Anyone on Veeky Forums in mensa ?

I'm going to be tested next week and i'm wondering what is all the fuss about ?
>How does it look when i'm tested:
>Can i somehow prepare:
>How to suicide if i score below 130:

And what is u'r general opinion on mensa as a community ?

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/dn1520-iq-is-inherited-suggests-twin-study/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pretentious retards patting themselves on the back over something that doesn't matter.

iq is 100% genetically determined and a marker of superiority. mensa is a community of superhumans

Do you actually gain anything from doing it ?

You can't even write that shit on your CV because you'll look like a pretentious faggot

>paying the 'make me feel smart' jew

actually its 50% hereditary

I got in, but haven't bothered continuing the subscription as I didn't feel it was worth it.
Some mensans I met were interesting, but most are extremely pedantic.
(I'm not actually a Veeky Forums regular. /pol/ is my homeboard)

What's wrong with astrology ? People can talk about mythology despite not believing in said gods, there's no reason not to do the same with astrology.

tell this a nigger to aviod being hit by him, heĀ“ll be scared

Don't do it. It's better not to know your IQ.

If you do, you'll then inevitably start comparing yourself to others and feeling inferior and useless when you realize they have a higher IQ.

Like maybe you are super smart and score something like 135 IQ but then you are doing a group project with some and he randomly boasts about his 152 IQ and you'll feel like shit in comparison.

This isn't some remote pantheon but about how the stars inflect on human nature. You might as well have homeopathy as a hobby.

Don't bother reading if you have a life, not even sure why i'm typing so much on Veeky Forums, just shows my lack of social interactions.

That's what i'm afraid of actually, scoring lower than i expect it to be. My grades are not the best, i grasp concepts quickly tho. I have formed a hierarchy unwillingly during my lifetime.
I see my self as an inferior to a PhD when speaking to one.
I've also taken the political compass thing and i scored top right (conservatism).
I see society as a lost cause atm.
I have a dream of pursuing a Physics PhD. but that's a high goal that i'm anxious i will never reach because i doubt in my cognitive ability.
I have trouble focusing, studying (as a matter of fact last time i actually studied was in primary school). I enjoy abstract art, classical music, and i despise people who live for party, drugs and sex, i see them as inferior. I don't have many friends, i like to be alone, i daydream for 7 hours sometimes.
Can't believe i'm actually writing this.
Atm i'm doing Fractals for fun, thinking of going over everything i've learned up untill now and get ready for last year of physics major.

Can you take the test and never be an active member or how does it work?

>iq is 100% genetically determined

I bet I could change your mind with a hammer.

Get it? a hammer would change your mind by changing your IQ because brain damage.

It's a joke.

>Do you actually gain anything from doing it ?

I have a friend who's a member and he says they hook up a lot. It's the main reason girls join.

this, never compare yourself with others, everyone is better than everybody at something so don't waste your time on the iq bullshit and focus on things that matter to you

Feeling proud of what you are is foolishness. You didn't have a hand on your height, intelligence is barely different.

Feeling proud of what you DO is so much better. Until you understand that you are as you do, try to feel proud of your acts, of your own merits, reality is a better judge of worth that all those tests.

What's the sense of feeling proud to belong to a group who are something, instead of a group that did something? A group of self-gratulating individuals, giving each-other cookies for scribbling on a paper at best, to congratulate each other for their existence at worst.

Even a tabletop group has more to feel proud of, they join to do things and can claim stories about it.

Finally a legitimate reason to get into this scam.
Nice.

>It's better not to know your IQ.
I've always thought this, too. If you score lower than you thought, you'll lose lots of confidence. If you score higher than you thought, you may develop an ego. Regardless, you'll start comparing yourself to others and treating it as a numbers game.

nicely put

Replace iq with dick size and mensa with lpsg.
At least those guys have more reason to be proud of themselves :)

Let's see the capability of Mensa members when solving problems that aren't some plebian IQ tests.

Fucking girls like pic is probably that guy's only chance at procreation, he's smart and he knows it.

Who is that woman? Is she a real person?

Well, I think the whole concept of a high-iq society is pretty sad in the first place. Just imagining one of their meetings makes me cringe. It looks like your mind is made up though, so my advice would be to try some of their sample tests if you haven't done it yet. IQ tests can definitely be learned to a certain extent. You might gain several points just practicing time-management and thinking under stress.

>Let's see the capability of Mensa members when solving problems that aren't some plebian IQ tests.
It's funny, actually. You'd think Mensa would be full of scientists, doctors, successful businessmen, etc. In reality it seems like most members are underachievers working regular jobs. It's pretty clear that the reason most people join it in their first place is to gain a sense of achievement after having nothing else to show for.

She's a top of the line android AI. We didn't want to hire any brainlet design engineers. What you're looking at is pure functionality, with no nonsense "aesthetic" brainlet memes. What you're looking at is pure function over form.

This is an image we took just before she solved Riemann Hypothesis. We plan on replacing all scientists, engineers and mathematicians with this model by 2020. We made her female so she's more likely to be accepted by the public. And also, that they'll be a chance she might sleep with one us.

I get all of that except the sex part. Why would you want to fuck that?

I wouldn't want my dick anywhere close to that.

We built her with pure form. While she might not be much to look at, the application of our theory on vaginal and sexual mechanics (as none of us could get laid to successful test this beyond theory) led to the creation of sexual functionality which theoretically should be the most pleasurable experience possible. Also, I want to lose my virginity.

I am interested. Please tell me which PDE's did you solve to find the most pleasurable vagina? You must know, this is an open problem in the theory of PDE's commonly known as Stroke's conjecture

newscientist.com/article/dn1520-iq-is-inherited-suggests-twin-study/
Whatever helps you sleep at night, brainletto.

The last mensa meeting I was at ended in drunken debauchery and probably getting mensa banned from renting at that chain again. Sure is a club for superhumans