I want to read something that will blow my mind, destroy my preconceptions of the universe, and trigger my imagination

I want to read something that will blow my mind, destroy my preconceptions of the universe, and trigger my imagination.

What do I read?

Other urls found in this thread:

markmanson.net/7-books
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody else will recommend it, but perhaps... a book?

my diary desu

moj dnevnik

see what i mean. this many posts and not one recommendation for a book, only diaries and slavic trash. it's like they nobody here even swallowed any redpills or knows that you have to buy hardcover books that aren't by penguin because they won't last and they look like shit on your shelf and only plebs buy secondhand

moj dnevnik means my diary. So no slavic trash. Only diaries.

see what i mean. only slavic diaries. nobody here even understands that diaries are just spooks perpetrated by liberal cucks who hang out on /pol/ and sometimes invade Veeky Forums with questions about what to use as bookmarks

Mi diario

The Phenomenology of Spirit.

see what i mean. only red-hot, south of the border, arriba arriba andale andale slavic diaries. it's like nobody here even knows tfw prosefags buy wordsworth classic editions and dont even knwo that wordsworth doesnt publish finnegans wake (at least not with the patrician cover)

O meu diario

finally, someone who gets it. this, desu. have you tried reading user's diary in portugese? it really put me onto some higher level thinking. like od'ing on redpills straight from the golden triangle

我的日记也

It's in galician actually

yeah, but i can't read galician. i'm trying to fit in here on Veeky Forums and it wouldn't be kosher to recommend a book i'd never read.

make sure you add a 也 and then you can sound like Kong Yiji. That'll really blow OP's mind

>od'ing on redpills

1/ read the Dao De Jing
2/ compare all available translations
3/ ????
4/ profit

this opened my 4th eye

sounds like you're hungry for some juicy pop-science, my man

>only plebs buy secondhand
no

this

Nothing that is a definite truth van be mind blowing, since to be proven true it must use a pure and indoubitable line of logic. Once you heard it, the truth would just seem completley obvious and unimpressive. If something is mind blowing (in the traditional sense) then its probably just lieing to you on some level. If you are honestly interested in actual philosophy regarding mind bending universal truths, I may suggest reading Meditations by Descartes, and if you are further enticed by the topic afterwords you can also read Crtique of Pure Reason by Kant.

And unless you're a trolling for (you)'s with this post, you should know what you said is one of the most contrived and (generally considered here) parochial view of philosophic literature one could have. Some here may even go as far to call you a pseudointellectual, although I personally withold that judgement on most accounts, since generally it is applied to ideological misunderstanding rather than blatant lack of knowledge.

Sophies world by jostien gaardner

Read 'Old Man Basking in the Sun: Longchenpa's Treasury of Natural Perfection'

明白矣

infinite jest by david foster wallace

This book is an intro to philosophy course badly disguised as a terrible novel. Nothing more.

There's any number of people depending on what you've been exposed to.
Carl Jung, Terence Mckenna, Julian Jaynes, Joseph Campbell,

Or just try anything from the tryptamine family.

Dark Matter

What the fuck are you talking about you dumb delusional fucking retard. God damn you people are pedantic. OP just wants to go "woah." That's all. There is neither contrived views of philosophy nor pseudointellectualism here.

markmanson.net/7-books

this

The Divine Milieu.

this

Shut the fuck up, go crawl back under the rock you use to hide from books and human experience in general you fucking halfwit.

Hey OP, try Illuminatus! If that does it for you, follow up with Schrodinger's Cat. If Illuminatus doesn't seem your style, jump immediately into Cosmic Trigger.

RAW in general tries to cultivate those brain knotty sensations and his number one goal of writing is to destroy peoples beliefs in everything.

THISSS

What is it like living in the most beautiful part of the world?

Not him, but I can't complain, really.

>implying anyone can understand Hegel

mon journal peh

>I'm a brainlet who can't understand basic dialectics

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

maybe he's just in a mood

The communist manifesto

老子的日记

Golden thread.

>dialectics

scientology is a money grubbing cult you retard

Ulysses
At Swim, Two Birds
The Divine Comedy
The Iliad
Crime and Punishment

Now go away

minun päiväkirjani

This.

>dark
You mean black? Black lives matter?

drama like that gets harder to come by as you read more/age.
A Clockwork Orange rocked my world when i was 11, later when i read Twain i got it more.

the abyss by oliver sacks

you can find it free online, it's the only thing I've cried reading in years