The "#Alt-Woke" Manifesto

What does Veeky Forums think about this manifesto? Does it present it's ideas well?

>docs.google.com/document/d/1yd_6E2L9zkRddkEZDXUdSKyeV5J2MA4Uu_nSCkcPAic/mobilebasic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uhU0hRng-eE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think the fact that /pol/ lionizes Sam Harris, but has none of his intelligence or empathy is a tragedy.

I think any manifesto or rigid codification of thoughts is 200 years out of date, and that any individual of note should form his own opinions based on current data at any time.

After a brief read, I would say that manifesto deserves a delete, and that you should go read some Stendahl or perhaps late Junger.

Cringey as fuck

all political work since industrialization has been the masses wimpering despair preceding their accelerating spiral into existence as the meaty Legos of the techno elite

> any manifesto or rigid codification of thoughts is 200 years out of date
> ANY manifesto or rigid codification of thoughts

Does your post count as a rigid codification of thoughts, or a shitpost, or both?

It is inconsistent in places and lacks definition of terms (i.e. `liberal`) It needs to establish the context it is operating on/within/forward from.

The third bullet of `Poiesis` touches on something Evgeny Morozov talked about awhile back ( youtube.com/watch?v=uhU0hRng-eE ) but the overall tone of the manifesto does not really drive home the point that so many problems are _cultural_ not _technological._

I have strong doubts that the dessicated corpse of anarcho-capitalism this thing is constructed upon has the capacity to support a society that actually solves the problems you're trying to solve.

i was more or less with it until
>Had radical academics succeeded, there might’ve been more legitimacy in the fight to combat climate change. Or traditional journalism wouldn’t have been so easily defeated by post-facts information economy. What we have now is a new Scholasticism of students & professors as clergy dominated by an agitated, anti-intellectual populist bloc.
which led me to:

Sounds like a disullusioned Antifa phaggit manifesto.
What's the endgame? Validate their deviant lifestyles.No doubt the writer gets aids from a shared heroin needle in between orgy sessions. they are the ones losing terribly in this culture war.

>Xenofeminism. Technology is the missing component of intersectional politics. Eurocentrism and phallocentrism are obsolete, despite the Right’s best efforts. Queer is a verb, not a noun. If nature’s oppressive, change nature. Normalize “deviance.”
Lmao is this nigger serious.

Mfw i see """left accelerationist""" posts on my fb

It's brilliant.

You are not as smart as Nick Land. The sooner you get over that, the sooner you will be able to produce non-meme work.

"The ends always justify the means." this is complete hogwash.

1. Every difference makes a difference. the actual result of your actions will result from the particulars of the actions themselves. You cannot simply separate means and ends as things that can be evaluated independent of one another.
2. This ignores psychology. Do you really want to have a bunch of bloodthirsty people standing around feeling like they've "won" something? This is a recipe for a runaway death spiral.

>mfw lifestylist edgelords think they can defeat capitalism with muh consumer ideology

Bookchinism-Apoism is the way forward for the Left,deal with it

I agree with the premises at the beginning and the description of the current state of the left in 2017. However, it devolves into the misguided ramblings of "disullusioned Antifa phaggit".

"AltWoke is not merely analogous to the Alt-Right." This statement is hilarious because the whole manifesto is describing how the left can change to replicate the success of the alt-right. I suspect the author is self-aware of this and maybe a little jealous.

At the end of the day this movement lacks any real potential. It simply lacks any sort of audience or popularity. It's too edgy and esoteric. The alt-right thrives on the web by appealing to embittered young men with few prospects and a shattered ideal of a romanticized past glory. Fascism is in some ways a fundamental part of modernism and maybe an even more fundamental part of postmodernism. the alt-left on the other hand is contrived.

Any attempt at a "culture war" with the right will ultimately be self-defeating at this stage because it will drive more and more rational people to the right in response. America is made up of middles- middle-aged, middle-american, middle income people for whom the left will always be more alienating than the right. And once you have the left commiting violence and sneering at the every-day people, it will only lead to free helicopter rides. I guess what I'm saying is that there is no way out for the left, at least for the next few decades.

Also I would like to point out:
"A group of New York-based Left Accelerationists affiliated with The New Centre have published their polemics in a hyperstitionally-titled #AltWoke Manifesto. In their own words, the text is, “the work of user. We are a collective of “Other.” Some of us are sex workers, some immigrants, many of us queer. There are even a few privileged white cucks amongst us. Never the less, user is largely the work and brainchild of People of Color (PoC). Our social disciplines are as varied as our identities: from Journalists to dominatrixes. user are the intellectual cousins of #BlackLivesMatter divorced from liberalism.”

lol, alt-right made the left reactionary, I love it.

Despite the loud trumpeting of their subaltern bona fides, this reads like white radicals wishing they were black.

Is it the 60s again?

holy....i want more

spooks

Focus more on Darwinism.

"largely" of course means "at least one"

post-ironic shitpost 2bh senpai

The problem is that it puts emphasis on the dichotomy between left and right without being aware of the paradigm shift to establishment/populist discourse necessary when tackling figures like trump

This p much. Reads like any number of 60s radical manifestos that was lifted out of Marcuse and Fanon.

nobody gives a fuck what you think

get back to work dumbass