I have a radical idea, the obesity problem can be solved with government subsidized takeaways...

I have a radical idea, the obesity problem can be solved with government subsidized takeaways. This would mean you can get a meal of steamed rice and roast chicken for £2 as opposed to fried chicken and chips for £4. I've thought about it a lot (a lot of fat people in my area) and I think the core cause is longer working hours. Who coming back from a 12 hour shift can be bothered to cook for 3 kids? This is exacerbated by the fact that the wife doesn't stay at home anymore and single parent households. My theory explains a lot; why obesity has increased since the 70s (coincides with family breakdown) and why it's more prevalent in Anglo-Saxon countries (stronger work-ethic leading to longer working hours)

I see so many council obesity initiatives and they are so laughably futile. Less takeaway shops on the high street? People will just get a bus to another area for their KFC. More sport in schools? Lazy parents will just undo all that by filling the kid with Cheetos when they get home. Free cooking classes? Nobody has time for that.

This is why I propose the radical solution to just work with the inherent laziness of society. People are going to choose a quick takeaway over cooking at home so at least give the option of a healthy takeaway that is cheap. This idea already sort of exists; school dinners. A free school dinner discourages lazy parents from simply giving their kid money for a kebab.

Good luck getting the government to see the light but if I was a millionaire I'd fund such a scheme.

Obesity is genetic, there is nothing obese people can do about their weight.

>fat people can remain fat even when they have less calories in than calories out with exercise

amazing, we've finally discovered a perpetual motion machine. When can we start using obese people to power the world?

Lurk Veeky Forums and look specifically for the threads named FPH (fat people hate) and FPS (fat people stories). They will show you the true nature of fat people.

But to save you some time, let me tell you about the holes your theory has. In the FPH threads there are a couple of usual pictures posted of a woman who does not have to work at all, she just gets government money because she is so fat she is unable to work and suppor herself.

She doesn't have to work. She doesn't even need to leave the house for anything. She has all the time in the world to go cook good food... but she won't. She is addicted to sugar filled crap. She cannot be stopped now. Give her a billion dollars and she would still eat shit.

Another common one is of a guy who is so fat he was sent (for free) to the hospital for rehab. The doctor informs him that despite being in a controlled diet, he doesn't lose a single pound. It was then found that the bastard buys snacks at the hospital and literally undoes everything the doctors are doing for him.

I personally think fat people are genuinely fucked in the head. The only humane solution may be genocide.

No it's partly true, some people have higher appetites. That's why everyone who loses weight always regains it.
This is as brainless as "nigger hate" threads. A few cherrypicked extreme examples to reinforce your hatred, doesn't solve anything
Some people have to watch how much they eat for the rest of their lives, this is the grim truth that fitness gurus won't tell obese people. For whatever reason they can't naturally regulate their calorie intake for a normal weight, it has to be a conscious effort. Again this is why virtually all dieters regain the weight.

>This is as brainless as "nigger hate" threads. A few cherrypicked extreme examples to reinforce your hatred, doesn't solve anything

Well, I quoted the most memorable examples. Those two people are the solidified meme kings, who will get posted in every FPH no matter what because their legacy is as the most disgusting fat people around.

But there are less terrible fat people, and they are still terrible. Statistics show that fat people that get help in rehab constantly and deliberately misrepresent the amount of food they consume. They waste our medical resources because they are fucking assholes.

And we don't even need to bring up statistics. Being a fat person is morally evil, if you get free healthcare. But being fat you are willingly choosing to have higher risks of disease and every time you get a health issue, the taxpayer suffers. If we live in a society with free healthcare, the moral thing to do is to be fit, be healthy and not do stupid shit that could get us hurt and potentially cost the taxpayers. But fat people, just like drug addicts and alcoholics, ABUSE healthcare. They abuse the system that protects them by being as reckless as they can possibly.

How do you justify that? How do you justify being a shit person who does not give a shit about your fellow citizen? Fat people have no fucking soul.

>nothing they could do
Kek.
They could go to the gym and eat less calories their bodies burn on it's own.

>When can we start using obese people to power the world?
Using Obese people's Fat as Fuel.

We can recycle Obese Fat extracted by Liposuction.

The energy released by burning the Fat can move turbines & generate electricity. With better efficiency than solar panels.

It was a joke man.

People who claim that fat is genetics are basically saying that no matter how much a fat people exercises, they will still not burn fat, or perhaps regrow the fat instantaneously.

That is literally an infinite energy machine. We could have fat people running like those hamsters in movies and because their fat would regenerate, they would never run out of energy.

Obviously, fat is not all genetics. It is more about calories in-calories out but you go explain that to a feminist lol

The thing that most don't understand is that pretty much all morbidly obese people burn a fuckton of energy to just maintain their fat. They just don't like to admit that they snack constantly.

It's mostly due to lifestyle
> be the Obese neckbeard or cat-lady.
> eat a lot of caloric food (fat, carbohydrates, alcohol & fatty meat.
> with a diet soda, don't forget the diet soda.
> lazy & never work out / exercise due to laziness
> complain about social discrimination, prejudice & "harsh" beauty standards.
> blame "muh" genetics & try to justify own point with pop science or pseudo science.
> says "look mom, there are guys on Veeky Forums who agree with me" if NEET.

>Statistics show that fat people that get help in rehab constantly and deliberately misrepresent the amount of food they consume. They waste our medical resources because they are fucking assholes.
So what? Drug addicts do the same thing, this behaviour is precisely why they're in rehab in the first place so it makes no sense to say they shouldn't be in rehab because they are acting like someone who needs to be in rehab.
>But being fat you are willingly choosing
If fat people choose to be fat why do they spend so much of their lives trying to diet?

You're just being kneejerk, this isn't helping, go away until you can give a rational productive debate.
Look guys, you can a) sit in a corner and grumble about fat people all day or you can try to fix the problem. There has been no replies saying why my idea is bad only "I hate fat people" okay great, moving on, does anyone have any actual arguments as to why my idea won't work?

>It was a joke man.
I know. I'm joking too. (but with a argument point in mind)

Neckbeard obesity is kind of separate to general obesity. I'm talking about family obesity, that can be squarely pinned down to parents not cooking. Neckbeards on the other hand are depressed and lonely and use food as a drug, they are not eating junk because of cost or convenience so they actually wouldn't benefit from my scheme. They need therapy, a job and some friends to take their minds off food.

>moving on, does anyone have any actual arguments as to why my idea won't work?

In I outline why your idea won't work.

Your idea assumes that fat people want to fix themselves. You assume that if given healthier options, fat people would choose to eat healthy and I showed you why that is wishful thinking at best. Fat people DO NOT want to fix their problem. They will not eat healthy because they are addicted to junk food.

Look at these rapidly spreading genetics!

I assume they literally are fucked in the head, all the sugar must make them addicted. Also how much does any government actually do to stop this epidemic, I don't see much news about it in the UK at least.

> tldr: give them more food

brilliant

You idea does help eliminate the "a burger is $1 but a salad is $7.50!!!" excuse. Especially if these meals are very well labeled. For example, giving %DV for a 1200, 1500, and 2000 calorie diet.
And also not labeling things as "small, med, large" but with volume measurements (since it's the lovely U S of A) or weight measurements.
For example:

1 container rice, cooked (100g)
calories | %DV 1200 | %DV 1500 | %DV 2000
130 calories | 11% | 9% | 7%
28 g carbs | X% | Y% | 9%

>obesity problem

too many simple carbs plus a sedentary lifestyle.

sugar products should have a high tax, like cigarettes. good luck with that though.

No that theory is wrong. Junk food addicts are a minority, most eat it out of convenience is my theory. If healthy food is more convenient they'll go for that.
>Fat people DO NOT want to fix their problem.
And this is totally untrue, as I said if it was true the diet industry wouldn't be booming. They just don't want to put in the effort so make it effortless! it's not rocket science
I thought Veeky Forums claimed to be smart
>sugar products should have a high tax
My idea is actually similar to that, it's creating a price difference in favour of healthy food except my way is to subsidize healthy food as opposed to taxing unhealthy food. I think my way is better because responsible eaters of junk don't get penalized. Also taxing food is kind of a slippery slope.
Yeah.

just have genocide desu senpai

>My idea is actually similar to that, it's creating a price difference in favour of healthy food except my way is to subsidize healthy food as opposed to taxing unhealthy food. I think my way is better because responsible eaters of junk don't get penalized.

the money would have to come from somewhere. something gets taxed either way, might as well be the food that's causing obesity in the first place.

>sugar products should have a high tax.
Ironically Healthy Food is overpriced, much more expensive & heavily taxed.

>subsidize healthy food
Government subsidize Ill people Welfare, Big Pharma Drugs & Health Care. Only the Treatment but not the Prevention.

Exactly! Radical problems deserve radical solutions. While we're at it we can throw in LGBTP and jews

Stop subsidizing farmers. Fat problem solved overnight. Of course the amount of money spent on subsidizing should be put back into the system via tax cuts to things that create the money for the subsidies in the first place (yes, some of your tax money goes to farmers to make the food you buy.)

Here in america the obesity problem is basically supported by the gov't.

food stamps can buy fast food and junk food no problem. and many poor people dont have the facilities/know how to cook. This problem is compounded by the poorest neighborhoods not having any grocery stores within walking distance, only fast food and corner stores.

Lets tax people based upon their BMI

Taxing is literally how we try to control everything in the US

nobody suggested that. tax shitty food.

can't be worse than paying taxes for the enormous healthcare cost of heart disease, diabetes, etc.

make fat people pay for 'chunky credits' to offset the impact of their fatness, while skinny people can produce these 'chunky credits' to sell to fat people.

I'm a Veeky Forumsizen so I agree 100% with your idea that I should be able to receive government subsidized rice and chicken for below cost. The government should encourage me to maintain my peak fitness to save on health services.

>drinking your calories instead of eating two of those burgers

diet soda is amazing

But Taxing highly addictive food & beverage wont work since people will buy it anyways due to urge.

Such as Alcohol, Soda, Processed Meat, Sweet Candies, Potato Chips, etc.

Obese are addicted to these just like Tobacco or Illegal Drugs such as Cocaine, Marijuana, Meth.

Would be funny if Taxing Caloric Food make Small Stores try to evade Taxes creating a sort of Illegal Black Market.

I propose a sliding-scale tax fat for adults and families.

.25% income tax for each point of BMI above 25 in a household.

.5% income tax for each point of BMI above 30 in a household.

Both of these BMI taxes may be waived on an individual if that individual has less than say 20% body fat for males, and say 22% for females. this will allow for the fat tax exempt status for those individuals who are in fact rather healthy but appear as 'overweight' when using BMI scales due to muscle mass.