Online lectures

Post some online lectures
youtube.com/user/PhiloofAlexandria

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9GwT4_YRZdBf9nIUHs0zjrnUVl-KBNSM
youtube.com/watch?v=NNnIGh9g6fA&list=PL848F2368C90DDC3D
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL11B4EB334188B3A3
courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:HarvardX HUM2x 2T_2017/courseware/def9c2580ade4db0bf13f2ae789b9d0d/2880347f13a548d19f925fb9a1219ab4/#welcome-to-the-ancient-greek-hero-in-24-hours-child
youtu.be/ZHK1fJjiXRg
youtube.com/watch?v=gwUJHNPMUyU
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtOeEc9ME62zTfqc0h6Pe8vb
torrentproject.se/?t=TTC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bumping because I'm looking for some myself

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9GwT4_YRZdBf9nIUHs0zjrnUVl-KBNSM

This one is on human behavioural biology, but the prof is really good and it tackles a lot of interesting (though surface level) problems in the phil of science

youtube.com/watch?v=NNnIGh9g6fA&list=PL848F2368C90DDC3D

Teaching Company

Utopia and Terror in the 20th Century
From Yao to Mao
Aztec to Maya: Ancient Mesoamerica
The Irish Identity: Independence, History, and Literature
Paleontology
Great Greeks
Great Romans
Cooking Made Easy: Mediteranean
Lost Worlds of South America
Barbarians of the Steppes
african experience from lucy to mandela
The Discovery of Ancient Civilizations (Part I & II): Brian Fagan ...

Yale Open Courses
Financial Markets (2011)
The American Revolution
France Since 1871
Introduction to the New Testament History and Literature
The American Novel Since 1945

Stanford Open
The Historical Jesus

I do about a full lectures a week, teaching company plus streaming for 19 bucks is totally worth it if you can swing it.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL11B4EB334188B3A3

courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:HarvardX HUM2x 2T_2017/courseware/def9c2580ade4db0bf13f2ae789b9d0d/2880347f13a548d19f925fb9a1219ab4/#welcome-to-the-ancient-greek-hero-in-24-hours-child

does that site give you typical video series?

>teaching company + streaming for 19 bucks...

What did he mean by this?

Don't you have to buy like 200 bucks just to get one course? I've downloaded a lot of them thus far.

No you can pirate them, and greatcoursesplus.com gives you great courses netflix. not to shill, but its pretty great to have it streaming on your ipad while you workout or work.

The best there is :
youtu.be/ZHK1fJjiXRg

youtube.com/watch?v=gwUJHNPMUyU

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtOeEc9ME62zTfqc0h6Pe8vb

>john greene
No thanks!

>Teaching Company
Another fan here. I feel like I've pirated enough courses for a lifetime's education.

Favourite lecturers?
>Kenneth Harl
Enjoyed all three series by him that I've done. They're all long and very detail oriented which is a nice companion to the more general, sweeping history courses.
>Elizabeth Vandiver
Her course on Greek myth in particular is a nice primer, especially when she's talking about the different approaches to myth.

Ed Barnhart, Vejas Gabriel Liulevicius, and J. Rufus Fears are mine.

Kenneth W. Harl is also quite good, and I especially enjoy that he has a grim sense of humor about horrible things. What annoys me is that he doesnt do a lecture on his focus, which is Byzantium.

They are so expensive and I can never find a torrent of the lectures I want that have any seeds. Am I really expected to pay 250$ for a fucking lecture?

>Vejas Gabriel Liulevicius
Have his Espionage course on my list.

Re: Harl and Byzantium see pic related.

You can pay 19 a month to stream or use something like torrentproject.se/?t=TTC to source them from open torrents.

thats not on plus, will pirate

I read that their pricing is to target libraries rather than individuals. But someone obviously pointed out them missing a huge market hence their near constant sales and their recent expansion into a subscription model.

And torrenting wise, private sites can be helpful. MAM is relatively easy to join, maintain ratio, and has lots and lots of courses.

This is nice, thank you.

ye

Did I read somewhere that Plus is video lectures only? If they did audio too I'd be tempted to just pay up for the subscription and probably find a way to rip and archive them for myself anyway.

I just read a news article in a business magazine that in the first year they picked up 75k subscribers in their streaming service.

Yes, but what surprised me is their backlog, audio lectures id already taken but were filmed in like 2006, ie all of their lectures were video initially.

I play them in the background while I play games or exercise or cook or whatever so its all the same for me.