MAJOR

I am choosing my undergrad major soon. Biochemistry or Finance? DECIDE FOR ME. Hopefully my career will let me use both :(

doesnt matter, youre statistically unlikely to realise those ambitious dreams anyway. especially since youre on Veeky Forums. youre probably not as smart as you think you are

the fuck do you know about me

Women studies.

I knew I would only find tards if I asked here.

Double major

Finance, minor in biochemistry
Despite what the people here may have you believe ALL science degrees are shit when it comes to job prospects

t. Molecular Bio BS, Bioinformatics MS, Synthetic Bio PhD

you can predict it quite easily. inferred from the context and what you're asking. dont need to be a rocket scientist. people klike to think they are self-determined and not predictable but they are. sorry. can even infer things by your defensive response.

keep telling yourself that. maybe theyre shit for you... because maybe you havent built yourself up to be a desireable candidate. there is such thing as a bad degree or an undesireable person you know. stop pushing your own personal failings onto the whole scientific community.

too much workload

I'm actually doing pretty great, but many of my peers in other fields have fared poorly.
I'm not saying it's impossible to get a good job, but the market and political climate is much worse than the "Just go into STEM!" mantra would have one believe.
That's why I'm advising OP to go into finance if he doesn't know what he wants to do. I've seen hundreds of people just like OP with no ambition or drive for science, and they sink every time

With only a BS, yeah hard science job prospects are bad but you can still get a job. The main intent is usually research, which you'll 9 times out of 10 need a PhD to do anyway, which is why prosoects are bad.

What is your opinion about science related jobs on wall st?

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing there's money there.
My advice to you: stay out of wet lab or direct research. I work dry lab (bioinformatics) at a biotech firm and make $120k. As soon as I touch a pipette or enter a wet lab I'd certainly lose $20-$40k even with the same qualifications

Shit... dry lab work sounds very cosy. Would a dry lab position related to finance require specific biochem knowledge?

They are great for engineering, I know that. Not so sure about hard sciences. Math people can become actuaries. You can often just work in some tech-related area of finance/business.

Personally, I'd assume the best way to make mad cash with hard sciences is going computational (computational Biology, computational Chemistry, computational ______,)

what the fuck can I study that even has decent job prospects aside from getting lucky and meeting someone whos dad has an exec role in the field

Hmm yes I can infer from your response that you enjoy sucking dicks. You may not realize this yet, but I'm sorry that's just the way it is.

Read the 3 line sticky at the top, you giant retarded faggot.

Finance. Obviously someone who would ask a question like this is saying I think science is cool, but I want to make a lot of money. Go ahead do finance, be successful. It'll probably be easier than being a bench scientist. Biochemistry doesn't need more people like you who are motivated by money and not by knowledge for its own epistemic sake and downstream drug design to help people.

the kind of person who comes on the internet asking for degree advice is not the kind of person who does well in biochemistry or finance. QED

computer science

>drug design
>to help people.
give me one example of a group that attempts to further drug design in such a way to help people rather than maintain profit margins