>all dialogue written in IPA to reflect characters' accents

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry's_law
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What the fuck is IPA?

India Pale Ale :^)

internal postmodern analogies

International Phonetic Alphabet.

If you don't know that get off this board.

waJ dəʊnt juː gəʊ fʌk jɔːˈsɛlf, juː ˈkʌk

heh

Characters only debate about the meaning of the title of the chapter they're in.
The title of the chapter they're in describe the way they will debate on the title itself.

Someday there will be a book that does this, and someday I'll find that book, and not long from then, I'll read the page on which it happens, and that day will be the worst of my life.

All pages are blank. The reader must create his own book. Author's dead, yo. It's going to be a trilogy too. Titles are: "The Lone Enemy", "The Golden Pancake" and "Retrieval".

I would actually enjoy that, provided it's well written. But then I'm a linguist who studies dialects and accent changes.

interesting rendering of yourself
mind me asking where you're from?

Anyone have any guide to being able to decipher IPA? Everything I've ever read already assumes I know what I'm doing and I don't.

I'd suggest you to start with the phonology of your native tongue in IPA, so you can associate phonemes. Then read on the different features of each sound, listen to the differences, and progress by drawing comparison between known languages. A decent understanding of the anatomy of the vocal apparatus is necessary as well.

t h i c c c c c

>The locations travelled to in the book map out a giant penis across a map of western Europe.

>For added difficulty, the plot becomes circular, with the final location overlapping with the first and the time it was in the beginning of the novel.

>>For added difficulty, the plot becomes circular, with the final location overlapping with the first and the time it was in the beginning of the novel.
gravity's rainbow?

>The locations travelled to in the book map out a giant penis across a map of western Europe.
Holy... I want more.

>a novel about a slogan writer working for the advertising industry, composed entirely in cliches, dead metaphors and rhetoric

joyce already did this

>it's a poem in hexameter
>the capital letters spell out a crown of sonnets
>each sonnet has an acrostic

half the book is just blank pages and rest of the book is just footnotes referring to made up sources, if you somehow decode the message of the book you'll get a youtube link to juju on the beat, including a full tutorial on how to hit the nae nae

If you read the first letter of every sentence contained in this 1800 pages book, you'll get a short review and essay on the book itself.

Odd that Veeky Forums (and Veeky Forums in general) usually has a hard time defining or identifying postmodernism but most of these ideas actually pass as postmodern.

Eh, we're just thinking about what being META looks like, that doesn't mean that we know what postmodernism is.

this one's great

Holy shit, Katie has really let herself go. I guess she's married now.

this is literally the worst transcription I've ever seen

also telling a cuck to go fuck themselves is incoherent. you should be telling them to go watch someone else fuck themself.

postmodernism is a concept that necessitates a fluid definiton

>no assimilation between "don't" and "you"
>no / /
>no weak forms

You're shit

actually pronunciations require [brackets] and /slashes/ denote what's stored in the individual's phonology

muphry's law lol

>muphry's law

I feel like we're going in circles.

good, because that's the joke

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry's_law

I know what Murphy's law is you nigger, jees.

lmao you better click the link anyway :-)

Well shit.

wa͡J ɾõ t͡ʃu: go͡ʊ fʌk jɚsɛlf ju: kʰʌk

>PoMo
Pretty sure every reference to po-mo on this board comes from the place of sheer ignorance to the possibility that po-mo was a term invented by the literati to sell more of their shit variations on modernism. Personally, I'd like to see a solid argument for why technology has had a relevant enough of an impact into the modern psyche to disrupt consciousness and thereby merit new literature (notice: I am not saying this is the only catalyst to necessitate literary change), but I'm not particularly convinced that the likes of Ruggles, let alone Robert fucking Coover and his ilk, were somehow prophetically plugged into this phenomenon like 40 years ago. I think until that argument is made (and no I don't expect any of you fucks to give me that grave of an argument on this gone-to-shit-board), we might want to adhere to Wittgenstein's final proposition of the Tractatus.