I'm halfway through this book and it's bad, what gives? Also, why does he use "and" so frequently. Literally unreadable

I'm halfway through this book and it's bad, what gives? Also, why does he use "and" so frequently. Literally unreadable.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polysyndeton
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's literally readable, as many have. It's awesome btw.

>Corncob Tortillas YeCarthy

Corncob is a pretengious faggot who thinks writing without most forms of punctuation gives his books a "biblical" quality. Naturally, pseuds eat that kind of shit up.

>Literally unreadable

Kill yourself

*you'reself

you're a fucking white male

are
you
kidding

yourself

Another user already went over this in another thread a while back.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polysyndeton

you aint nothing
*spits*

yall got any tobacco

So what?

I didn't really enjoy his writing in The Road. Should I try one of his other books? Which one?

>What do you want to do?

We gotta get to Californy

Blood Meridian

ah, blood meridian, monsieur? that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shellalagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.

>2017
>being a white male
imagine

If you didn't like The Road, you'll hate Blood Meridian. Maybe try All The Pretty Horses.

Well I still liked the book for the characters, themes and plot. My problem with it was strictly how he writes and the structure of his sentences.

He cranks that up in Blood Meridian, I wish someone else had written it.

>why does he use "and" so frequently

its supposed to be like the bible

see

Exactly

Then sadly it sounds like he's not for you. Personally I love the writing style. Also I'd say plot is virtually non-existent in The Road, and the characters are (deliberately) barely fleshed out and archetypal. Obviously 'themes' are big, but for me the prose is married perfectly to them- basically, if the book was written in a more 'normal' style it probably wouldn't be very good.

>Bad
>constantly ranked in the top 10 American Novels lists
So everyone is just wrong?

I'm not saying he's bad but
>Popular = Good
is a terrible argument. Are you aware of the other novels that usually occupy that kind of list?

They're all shit. He's one of the biggest hacks around.

Godlike, masterful:

"They passed through a highland meadow carpeted with wild-flowers, acres of golden groundsel and zinnia and deep purple gentian and wild vines of blue morninglory and a vast plain of varied small blooms reaching onward like a gingham print to the farthest serried rimlands blue with haze and the adamantine ranges rising out of nothing like the backs of seabeasts in a devonian dawn."

"These people had seen Americans in plenty, dusty laggard trains of them months out of their own country and half crazed with the enormity of their own presence in that immense and bloodslaked waste, commandeering meal and meat or indulging a latent taste for rape among the sloe-eyed girls of that country."

top 10 best novels, not 10 most popular. Are you aware of the difference?

you're a bad reader, OP
It's not bad just because you're stupid
You should feel ashamed.

The lines were he describes the Judge and the freak coming over the desert hills looking for the kid. Something along the words of, "they didn't understand the enormity of their own symbolism." Those lines are perfect, the end of that book - the chase - moves bodies beyond character into a realm of symbolic representation, a realm of forms in literature. Really impossible to make an apt cinematic adaptation of that book, although I think NCFOM is a worthy try - essentially considering the scene of Chigurh in the gas station. A film for Blood Meridian may have to be silent, just image.

Any comments on the characters, particularly the judge? What was in the outhouse?