nobody, its a damn interview

You there was no conflict you mong

There was no conflict here

This interview on the other hand...

youtube.com/watch?v=EwfQl2LGhwc

>"Why do you keep saying "this is going to sound pretentious?"
>"Why do you care so much about what other people think?"

based Charlie Rose

>"Feminists are saying white males are 'ok I'm going to sit down and write this enormous book and impose my phallus on the consciousness of the world.' If that was going on it was going on at a level of awareness I do not want to have access to."

What did he neam by this?

No wait wait, what did he mean by THIS?

DFW looks like he has downs syndrome

>Hey Dave I heard you wrote a book can I interview you about it?
>Sure Mr. Rose, did you read it?
>No, but...
>...
>..so do you like movies?

There actually is in the beginning if you watch closely. It goes away once the start talking movies though. Im not going to watch this again for the nth time to support my claim but if I remember correctly it has something to do with Rose essentially not asking any relevant questions and wallace getting spergy. The remark about seeing him as appreciating respect was awkward by rose and an awkward response by Dave. It was pretty clear the Lynch piece was the only thing of his he'd read. I remember in a later interview dfw talking about how he felt awkward on the show and that he felt bad for rose because he obviously has a ton of shit to do and doesnt have time to read his (dfws) tome + essays.

Based

Fucking rekt. DFW always has the best burns.

Of course user but I'd hardly classify that as conflict. It's more like two people trying to have a discussion and not being on the same wavelength

Is Leyner any good? His book titles seem funny but Wallace really ripped him a new one

DFW is the kind of guy that makes any situation ever awkward.

GO ON, ENLIGHTEN ME

>people read books because they don't fit in in some way.
Veeky Forums btfo.

The interview isn't about the book it's about the author. Charlie does an hour of interviews every day and he reads the news for CBS. Do you really expect him to read everything he talks about?

Actually it is about a book but it's not Infinite Jest, it's about A Supposedly Fun Thing

Authors do interviews to promote books, but the interview doesn't have to be about the book itself. How often do you see an interview where the host plugs the book at the end and it has nothing to do with the conversation? When you watch Charlie Rose and David Lynch, he goes through most of his filmography instead of focusing on Lost Highway.

I'm no SJW, but the elephant in the room during this interview is that all three of the authors are white men (postmodern writers of roughly the same age as that!). The rise of diversity is bringing new perspectives which is probably going to save the novel before it goes the way of opera or poetry and sinks into irrelevance.

the fuck would charlie rose waste his team reading this meme garbage

his interviews are really embarrassing

Delillo basically told him as much

>I'm no SJW, but white men should be genocided from the culture to make way for vibrant and diverse perspectives, which all share the exact same ideology and opinions but come from people with funky skin colors

What a coincidence!

Where did DeLillo say this?

> He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation.

>I'm no fascist, but I can't help being racist and ill informed when sarcastically telling someone their opinion is stupid on the internet.

link to interview?

HEY

LISTEN

>I'm no SJW, but I'm a SJW