If chinks are so smart, why weren't they able to develop a better language?

If chinks are so smart, why weren't they able to develop a better language?

Every other culture in the world was able to create an alphabet of 20-30 characters that can be combined in various ways to represent nearly anything. Chinks, however, in their quest to develop a system of recording and transmitting information, end up with thousands of pictures that take forever to draw, and, if that isn't enough, chink languages are tonal, meaning a bunch of the words are phonetically the same, but have a different meaning based on whether you keep the tone of the vowel sounds constant, raise it, lower it, raise it then lower it, lower it then raise it, etc.

You'd think that for all of their "intelligence" they'd have a more efficient and less convoluted clusterfuck of a communication system.

Discuss.

>chink languages are tonal, meaning a bunch of the words are phonetically the same
Dumbass.

There is their language and they're very different from ours phonetically. Where do you think people get the idea to wear out words like that? I wouldn't read to much into it because I've read that this isn't a very important thing. I mean, bear with me, even a big ugly black bear has to alter tone when making the same roar.

Japanese hiragana and katakana are literally "sound-it-out" (the symbols represent the actual sounds)

The existence of spelling-bees should tell you who has the worst language.

>implying
Sanskrit is objectively the greatest language to ever exist.

But then they went and adopted Kanji.

The English language has ~44 sounds, and 26 letters. Why is this? Wii don't wee riit liik this eeven if it is mor fonetik? Wii doon't wee hav moor vaowels despiite haveeng moor than menee uther laangwijes that olsoo uuz thu Latin alfubet?

The Korean alphabet has 20 letters, and 6 of those are just to soften or emphasize their core of only 14 letters.

This. Korean alphabet is godly.

You can literally learn it in two hours, and be able to read any korean word. You won't know what you're reading, but it'll sound correct.

the real answer is because of late* (no i did not make a mistake) unification

so really it's just egyption hieroglyphics eh for comparison

eh developed into shorthand and letters ONLY because of cultural decentralization, ie there is breakaway between classes and the knowledge to fully write in hieroglyphs was maintained only by a few so the shorthand become much more common
after a thousand more years foreigners who traded with those who only used shorthand adopted the shorthand instead of hieroglyphs to represent their own language

and same did not happen in china with a fully employed class to support the system and a unified centralized culture that does not need a continous dynasty to support etc, so even with the loss of lands the language passed on

ipso facto chinese are smarter

First of all, you used "chink" in your question. Not a higher thinking word don't you think?
Second, language and brain processing are not the same. Left/Right brain etc... Please study more before you pose inane questions that the world can see... and you...

>Way don't wi hev moor vaowels dispait javing moor then meni atha lengwijes thet olsoo yuz the Letin elfebet?

>Wii don't wee riit liik this eeven if it is mor fonetik? Wii doon't wee hav moor vaowels despiite haveeng moor than menee uther laangwijes that olsoo uuz thu Latin alfubet?
This garbage actually reminds me of how Dutch looks.

Because their language has co-evolved with their shitty writing system for so long that now it's practically impossible to use any alphabet to write Chinese. There are way too many homophones in Chinese. Writing with letters would make the text too ambiguous.

If you are so smart, how come you can't learn Japanese?

you realize that chinese characters are made of different more elemental characters right? for example, the character ''mother'' has the character ''woman'' in it. is ''thousands of pictures'' literally the only thing you know about chinese writing for you to make a thread complaining about it?

Or uu wriiteeng with u diferent aksent than mee?
That is wun reezun Eenglish canot bee chaanjd - evereewun sez thu saam wurdz diferentlee. For exampl: ii saa tumaato, uu saa toomaato.

(If anyone is curious, my logic for the double vowels is that they are equivalent to the vowel sound when followed by a silent "e")

Because they are not as creative as whites

>this culture is different than mine therefore dumb!

First of all they cant even make writing because their eyes are slants and they cant see good
Of course that makes sense you stupid dyke

Because "Chinese" doesn't exist.
There's only written Chinese and a load of different languages which all use written Chinese as a writing system.

You could write English in Hanzi just fine, because that's the concept behind them.

Because they're smart enough to remember all those characters :^)

There is no BEST language, all languages can express the same ideas (some easier than others).

You question is like saying why not use Cartesian coordinates for all graphs... spherical,cylindrical, etc. are all just as good... but certain equations are MUCH easier in certain coordinate systems, just like some idea are much easier to express in some languages

Mein Afrikaan

Did he died? MMA'd that fucker

Korean is the product of a emperor going "We need a writing system like our enemies have, so lets get together sit down and plan one out in a manner as easy to use and learn as possible for even peasantry"
Chinese is the first emperor going "Well shit we already have a written language and cant stray TOO far from it, so when we rework it into simplified chinese we have to keep most of the old shit or no one will use it"
Jap is "Well we have a writing system but our vocal language is kinda shit so we have to compensate, and we need a separate system for those filthy gaijin words we love for some reason, but hey it makes sense at least when you understand the language even if its a bitch to learn"
Korean : 10/10
Japanese : 4/10
Chinese : 1.5/10

I honest had no idea that Roos included the choke hold in their fighting repertoire. I think the other was still alive.
Roo fights to win... Roo Don't play

I legit thought he was gonna just pull a bloodsport Chong Li and do a quick neck snap
Game over

if the tones differ then how are they phonetically the same.

They actually make reading a lot easier

There were pushes back in the day to drop kanji entirely but they mostly fizzled out

That brutal kick on the grounded roo at 0:10 is really what did the job

Dipthongs retard.

more like "we need a writing system that isn't garbage like this chink shit we've been using. fuck the chinks!"

you know you dont read a word letter by letter. you see the drawing. the word mother. you dont read mot- heyr, bee: beh eh, but you read door like doh-ohr and blood like bloh-ohd,

chinks str8 up simplify. drawings for meanings

Fuck, you guys are PAINFULLY retarded.
First off, most Hanzi are actually pictophonetic, meaning that one character implies it's meaning, while one implies it's sound.
Chinese isn't difficult to learn, more than it's tedious, and all languages are tedious to learn, in fact there's lots of cool shit you can do with chinese just because of it's logography.
Nah, it's Mayan, Sanskrit comes close though.

>The symbol representa the actual sound

So, like spanish