Uni Thread

> College/University
> Major
> Rate the program
> Desired future field

How many times are we going to have this thread?

i wonder might be interested in this

University of Nottingham
Genetics
Bretty gud
Making superhumans

Nice I've just graduated with a Genetics Msci from Nottingham

Uc irvine
Computer science
pretty gr8, definitely getting better each year
Software development

Karolinska institutet
Medicine
Great
Medicine

Cornell.
Dual in Physics & Robotics.
I honestly don't know because it's the only one I know so I can't compare it to others.
I want to be a NEET. A dirty rich NEET.

University College Cork
Chemistry
10/10
Pharmaceuticals

Thinking about transferring for Computer science, the algorithms specialization looks pretty interesting. How are the professors/ other students?

Algorithm specialization, sounds interesting. Could you elaborate?

I'm failing my calculus class. I have my final on friday and I need a 87 to get a C.

I just want to do Chemical Engineering senpai! I'm golden on chemistry, like the back of my hand. Damn logical thinking!

Miami Dade College
chemical engineering
barely started/10
Oil in the Midwest

(from website)
Algorithms. This specialization focuses on fundamental computational techniques, including their analysis and applications to topics in computer vision, computer games, graphics, artificial intelligence, and information retrieval. Topics include data structures, graph and network algorithms, computational geometry, probabilistic algorithms, complexity theory, and cryptography.

required upper div classes:
COMPSCI 162 Formal Languages and Automata
COMPSCI 163 Graph Algorithms
COMPSCI 164 Computational Geometry and Geometric Modeling
COMPSCI 165 Project In Algorithms And Data Structures
COMPSCI 167 Introduction to Applied Cryptography
COMPSCI 169 Introduction to Optimization

I see, this is similar to what I am doing. Pretty cool.

lmfao, if you cannot do calculus, you are not worthy of engineering.

Cal poly SLO
Math + CS
Pretty okay, wish there was more theory & research
Machine Learning

Planeptune University
Lesbian Goddess Worship
10/10
Carpet muncher

University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Electrical Engineering

idk I think it is like mid tier or lower? not that great but better than nothing

Junior this year, plan on electromagnetics+RF, might be interested in analog circuit design or photonics if I like the classes. Applying for top MS programs next year and if I like it might try for PhD afterwards.

*EPFL
*EE (Masters student)
*I think it is ranked highly in the world and honestly the professors seem way better than my undergrad ones (Bsc in USA)
*currently studying analog, mixed signal, and RF design. For minor im planning on biomedical tech or space tech. Might try stay for phd afterwards, might just try to find work in the US though

I'm about to start an Actuarial science degree. I'll be taking Calculus, Algebra and Analytical geometry with math majors.

What do you consider to be "essential memorized concepts" that I should have fresh in my mind before starting?

I know how to derivate and integrate, and I can understand everything from high school math, but I haven't memorized formulas. I know one of the whole points of college math is understanding the theory behind formulas instead of memorizing, but I guess some previous knowledge must be essentialy memorized first.

What's campus life like at Cornell, I might go there soon.

UChicago
Math
It's hard, and they only do pure stuff, so it's great.
Pure math (probably something in analysis?)

Which calculus? What calculus credit do you have already?

Well, I took derivative and integral calculus in high school. Of course, this was a high school approach (use this formula for this case, use this another formula for this one, solve these kinds of problems with this).

Now I'm going to take derivative and integral calculus again, but with the approach of the math department. In other words, it will be heavy on proofs and it will focus on what happens behind the scenes rather than just solving uncountable integrals.

Given the nature of the course, I think I'm searching for a solid base for proofs. I'm already reading Velleman's "How to prove it", so that kind of covers "the mindset aspect" but I want some suggestions to cover the "toolset aspect". Right now, the only thing that comes to my mind is learning (memorizing) properties of natural, rational, irrational and real numbers, as well as trigonometric identities.

What else could help?

Do you remember the delta-eplison part of the limit definition? If not, I would go touch up on that. Is it going to be multivariate?

The program has great professors, but depending on certain upper div classes, you'll get some shit professors that are only there because of research.

The students are smart, but fairly introverted and shy. If you want to meet people in CS who are more open, try joining an ICS related club when you get here.

I feel like CS is more about searching/figuring out answers or solutions yourself. The professor is just there to show you the way/clarify things.

Florida Gulf Coast University

Biochemistry

Overall the chem program has some really good professors, lots of undergrad students are going to really good chemistry schools

Graduate program for chemistry, probably will go for organic synthesis, polymer synthesis, or NMR

UNAM
Physics
All the shit it gets is because they let every nigger in, but i would rate it 8/10 for theoretical shit and 5/10 for experimental.
Research

How do you plan on becoming a rich NEET?

How's the second and third years m8? You get good work experience?

I've just turned 18, on my final year of school
My high school doesn't teach physics and calculus
I've decided to study physics and calculus in my own spare time and attempt physics at the school exams in november
Since I have limited spare time to study physics and exams are in 3 months, which are the most important topics in physics for me to study?
Should I attempt the two biggest physics papers and aim for good marks (mechanics and electricity/magentism) or should I study all 3 exam papers offered (mechanics, electricity/magnetism, and wave systems) and aim to pass
Mechanics paper when passed gives 6 credits, electricity/magentism paper passed gives 6 credits, wave systems paper passed gives 4 credits.
Which physics topics are the most important to learn if I want to attempt a physics course at university?

UC San Diego
Math
It seems good. Classes are rigorous and you can take grad classes if you meet the requirements (have taken analysis and algebra)
Looking at mathematical physics for grad school

UC Berkeley
CS + Applied Math
It's bredy gud but the CS program is being flooded bc CS has become such a meme and it's super easy to declare it, so there are a lot of code monkeys but also a lot of really smart people
Probably algo trading, machine learning

I haven't looked into Berkeley yet, how are the faculty? I am considering it for graduate school (machine learning, mathematical computing).

ay i'm a pre-frosh going there this fall and planning on majoring in math. any advice?

The faculty here are really pretty amazing from my experience (current undergrad), passionate and just nice people. I've talked with grad students here and at MSRI and they all really seemed to love the faculty and campus as a whole, but housing and the general cost of living are stupidly high. The math, CS, and stats programs here are amazing (Michael Jordan works here, after all)

>> UC Cork
>> CompSci
>> Early days, I'll wait for postgraduate to get judgemental
>> AI integrated biomechatronics

Alright there boi

are you a senior or..?
im taking joint math-econ but im only a freshman

eyy fellow Mick.

>Trinity College Dublin
>Maths and Economics
>8-9/10
>Finance or Management Consultancy

Chalmers university of technology
3rd year undergrad in Mechanical engineering, think I will choose a master program in Applied mechanics
Mostly great so far
Future: most likely something involving Computational fluid mechanics

>stony brook
>CS
>not-meme tier. feels very "average state school" but the seniors i've met ended up in good places
>security is probably my most realistic bet; other than that the generic high demand fields (ml/ai/qit)

> Lund University in Sweden
> Just finished Physics bachelor, going on to Nanoscience
> Depends on your goals. If you want an easy time it's great. No work needed, even though it's a respected school. If you want to learn, you're shit out of luck. The exams are all based on cut and paste questions and actually studying the material is a distraction that will just lead to failure. aka you're rewarded for surface learning
> Ideally working for a computer type company working on some nano bullshit.

Local noname
Maths/CS
0/10 because my parents forced me to
Killing myself in 5 years

Heyo
Country could do with some decent economists..

Probably not going to go into the civil service lol.

Sure tis a steady wage boi

> College/University
University of Oslo
> Major
Physics
> Rate the program
It's ok
> Desired future field
Welfare sounds nice

You'll get steadier wages in the private sector, although you actually have to work.

I'm joking user..

I know, O'Mhurcú.

>Uni
>Major
Math A.S. then Math/Secondary Education B.Sc
>Rate the program
First semester desu senpai.
>Desired future field
Doing math edu research 'cuz I'm not a smug cunt pure mathfag.

DU
Information Technology
5/10
World Domination

whats a DU

Request for Worcester State University? Considering it for Chem. Doctorate.

> New College at Florida (Honors College of University at Sarasota)
> Mathematics
> 9/10
> Math Teacher as a crutch to get tenure and go back for a Ph.D. in Educational Administration/Psychology

Going to study in Jyväskylä University
Physics
No clue, hoping I'll survive
Particle physics 'n' sheet

Nordic physics lads, is there any exchange between nordic universities? Also norgefag don't you dare go on welfare after uni you pos

man i was strongly considering going there, how is it?