Hi Veeky Forums, what are some essential novels everyone should have in their bookshelf? :)

Hi Veeky Forums, what are some essential novels everyone should have in their bookshelf? :)

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/user/show/26492706-jennifer-jacobs
goodreads.com/review/list/26492706-jennifer-jacobs?shelf=hate-manuals-trash-racist-books
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pirde an Perjudice

da Bibbel

The Koran

MY

DIARRHEA

Don't push your books all the way back, cuck.

thank yee

This is from google images, friend :)

unironically this

Is it actually worth reading? The ghost wrighter came out and said it's bullshit but he could be lying due to the timing and other factors.

>have in their bookshelf
>not 'have read'
Let's just rename this place /interior decoration/ and be done with it.

even in spite of libcucks giving it a 1 star rating en masse, it still has a 3.7 rating on goodreads

if you notice every 1 star rating is in 2016, and is like 3 sentences about how much they hate trump

If you want to know more about Trump, what makes him tick, then yes. Otherwise no.

Funny you mention that. I've noticed this shill.
goodreads.com/user/show/26492706-jennifer-jacobs
goodreads.com/review/list/26492706-jennifer-jacobs?shelf=hate-manuals-trash-racist-books

DESU

I take the empty soda cans back to the store, not throw them away

Under the Volcano by Malcolm Lowry.

Shit that's a good fucking novel

Came here to post this.

kill it with fire

"Uhhh yea... this was empty.... could I have my money back?"

that one tiny book reeee

nothing from that bookshelf except Plato

She's not wrong

She has rated numerous books that offended her 1 star that she hasn't even listed. Doesn't even give reviews for majority of them either.

>Herodotus, Dante, Homer
>not essential
also Gilgamesh, Machiavelli, Tolstoy, Wilde, & Darwin are good, though I don't think I'd call them essential

I think they mean putting them on the bookshelf after having been read. Why would people that don't actually read books be on this board? (except for laziness and vanity)

Gilgamesh
Illiad & Odyssey
The Bible
Plato's Republic
Aristotle's collected works
Epictetus' Enchiridion and collected fragments
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
Letters From a Stoic by Seneca

The Prince by Machiavelli
Rules for Radicals by Alinsky
The Wealth of a Nation by Adam Smith
The Road to Serfdom by Hayek
The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money by Keynes
Das Kapital by Marx

Crime and Punishment
Dante's Divine Comedy
Don Quixote
Faust
Lolita
Lord of the Flies
Madame Bovary
Moby Dick
Notes from Underground
Paradise Lost
1984, Brave New World, Animal Farm
The Great Gatsby
The old Man and the Sea
Thus Spake Zarathustra
Invisible Man
Ulysses
War and Peace

>Enchiridion
Mah Nigga

Don't tell what to do with my books, faggot.

>self
I mean, how can you go to all the trouble of making that stupid picture and get it wrong like that. Unless...

Don Quixote, The Brothers Karamazov, The Idiot, Crime and Punishment, Huck Finn, War and Peace, Anna Karenina, Moby-Dick, Madame Bovary, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Frankenstein, Dracula, Siddhartha, Pere Goriot, Gulliver's Travels

I only have three of these, one is read. Shall I give up now?

solid basic list

would replace notes with the brothers if you are going to put 2 for dostoevsky after c&p unless its just for the meme

which 3

>basic

You're so far up your own ass that it's frightening.

Make a real friend, please.

Post shelf

are you literally fucking disabled in the head? i'm not saying that those aren't classics or that the books are basic, just saying the list is a solid starting point into the classics you fucking degenerate idiot, go read your genre fiction and get your head out of you ass you fucking clown

gead Lolita
gonna read 1984 and Brave New World in the next week or two
I only started reading midway through last year, read 8 books so far this year.
currently about 1/3 through Nausea by Sartre.

I would, but I'm at work.

Holy Bible
The Consolation of Philosophy
Confessions
City of God
Beowulf
Summa
The Travels of Marco Polo
Le Morte d'Arthur
Divine Comedy
The Catcher in the Rye
If This Is a Man
The Second World War
The Second Sex
Invisible Man
Lolita
The Civil War: A Narrative
Catch-22
The Structure of Scientific Revolutions
The Autobiography of Malcolm X
The Double Helix
Silent Spring
Beloved

Yeah, it's too late. Start reading comics.

those penguin books dont hold up too well do they?

hey not bad, keep up the reading! been a while since I read 1984 but it is still on of my favorites, got me into the dystopian genre.

If youre really liking the genre after BNW and 1984 try Fahrenheit 451 and We

>bible
kek

depends on the reader's handling of the book (often the case with dark colored spines on paperback)

>implying it's not a major corner stone of western literature and thought

Get your head out of your ass

That's what you get if you don't use bookmarks.

But yeah, if you are going to assemble a collection of essential classics, might as well get hardcovers.

>majoy corner stone of western literature and thought
KEK

Enjoy your dust trap

>Putting a book with an ebin cover facing forward in your shelf wasting space
When will this meme die?

Also what's that really small one between the new classic design and the older one? Haven't seen any Penguin Classics in that format.

It's not exactly a masterpiece of world literature, but if you're interested in business and finance it's a pretty decent read. Reading (or in my case listening to the audiobook version while at work) about the various factors and challenges involved in making big real estate deals was pretty satisfying. If business/finance/real estate appeals to you then you may find it worth reading, it's a pretty short and painless read with a decent number of memorable anecdotes. But if you're expecting a manual on the subject of real estate investment or deeper insight into the mind of Donald Trump you may be disappointed.

>When will this meme die?
I have never really seen this before, besides in book stores.

Booktubers and /r/books do it frequently.

Considering he is the president of the united states and pretty much the most polarizing political figure of the last 20 years, yeah I guess it's worth a read to understand him a bit better.

Lmfao.