Help

Can i be top programmer with this IQ? (e.q. blizzard game developer)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/iamverysmart
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah, why not. If you want to be code monkey you don't need to be smart.

A code monkey with 200k/month?

I was kidding. But why not 125 is pretty good. Only 5% of population have IQ 125 and higher. You should be glad. But don't count on online IQ tests. It's total bullshit.

Online test

If you take an internet IQ test and take the results seriously, then your IQ is at most 110. So, let's be generous an assume that your IQ is 110 (Could be much less than that).

Now, of course you can become a "top programmer". Programming is stuff that fucking children do these days. I, for one, made little games with C language when I was 12, and many people start even younger than that.

>blizzard game developer
I think it's prety obvious you don't have to be smart to work in blizz games

Nillers

>>>reddit.com/r/iamverysmart

Anyway, OP, Blizzard isn't what I would call top programmer territory. They capitalize on the kids who played a shitload of video games and then had the necessary motivation to survive a few years of college with quarter decent grades so they can take advantage of their passion and have them writing the code that makes dialog boxes pop up and scroll text, for 60 hours a week for 6 months. Really talented programmers don't do game development unless they really want to. Code monkeys do game development because scientific computing, fiscal analysis, embedded programming, and even web development simply need more skill and understanding than a curriculum in game design will ever give you.

Nah, boyo ull die alone

>web dev is harder than game design
Try not rpgmaker

I've done both. Unless you're writing the engine yourself, webdev is harder, or at least the projects I've been doing. Making a website != webdev. I'm talking about full stack.

If you are writing an engine, then bravo, but that sounds hard as fuck. Use all that effort for something cooler unless it's really your passion.

scored 131
test has to be shit, I'm not that smart

Why would you think this topic belongs in math/sci. Your blatent ineptitude will be exacerbated in any role requiring talent. At best you'll fill entry level positions.

>Really talented programmers don't do game development unless they really want to
[John carmack laughing in the background]
but seriously, game dev can require a lot of skills, or none at all depending on what you do, just like copy-pasting arduino code is considered embedded programming.
Granted, it is probably not true in scientific computing or fiscal analysis.

> webdev
> skill
> he went to college to install google analytics and use jquery

>physics
>skill
>he went to college to study simple harmonic oscillators

>chemistry
>skill
>he went to college to run titrations

>biology
>skill
>he went to college for MITOCHONDRIA IS THE POWERHOUSE OF THE CELL

Just like every other field, webdev has hard parts and easy parts. The only difference with webdev is that the people who do the easy parts are common, loud, and obnoxious.

If you're actually serious about it, stop taking bullshit online tests and just study/code 12 hours/day (or as much as your schedule allows). You will be able to reliably answer your own question in a few months.

>IQ TEST
kek
>Online
IQ

Hi my name is Bob, I am top Windows developer I help with you are having problems I see with Blizzard?

>(e.q. blizzard game developer)

Sure you can! Pic related.

This. For whatever reason (probably this website) I thought webdev was supposed to be ez. Sure if you're just doing front end stuff (HTML, CSS, JavaScript) it's gonna be a relative breeze. (yes I specified what front end entails because it seems a lot of people are uninformed.) To back me up i've already made a program in C# for $ that did some fancy stuff with calculations and eye tracking and whatnot. But I've just started to wrap up a full stack web development bootcamp for this summer, and it's clear to me that webdev is a lot more difficult because it requires more knowledge, (more than I could remember while doing >4 hrs every day for 2 months sadly) than just doing some math in a single language. It's as user said earlier, making a website != webdev.

how does somebody go about getting a professional IQ test conducted?

Shrink. The WAIS-IV cost ~300$ where i'm at.

Heh, you'll do great in trade school kiddo.

>e.q.

Yeah you'll do just fine in software engineering.

the true IQ test is "are you retarded enough to pay that much money to be asigned a redundant intelligence score.

I know it's even more pathetic, but my mom actually insisted that i attend it, and paid the bill. Because she buys into the "gifted kids" meme.
At least it was kind of fun.

What was on that test that is different than online tests? What did you score?

wow, I hope becoming a parent one day doesn't turn me into a retard too. Hopefully she enjoyed being able to brag about you.

One thing I always hated was the kids who bragged they got into gifted and talented and then wound up as retarded as the rest of us.

The parent will fork out the cash for certificates, tests, extra classes etc, it's fucking mad. sometimes I think education is one giant scam. even more so than it already is.

The real test has much more different sections than just the puzzles they give online, there's a memory test where you have to remember a set of numbers given in different orders, a test with cubes where you have to reproduce a figure, a vocabulary test, etc. There's maybe around a dozen subtests and finishing them all takes around 2 hours - 2 hours and a half.
I scored around 135 total, i don't remember exactly, but it was a general score built from an average of the subtests with different weights, which means you can be shit at one subtest and still have an high total IQ.

Oh, i did the test at 24, one year ago, so not much to brag about. Me and my siblings never went to special classes or anything except for the IQ test, my mom just thinks we have to acknowledge we react to things differently than other people because muh high IQ. Other than that, she doesn't think any of us can or will become some kind of super-genius, it's more like personal development.
She does think a mensa membership is a good idea though....

Carmack wasn't really a "game developer" in the same sense though

>Wanting to be a jewzzard dicksucker

Blizzard shat on it's playerbase for years and still made billions of dollars, you could probably have an IQ of 90 and work for blizzard as a programmer. Lead videogame idea guy Jeff Kaplan, had no skills whatsoever and got paid millions a year by blizzard.

No brainlet, you can be a cashier at walgreens

This meme again. No, children being taught pseudocode with blocks is not programming. No, you making some shitty dice rolling game with Java when you were a kid is not actual game development.

>No, children being taught pseudocode with blocks is not programming.
True. However, this is not what I'm talking about. There are kids who have self-taught programming, utilize real programming languages and create non-trivial things. It's not as uncommon as you might think.

>No, you making some shitty dice rolling game with Java when you were a kid is not actual game development.
Some things that I created back then included a platforming game in C (using OpenGL for graphics) and an interpreter (in C++) for my own BASIC variant. These are not ultra-challenging, but still very well match the skill level of an average adult code monkey.

Again: Programming is easy, and even kids can do that shit.

That seems like a step up from being a blizztard dev

i think anyone who understands basic logic, arithmetic, and has a modicum of talent for abstract thought can become proficient in programming. so about anyone with >100 iq

Describe what you consider as real programming then.

Programming is one of the most stupid, most plebian and most simple things there are.

>Kids can do something they practice immensely
>This can't happen with non physical chore X for example
Wew really showed us brainlets... Fill in the X

The brains of children work differently than the brains of adults, as such children acquire skills much faster than adults. I learned easily when I was younger, nowadays I have the attention span of a goldfish and the short term memory just a cut above alzheimer patients.

I don't know about that. I majored in creative writing until I dropped out. I began studying calculus when I went back to school at 23. I'm no math genius, but I enjoyed it a lot and was good enough to win a small regional contest.

>game developer
That's the sweatshop of CS professions. If you really want to be a game developer, I advise that you do it for fun in your spare time while you're employed in a line of work that doesn't have its pay deflated to downright robbery by the sheer number of people wanting to work in it. Be a database technician or an app developer, and your quality of life in other places, including game development, will be more fulfilling overall.