Living in my car as of Friday. Books to get me through the next few weeks?

Any relevant recommendations to help me get through the next few weeks?

Thanks.

Couple questions.

First
Fiction or Non-fiction?

Maybe some fiction to take the edge off/give me something to relate to, and some non-fiction with information about survival?

Ernest Hemingway - The Old Man and the Sea

Walden - Thoreau
On Nature - Emerson

The Holy Bible if you haven't
The Koran

Also, my condolences OP, you can still make the experience awesome.

Thanks, I'm trying to stay positive and I'm sure I'll grow stronger from the experience.

I don't have any suggestions for books, but good luck. Try to stay positive and work forward. Having a goal, something you can work for to make things better, can make the burden lighter, as you know it will be temporary.

Jo Nesbo, Grangé and Camilla Lackberg because you must have some fun and entertainment

I too can rec The Old Man and the Sea. After you're done that read A Farewell to Arms.

I made the mistake of going up on a parkway to sleep when I was living in my car, window got broken out and I got raped. Don't sleep on parkways.

Everywhere seem dangerous

OP semi beggar should read Brecht

>Any relevant recommendations to help me get through the next few weeks?

>Read books in the library. Even a terrible library will be a better place to read than the car. University libraries will tend to have later hours.
>If you're somewhere cold for the love of god stock up on cold weather clothing. Blankets, coat, gloves, long underwear, multiple sweaters, etc. Don't get those lightweight polyester blankets, they won't do shit.

>to help me get through the next few weeks?

As if it is hard, I've been a ski-bum for two years living from my car in that time.

Shit was great.

Do some travelling, OP.

Suttree is absolutely as good as it gets for that. Lived in a car this summer and I cant imagine reading that book any other way.

Also Huckleberry Finn was comfy and Naked Lunch.

Down and out in Paris and London by George Orwell helped me with the time I spent homeless.

Not a book but the best tip I can give you is to have a lot of socks and change them when you wake up or go to bed. I don't know where you are but it's freezing here and the sweat on your socks can freeze on your feet overnight

>all these homeless or ex-homeless people on Veeky Forums

Read comfy Light Novels, they're like anime, but written down.
It will add lighthearted fun and waifus into your miserable situation, and they are free, assuming you have some kind of electronic device to read them on.
Good luck user!

Are we allowed to ask why you're homeless?

No, and by doing so you have transgressed. For the purposes of correction, we will soon be in touch.