Uni thread

Uni thread

Whom else is here?

UC irvine here

Spent a week over at UCSB(specifically, del playa in IV) and I don't understand how you can focus with all the parties, liter, homeless people everywhere. And there's 0 fucking parking, fuck that place. It's lots of fun though when you do wanna party.

>University of Casual Sex and Booze

i seriously don't understand how the supreme gentleman went here and couldn't pull any ass.

he was simply too nice of a guy.

I don't understand either. Parties every night of the week wth drunk ass whores walking around the streets all night.

Women probably sensed how autistic he was right off the bat.
Sad he couldn't even fake being a douche or something with his bmw to get laid or something.

If I knew him I think I could've gotten him laid with an uggo at least once.

He didn't go there though. He went to the shitty CC down the street.

Where the FUCK are my cornhuskers at? Ive seen at least 1 other user that browses Veeky Forums here.

Even then, tons of people from that CC come and party in Isla Vista

How does it feel to be the only big 10 school not in the Association of American Universities?

Feels alright. Only here two more years and it is free. Plan on applying to much better schools for grad school so dont think employers will care either

California State Polytechnic University, Pomona

Pure math/ physics major here.

TFW comfy summer classes for math.

I'm kidding lol, I like Nebraska. In my experiences you guys have the nicest fans out of any of the B1G schools.

I also want to go on the record saying Michigan fans fucking suck.

i was on the Navy base an hour south of there and i went to isla vista to pick up skanks.

Masters of feeling horribly insecure here

I attend a college in the Nebraska State College System. Believe it or not, we do at least one program better than UNL, UNO, or UNK.

My brother and his wife are huskers and both of them browse Veeky Forums.

Are you presenting at the Nebraska Academy of Sciences this spring? I scooped that sweet fellowship grant.

yeee i fucked around at sbcc for ya year
i have schiod personlity disorder and other people weird me out and i stil pullled qts evrytime i went out location is great

too fucking devothough evergreen state is more lit -3
fuck me dad

Never heard of it desu. Might have to look into it next year (senior).Have done a UCARE project last year and plan on doing some undergrad research this year (not through a program, just emailed a professor).

He was social incapable and probably never even tried. He expected women to just come up to him and worship him.

Id expect a few purduefags on here

>tfw no free rec cen membership over the summer

Be me >go outside
>walk into the loudest party
>grabbed by multiple women every 10 minutes to dance
>I'm 6'2 so it's not hard
> see the right girl 7/10 bounce through the gate
>she bumps into me
>excus.... I cut her off
>did you come here to dance ?
>she grabs me
>1 minute later
>twerking on my dick with head between her ankles
>really going ham
>turns out she was a gymnast
>lights and cameras on us everywhere
>pull her up and say we should get out of here
>try to leave but it's a dead end alley
>conveint dirty fouton
>getting sloopy top
>look up and see 7 phones on me
> my wiener is now snapchat famous in IV
I have tons of similar stories and I have also never had a gf, a sexual relationship beyond one nighters, and do not experience any feelings for my sexual partners. Half the time I would take a lady home and would lose my erection because things got too intimate.

All you have to do to get laid in IV is go outside. Being tall, handsome, and knowing what to say helps too.

I just wish I could love another human being

UC Berkeley, any golden bears?

UCLA math here

I go there famalam, just finished soph year of chemE

Starting this fall. What should I expect?

I go to shitty state school cus I will long have any debt once I graduate. Just wanna finish already desu.

I don't have to go to college because I'm smart enough to read a book by myself and self teach me stuff instead of a brainlet who needs teachers to learn something, and also rich so I'll never need to get a job and thus never get a degree.

Only brown UC Lower Achiever bears

I'll be going there this fall. Have you basked in Tao's presence? What should I expect

>Go to state school

>Still 50k+ debt

Fuck me

Which major? I'm doing EE. I'm gonna have to grind extra hard to make my resume look polished once I start looking for jobs. Doesn't help a UC is really close to my shit school. Just wanna kms

Just finished frosh year. En route to Aerospace Engineering. Working in a SmallSat lab atm on radios and communications with pay considered an untaxable scholarship. Grants+scholarships basically paying me to go to school. First name basis with my profs

feelsgoodman

that is MIT? or university of michigan?

University of Minnesota

Jew U gave me 0 financial aid and expected my parents to pick up the 62k tab for the first year

>go to cheap state school
>kick metric ton of ass
>get into really good grad school

Is it possible Veeky Forums? Please be honest...

I'd transfer from the state school to a research institute as soon as you can. As long as you do well in classes, it's usually easier to transfer than to be outright accepted

What school and what major

You should be able to get a job/go to grad school for almost anything but seriously there is a major or class for absolutely anything so its not like there is a blanket experience.

Is this true? Any experience with this stuff?

Is there research there to participate in or can you get some research experience somewhere? That will help for sure. My undergrad school wasnt and still isnt even ranked for EE on most lists and I got into a top 5 EE masters (went to a european uni for funding/neat experience still top 20 or 15 in world). I knew some from EE went to stanford, umich, berkeley, uiuc and maybe more top 10 schools for phds even

I just graduated from Cornell. I really enjoyed my time there as a CS/Physics major. If you take higher-level math classes, try to take one with Steven Strogatz at some point.
There's a dairy facility, so you'll have great ice cream.
And the gorges, lake, and botanical gardens make for beautiful surroundings. Pic related is Bebe lake at night.

What do you think of UR? I'm looking to go there or UBuff for grad school.

I like it a lot.
The open curriculum in particular is great; only one writing requirement, which can be fulfilled in several ways.

How hard is math at UCLA?

/Mines/?

Got myself a mines park room for next semeter. Hopefully they finish the intersection by then.

Cal CS major here

Universidad de Chile

Any medbro here?

he wasn't into uggos, did you even read his manifesto?!?!?

TomHenry?

Oh wow, i may be TAing you in the fall, not assigned yet to a class but it could potentially be a chemistry class. really didnt think to see anyone else from RPI here.
I've never been other than my admit trip, but the graduate facilities blew my mind. Can you give me any useful information about living in Troy, or the school in general?

>Paying to read books.

Physics/Math, haven't started yet though I might be too brainlet and switch to a meme major

Pretty much, but society demands you hold a $100,000 piece of paper so you can qualify yourself to sit in front of a computer and maybe make $50,000 a year.

This. Anyone who's not a brainlet can probably get most basic undergrad classes done in high school, but the piece of paper matters.

>Nebraska

I plan on going to UCD soon, any advice from you brutally honest faggots:^). Just asking since the Dangerous Faggot spoke there but there was a protest against him and I want to know what I should look out for. Also what are their best programs that you guys could tell me based on your experiences since I am skeptical about US Rankings. And yes I am only able to transfer to UCD since I have 3.2 GPA and not much in extra curriculars to get to that liberally faggoty UCB or Stanford.

not society's fault you picked an expensive school for a shit major

I'm going there next year, freshman.
Hoping to major in math. What should I expect?

>What should I expect?
shitlibs and loads of them.

As a highschool senior who knows the Ivies for nothing but their rep, why would you recommend Cornell to someone?

>whom

any more of you faggots in here?

Same Uni, but
>med
Gross

In the math department? Hard upper divs, some apathetic professors, really interesting topics, some really nice and passionate professors, some pretentious kids, a lot of really smart ones, expensive cost of living, and depending on what you're used to, probably a very hard first semester. It gets easier though, and I have no regrets.

Also people complaining about the school being too liberal don't really know what they're talking about, you'll see when you get here - most students are moderate, and the people who show up on campus and do dumb shit aren't students, just antifa and the alt-right being stupid

Hi

I was looking at doing math there. What do you study?

what year?

S'up fellow CCfag.

Feels nice to pay cheap for Gen Eds desu senpai.

realistically, how hard is college? is the workload more or less than high school?

First 2 years are not really more difficult than highschool. Most people fail or dont succeed because they are either terrible at time management, or terrible at managing their vices once they are living on their own. Workload is 100% manageable if you have good study habits.

oh and the later 2 years do become fairly workload intensive, but at that point you should be treating studying like a job, so spend actual time allocated to each class.

ez pz

op try not to get an std in dp

sup

Warren Towers?

1047 Comm Ave boi. Bow to my in-room laundry and full kitchen.

ay we outchea
have lived there this summer, I'd bet large sums of money it's not done by then

tell the WHOLE DAMN WORLD this is bear territory
MechE here

It's probably one of the most laid back Ivies. I don't mean the coursework is easy, but I think the general attitudes are pretty supportive, and not snobbish at all, which alleviates stress especially in times of academic crisis.

I declined a Berkeley offer for undergrad and grad school.

Why

It depends. I graduated from high school by doing nothing. Once I got into college I had to study nearly every day to pass my courses. High school was easy, uni was hard.

Where did you go instead?

I dont know it depends on the college really. My first two years of college so far have been easier than high school simply because of the time and workload. High school is like 8 hours a day of like 7 or 8 classes in a row. College you might have days with no classes or days with 5 classes. Idk some people find it hard, but to me the lower amount of classes and time spent per day is just way easier.

Anyone go to Strathclyde?

My Nigga. How are thise exams coming along?

Hey! I will soon start my masters at ETH (undergrad from US) and I was wondering how exactly the class, lecture, exam schedule is? The info on their website is somewhat weird?

For example, for spring semester this year it says lectures end June 2nd, but semester exams start May 22nd? And then after that there is gap from June 16th to August 7th and then session exams start until September 1st? Are session exams just like final exams over the previous semester?

First

Shit me too dog, what major?

Prob math/phys, you?

Probably same shit or + CS, I'm an incoming freshman

You faggots are insufferable, almost worse than Stanford

I'm also an incoming freshman, and may also diverge to include CS

Not the same fag, but I go to ucla math.

It honestly varies from class to class, professor to professor. You can have one professor make a class so needlessly tedious & difficult, and others make the class nothing but a joy to be in. The major problem with UCLA's math department is that they've got their head up their asses with how "good" of a school they are. It's with this in mind, that profs make what should be an easy class way too fucking hard for literally no reason. Many professors just read out of a textbook; I've had at least 3 or 4 professors in the math department straight up not knowing what they're teaching. But there are good professors you just have to know you're learning style and be flexible with your scheduling. The Honors classes are fun if you're motivated/interested.

If you're transferring in as a junior, take the Honors Algebra in the fall with professor Richard Elman. Easily best math prof I've ever taken. Definitely recommend the Honors Linear Algebra with David Gieseker, he's old & his lectures are scattered but the class is easy and he's very kind. The professor teaching Honors Analysis, I know nothing about but she did get her PhD under Tao. You can look on the website and see who is teaching what courses in the math department all year so you can look them up online if you want to.

Starting a Masters of Applied Science in Aerospace Engineering in September. I'm doing computational aerodynamics and aerodynamics shape optimization research. Should be good.

Hope you are steering clear of that main groupme. It makes me sweat that the whole school is reddit embodied