writer and as a human.

>blatant shilling

THERE'S A FREE SAMPLE
NOBODY IS FUCKING MAKING YOU OR ANYONE ELSE BUY THE BOOK

If you're retarded enough to buy a book without reading the free sample you need to kill yourself because you're so completely moronic

I think you are in for a treat.

Well as they say, you can't repair willful ignorance.

I just have an image of you sitting in a basement or den, with the lights off and your led backlit mechanical keyboard being strummed on furiously by your plump fingers. There is a thin ray of sunlight peaking out from behind your curtin illuminating some of the 20+ star wars books you have on your bookshelves. One of your books has an extremely glossy finish and some of that light is diffused onto your fingers, revealing the cheesy Doritos /Cheetos stains than are embedded deeply into your fingerprint ridges and the quik of your nails.

The light from your oled monitor shows a manic grin as you mention your most beloved obsession. The eyelids are wide open, your nostrils flare, and your chest rises and falls in an uneven pattern.
>star wars

Why would anyone even spend one second of their time reading content from a desperate fag that knows he sucks at writing so he has to shill day in day out on Veeky Forums to get attention? You're never gonna make it, sorry. A job like janitor would suit you better.

>Why would someone provide criticism about a book they haven't even read 1 page of

only on Veeky Forums

In case this isn't pasta, I don't own any Star Wars books and in fact I think they're mostly hot garbage, also not American so your Dorito reference is lost on me.

The vibroblade bit was from KOTOR actually, played it many years ago and loved it.

I've already reported it, fucking sick of this guy's blatant shilling and samefaggotry.

>every time someone calls me out for my blatant shilling it's that one person

How fucking stupid are you? You are pissing more and more people off with your heavy handed buck making scheme.

>ITS NOT STEVIAN
>I will rage for shilling a book that doesn't even affect me
>my autism is that strong

Neck yourself on yourself on a concrete pavement Stevian.

Stop samefagging

Stop samefagging.

BotNS should really have more fanart.

You're shilling his books more than me by constantly trashing it you idiots

>on lit
>someone typing out a paragraph or two is hard to phantom and so might be copy pasta

Stop manipulating the OP, and stop deceiving people by "recommending" it to them. It's not in the slighest bit funny. If you really aren't him it shouldn't be hard, but well, you are and will continue because you are desperate.

>provide criticism on an incomplete book

As you say Stevian "soon to be banned" Heartbound, PART of the book is available on Amazon. To get the full book we need to buy it. You cannot criticize something that you only experienced partway.
We asked you time and time again to post your copy of the book to mediafire (since you read it and loved it), but you continually ignore these posts, JUST proving that you are Stevian and you don't want to lose your 10$ from probable sales.

>MFW reading The Electric Ant

This is peak Philip K Dick. I think he is a better short story writer than novelist, and I like those too.

Is Black Prisma as good as pic related?

I loved the shadow trilogy, what are books similar to it??

Most of those books I've been shilling in my chart for ages but seeing as you faggots ignore my charts you don't see this so they aren't obscure seeing as I post my chart almost every thread.

>I really need a new book myself.
Why don't you have a peek through my chart seeing as you have somewhat same tastes as me.

>holy shit this looks edgy as f...
>WEEKS

Carry on then.

Fuck off Weeks stop shilling your edgy shitty books

Stevian is really mad.

The only legit fantasy author lurking these threads is Bakker.

I came here to find a serious answer, but i forgot that im posting on Veeky Forums...

Black Prism is better.

What was your reaction when you found out that Shaeönanra was right all along?

Fuck off Bakker you've been shilling that shit every thread for a week now.

This isn't /b/ kid. If you are not Stevian as you say and you are just doing this for "shits and giggles", you will have to face the consequences.

Trolling outside /b/ is a bannable offense. Mods are less forgiving since mootoo took over. Maybe after a month or so ban you will reflect on your actions and comport yourself in a manner befitting someone who has an education and actually reads books. Instead of "shitposting and or shilling / trolling".

You can still view the thread when banned, you will be able to see new recs and read them.

Abandon thread!
New thread here:

>and actually reads books

Says the one constantly talking shit about a book he didn't read.

>Is Black Prisma as good as pic related?
much better

>I loved the shadow trilogy, what are books similar to it??
maybe try mark lawrence or joe abercrombie if you love that edge

The bare mention of "Stevian" sends you into an autistic rage, doesn't it.

When will the mods get around to you Stevian?

Can confirm Lawrence, Prince of Thorns and sequels are really great if you're not someone who can't even comprehend that some people might be psychos

THIS. SHILL UP YOUR COPY I WILL READ IT!!!

Somebody in this thread already said he would buy it and read it and provide an actual review.
I don't think he's done it yet

Not in this thread, in some previous threads, that is.

some books in here is similar. Can't remember which.. it's been so long.

What aspects of Night Angel Trilogy did you like? I can rec books on that.
Was it the: Sentient armor? GRI? Magic? Actually assassination training and assassinations? Muh monsters in the woods? Your friend offering your boipussy?

What was it that made you enjoy this trilogy so?

Because the new book is coming out soon.
>tfw I have two books to finish to be able to meme when the new book comes out
Idk if I will make it guys.

Is it just me or everything that GRRM ever wrote before ASOIAF is fucking golden?

Sankings. Amazing short story. Fevre Dream. Probably the only "vampire" novel I didn't hate. And so on.

What happened to him?

>Because the new book is coming out soon.

So that's why I've been seeing Bakker posting a lot more.
Good to know.

Don't forget to report this too . He is fucking with the general now (open blatant trolling). Let's shut him down before the outer e/lit/ists gets antsy.

That was made by one of the butthurt autists in his autistic fit when the name Stevian came up

Let us have the copy you read so we can judge for ourselves. It would be a sffg bookclub read.
Upload it to mega or something.

Soon you will get the threadly meme
>x time until new book

You didn't like Salem's lot???

The assassinations & the magic, and the fact that kylar just couldnt get a break.
>inb4 too edgy 4 me
I guess i kinda like the edgy, "i just cant be happy" characters...
I also liked logans storyline...

I read everything from abercrombie already

Right, that one too.

Still my argument stands, non-ASOIAF GRRM is way better than ASOIAF GRRM.

Did you look at the chart?

If you are not opposed to vagina authors I have some that are about magic and assassinations.
until the usual meme of the author's vagina taking over and the protagonist is jonesing for a dick

you should read assassin's apprentice for a protag who can't catch a break and struggles to be happy, also has a little bit of assassination stuff (but less than the title implies) and an interesting magic system

this will trigger chart user tho

I only read game of degeneracy books, and fevre dream.
The name sandkings sounds like it's about that new, or old, it's new to me, short story Sandermeme wrote last year.

They're exactly what you'd expect from video game books. I liked Asunder kind of , but there's really no reason to read them unless you're really devoted to Dragon Age.

That's a garbage book, don't listen to this guy.

Why should it trigger me? I never read Hobb.

Iwas planning to do it years ago but never got down to it. One set of people always praised her the other brought her down. When I read the blurbs years ago it didn't interest me. So I never read it (she wrote rangers apprentice right?)

I don't get "triggered" over books I haven't read. Only when fags meme me a shit book, and you knew it was shit/not fantasy at all.
I will find you buried meme shill

>(she wrote rangers apprentice right?)
no, that was a guy called flanagan I think and it is very different

and I must have confused you with someone else sorry, it's one of the other chart guys who spergs out whenever hobb gets mentioned

You have no sense of humor.

What did you think?
He wants anyone who even mentions Stevian banned

What was the centaur hot sex book called, I forgot the title

It's another idiot that posts a chart containing books he has never read.

It's only later I understood that your replaced every chart with that book. Still outer lit already doesn't like us, what would they do with 4 sffg threads up?

I don't think they care that much.

>what would they do with 4 sffg threads up?

And who is to blame for the 2 other threads that were made after someone had already made a thread

Stevian.

Why would Stevian make this thread?

Wait, so you guys LARP as fantasy authors having internet fights?

That's pretty cool.

Pretty much.

Yeah except for Bakker who's really here. Some user has proof.

Here

As far as proofs go that's really fucking weak. Although I'd like nothing more than for Bakker to really lurk here.

But just in case he is : I made it 30 pages into the first PoN book before dropping it, congrats on the purple prose and uber Gary Stu protagonist.

I don't think he realized that just by deleting the post, the post would disappear completely.

I remember reading that page. The knife had just entered, and Wolfe hadn't begun to twist.

Thats way too comfy.

It's reminiscent of that one short-lived BotNS comic.

Never seen it, I just think everything should be depicted as run down as possible, otherwise it kinda detracts from the thrust of the book.

It's just six pages that's been posted here, so I'll repost those.