I used to love reading back when I was in my 20's-30's, but other avid readers have ruined it for me, so my question is...

I used to love reading back when I was in my 20's-30's, but other avid readers have ruined it for me, so my question is, Why are litfags so anal about books?

This is why nobody reads anymore, because avid reader nowadays are all stuck up losers who smell their own farts.

It's like you can't say you enjoyed a certain book if it isn't on the same tier of Ulysses or something.

I use to kill a mockingbirk as a coaster.

In no other medium do you have people jerking themselves off over the fact that they consumed some super unapproachable piece of fiction as you'd find with bookfags.

"I just watched a movie yesterday that's shot entirely in black and red, has no dialogue and is played in reverse, get on my intellectual level, plebian."

Fuck off.

"Ohh, Ohh, I read a 2000 page book over the weekend and I read it in its original language of Russian, so I wouldn't lose any of the subtleties in translation, I didn't have a clue what I was reading as I don't know Russian, but as I have perceived it was all an effective allegory for the oppressive nature of communism, as well as a commentary on gender. Get on my level, plebian."

Fuck off Paperfag, I like Skulduggery Pleasent.

>tasteless pleb confuses people who want to read books with artistic merit with pretentious fags
kys yourself

Is that the fucking Qu'ran?

I like u m8

If you don't think this attitude exists in other art forms such as film and music, you're just kidding yourself. But also this

I enjoyed reading Harry Potter.

Nobody on Veeky Forums actually reads is the trick. Veeky Forums is populated by devils who exist only to trick you. Either they trick you into reading shit books and following shit philosophies, or they trick you into not reading good books and good philosophies. At this point even they can't tell the difference anymore.

That's why Veeky Forums hates Corncob so much, because the Judge is basically a Veeky Forums user with a job and a sex life.

You're not wrong for the most part.

Thing is, you could argue that reading should be praised more than other artistic consumption because generally it requires more effort. Never mind the fact that literacy has been decreasing in recent decades (lower vocabulary, reading proficiency, etc).

I think the problem is a lot of people will think too highly of themselves foSo reading now has some sort of pompous pretension as it should. r reading difficult books, while other people like you take reading difficult books for granted.

Since when has reading become a group thing?
Who cares about what books anyone has read. Just read for fun, for yourself.
Stop comparing yourself with others.

Also this. I have read only 1 book the past 2 years. Still I am shitposting on Veeky Forums

The thing is that you're just as concerned about vanity as the people whom you are talking about. You're just jealous about how you can't fit in with Veeky Forums. It must be so embarrassing to know how you're on a lower echelon than people who only watch black and red films, or people who only read novels in their original language.

Why the fuck would you care what everyone else is thinking when you genuinely enjoy an activity?

>I used to love reading back when I was in my 20's-30's, but other avid readers have ruined it for me
You're an idiot. Keep using excuses, but we all know why you don't love reading.

You don't actually enjoy it, and you especially don't enjoy reading anything challenging because you're too stupid to understand it. You're also so insecure that you can't accept the fact that you don't enjoy reading and just do something else. Or you actually enjoy reading but can't accept that you dislike any challenging and thoughtful literature, and feel intimidated by the people who do.

It seems from your post that you're 40+, and you're complaining on a cambodian basked weaving forum that OTHER people ruined books for you. Is this what you wanted your life to be?

>To kill a mockingbirk
>Qu'ran in picture
>"Fuck off Paperfag, I like skulduggery pleasant."

10/10

Deserves to be a copypasta, good job OP

>"I just watched a movie yesterday that's shot entirely in black and red, has no dialogue and is played in reverse, get on my intellectual level, plebian."

some cinephiles are absolutely comparable to this

Why does it bother you so much what others consume? It doesn't affect you in any way. Also this

who this semen demon?

btw i liked movies: daisies and orphans, birds and fools for its extensive visual experimentations - like screen tape in some peculiar colour like red or yellow, or changing aspect ratio. Anyone know more movies that are using such a tricks?

>I used to love reading back when I was in my 20's-30's,

translation

>i used to love reading garbage fiction

Veeky Forums and its particular mass-consciousness is just a natural extension of the Veeky Forums consciousness- that is to say, negativity reigns and positivity is for pussies. No matter how good your writing, or no matter how deep or interesting a question you pose, you will find detractors who will attempt to annihilate your comfort. To some extent this is a good thing- it is the opposite of a positive echo-chamber and can sometimes provide you with good advice by reading between the lines. The issue is when you've been here as long as I have (eleven years) you begin to notice that critique, comments, questions, etc.. Are almost entirely negative for the sake of negativity and a good joke. This is amusing the first year, second, maybe a bit of the third- but after so long you begin to realize that Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums in general are really the anti-intellectual, the anti-original.

>it took him over 3 years to realize something that every teenager realizes after a week of shitposting and memeing

you proved his point tho